[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TL;DR Wanna move out of my shitty situation thats none of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: S4.jpg (224KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
S4.jpg
224KB, 400x300px
TL;DR Wanna move out of my shitty situation thats none of my fault, feel really guilty doing so

1. My situation
>Currently living a rental home which my mother is not paying rent on. We got a final eviction notice, but she handled it. I don't know how long this will last
>We Were supposed to move in March 2016, but the closing date kept getting pushed back all the way to now. The date is unknown atm.
>I have no intention to help pay for a lot of bills as I am currently in college and leaving the 5th to go back.
>My mom struggles to provide food and basic necessities, so I rely on my minimum wage job to pay for that
>Twin got a girl pregnant, I don't know how to help because its not my business
>Dad recently died and he left no life insurance policy
>I am hands down on my way to being very successful,

2. Why I need advice

I have no idea how to help or be of help since I put my schooling first. I have money to help my family out, but I always use the excuse of tuition to quiet them. I feel guilty a lot but I have my priorities set on becoming successful. I am very sick of having things unknown in my life because of my mother's incompetence. Although, I feel obligated to stay at home since she's old and very emotional after my dad passed. I want to move out and live with a friend, as multiple people know about my situation and want to help me. I think my full potential cannot be reached unless I leave them and go on my own. I’m 19 and am capable of it, I feel like its a dick move to move out and abandon them.

What should I do?
>>
>>17495784
you're still young. Do what you need to do now so your situtation adn thus, everyones situation, will be better in the future.

Dont be like i was when i was 19 and had the world in my palm, just to move back home out of guilt to care for my sick brother and devolving into a jobless, prospectless, low-life through your 20's/

After moving back home when i was 19, i was perpetually broke, somtimes so broke i didnt eat for days, started abusing drugs, making everything worse for everybody. I didn't leave again until i was 26. Within one year I had my shit together and landed a job in an epic location about 1200 miles away from my family that's currently paying 35/hour.

I can't bare to think of what I could have accomplished had I stayed true to myself when I was your age and stayed the course.

Its lonely and guilt ridden as fuck when you abandon your family, but sometimes its simply the right thing to do
>>
>>17495822
thank you for the pointers, But I am leaving at 19. You left at a very acceptable age. My dad would call me a coward I feel like.

I mean shit, I have friends whose parents told me they'd take care of me, feed me ect. My mom does none of that, but I feel guilty regardless.
>>
>>17495836
staying home out of guilt doesn't do anybody and justice.

you need to drop the guilt and find another reason to stay, which might mean leaving for a few years to sort it out
>>
Not trying to be a negative nancy, I completely agree with holding on to your money and getting yourself set up. But if your mother needs help, like legit help and not drug money.. and you have something to spare I like to think it would do her way more good than you.

That's short term thinking though, you're on the long term. I get that. But if someone needs help and you can do so with little to no repercussion on your part, isn't it worth it?
>>
>>17495904
There is repercussion. Rising tuition costs, food, bills ect. I barely spend money on food, I eat oatmeal and pbjs everyday. I save every dime of my hard earned money to deter anything terrible from happening.

Also, I forgot to mention, My mother is an avid smoker and smokes 2 packs a day. She also drinks a lot at bars and I know thats expensive.
>>
>>17495997
> I have money to help my family out, but I always use the excuse of tuition to quiet them.

So can you help or no? Because if you have money but don't want to give it, you can help but aren't willing. But if you don't have money your hands are tied.
>>
>>17496010
by excuse of tuition, I genuinely mean my hands are tied. I have dreams and they involve graduating, and without the money I have saved, I can't do it.
>>
>>17496025
Then why start the thread? You want to help but cant, so you want us to somehow make you feel better about it?
>>
>>17496038
I wanted to know if it was morally correct to move out. Not to ask about money.

Here's some advice, read the thread before you comment.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.