[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do's and Dont's of asking a girl out in college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: joey-hitting-on-rachel.gif (89KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
joey-hitting-on-rachel.gif
89KB, 500x281px
In what situations would it be inappropriate to ask for a girl's number?

There's times where I've seen a girl I thought was gorgeous on campus, yet I've had no reasonable way to approach them. Example being

>Be sitting at circular concrete benches set outside of one of the department buildings on campus.
>There's like 5 or 6 of them set up on the stairs
>Really cute girl sitting on one opposite of mine
>Our backs are turned away from each other
>Most of the classes are in session so we're the only ones occupying the outside of the department building

I feel like the only way to approach her would be to just walk up, say something like "Hey, mind if I sit with you?" and if that works ask her what she's working on, talk about classes, then say some shit like "I gotta go, can I get your number, maybe we can get coffee sometime?" but I feel like that'd be borderline creepy of me to do that. Wouldn't a girl under normal circumstances be uncomfortable by some stranger doing that?

Excuse my social autism on this, but I've only dated three girls before college, and they all came to me. I had to put minimal to absolutely no effort on the "chase".
>>
>>17494309
Quit overthinking this shit. Talking to some dumb girl, no matter what she looks like is no different than talking to any other dumb person. Just approach them any way you would approach someone else.

I want you to realize these things that will help you accomplish this; this girl is a stranger. She is no one to you at this point in time and you are no one to her. Now take out the sex you want from your head and just make small talk shit about the weather or classes or SOME boring shit. This is how the gauging test begins with social interractions. You throw pointless shit at each other seeing how the other reacts. You try to make aqcuaintances or friends with people before you get any closer. You have to see if it's a person you want to get closer to.

So just shut the fuck up, sit down and say something about class or some shit. I mean introduce yourself, but don't make it some big fucking deal. And for fucks sake don't ask for her number upon first MEETING her, goddamn that is so obvious. You need to just get a step in, run into her a few times and test out your little interractions and go from there. Have you never made any relationship before on your own?
>>
>>17494326
>Have you never made any relationship before on your own?
>"and they all came to me. I had to put minimal to absolutely no effort on the "chase"." - OP
>>
>>17494355
You had to put SOME fucking effort in. There's no way any of those girls decided to date a brick wall
>>
>>17494358
These were women that had done everything in terms of the "chase". Telling me they had feelings for me. Giving me their number. One took my phone and put my number in it, and said "Text me sometime, okay?"

I of course put effort in, but this was well into the relationship. I didn't have to do shit during the "chase" part of things.
>>
>>17494309
>but I've only dated three girls before college, and they all came to me.
clearly you are attractive. bee urself and it literally wont matter what you say
>>
>>17494412
I like to think I'm good enough looking, but I know I'm not THAT good looking.
Only one asked me out in person. The other one I met through a mutual friend, and the last one messaged me on FB and just gave me her number.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.