[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I cure bipolar disorder without medication?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: (16)images.jpg (4KB, 240x190px) Image search: [Google]
(16)images.jpg
4KB, 240x190px
How can I cure bipolar disorder without medication?
>>
File: 1468283230268.png (93KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
1468283230268.png
93KB, 300x269px
>>17493580

Bipolar disorder is not a curable condition. Its a very multi-faceted, complicated disorder that MUST be treated with medication and therapy. It can be treated but not cured.

There is no home remedy to a severe psychological disorder like bipolar.

There are over 5 different types of bipolar disorder all with different manifestations, behavioral patterns, symptoms and methods of treatment. This is not something that you are capable of doing on your own, thats why we have doctors.

See a doctor. Get therapy. Create a support system and trust them to help you with your condition. Untreated Bipolar disorder can and will destroy your life or possibly kill you if you go on thinking you can handle it on your own.
>>
>>17493596
So there is absolutely no hope, I have an incurable disease and should give up?
>>
>>17493600
With that attitude sure but I know a few manics that manage to live good lives with medication and therapy.
>>
>>17493604
So what's the cure?
>>
>>17493604
Hmm does being bipolar make you retarded too? There isn't a cure for it just like there isnt a cure for me being a short balding manlet. We all have to play the hand we are dealt.
>>
>>17493614
Want to swamp?
I would like to know how is it like being an absolute moron
>>
>>17493622
Obviously I know you have it worse. Being a cunt isn't going to make you feel better. However, medication and therapy will help you.
>>
>>17493634
What makes you think I haven't gone through therapy?
What makes you think I haven't gone through medication?
What makes you think i have people in my life?
What makes you think it hasn't already destroyed me?
>>
>>17493643
I don't know man. My uncle was bipolar. Led a relatively normal life until one day he decided to stop taking his meds and joined a cult. People on 4Chan aren't going to be able to help you though that's for sure.
>>
You can't. It sucks, it's expensive, but medication is the best option.
>>
>>17493647
I lived a relatively miserable life until I stopped taking my pills and now I still live a relatively miserable life but refuse to ever take pills again
>>
>>17493650
The best option towards suicide?
Because I can tell you I would rather die
>>
>>17493580
Hopefully meditate, I mean holy shit why don't you have pills? Not that I advocate this abusive pharm industry but you know, if it helps you keep from grabbing my ass on a train or otherwise breaking mentally, so be it.
>>
>>17493652
Well that's your decision man. From personal experience I say you should take your medication.
>>
>>17493662
So there is absolutely no hope, I have an incurable disease and should give up?
>>
File: image.png (146KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
146KB, 480x352px
OP I'm bipolar and I rapidly shift moods. One day I'm literally God and the next I feel like the lowest form f trash on the planet. It's a part of your personality and it's what makes you human. Love yourself no matter what and embrace it. Fuck the meds. Fuck the doctors. Good luck OP. You're still a faggot.
>>
>>17493663
I never said that. Thats YOUR decision.
>>
>>17493659
Because I stopped taking them at the beginning of the year?
>>
>>17493669
So what is the cure?
>>
>>17493675
Jeeze dude go take your meds. Everyone thinks they know better than doctors these days. Odds are you don't.
>>
>>17493667
24 years with this shit is already too much I don't want 50 more.
I rate life a 1/10 I regretted taking part in it and would rather go to hell
>>
>>17493678
Doctors don't know how much medication hurts
>>
>>17493684
Are you hurting dude>
>>
>>17493684
Then COMMUNICATE that with your doctors and therapists. You know with the people who get paid to deal with these issues everyday.
>>
>>17493690
All they do is switch them on and on and nothing changes. Medication never helped me it just makes everything worse
>>
File: image.png (539KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
539KB, 640x1136px
>>17493680

Life isn't 1/10 because of your disorder. It's 1/10 because of your perspective. Confront yourself OP. Confront your problems. Take the pain. Take more. If you can't just take the plunge and end it, but there's no guarantee that there is an after-life. If there isn't, and you blew the one chance you had at existence, well you are a very sad story. Give yourself a happy ending. Make changes and embrace the changes you make. Stop making excuses.
>>
>>17493709
There are things worse than death I have experienced some
>>
The term "incurable" may feel like a huge fucking blow to the head, but you can by all means continue to live a very happy and successful life by managing your bipolar with the right medication and therapy.

If your medication is not helping you, make it especially clear to your GP.
>>
>>17493725
It how I have felt my whole life
>continue to live a happy and successful life
HAHAHAAHAAHA
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>17493718
Explain? I'm genuinely intrigued. This is coming from someone who has experienced trauma at a very young age and an awful upbringing. Also my gf of 4 years just left me for no reason on the same night I walked in on a surprise intervention for my mother dying of liver cirrhosis. I'm not saying this to one up you. I'm saying it because i feel an extraordinary amount of pain every day like a black thunder cloud over my head. I know I'm stronger than it though. This pain can't kill me. The lows of this life that I lead is necessary for me to appreciate the highs and the good parts of life, however seldom they occur. It builds character and gives me strength. The crushing sadness is also an excellent way to see what exactly I need to change in my life. What's on your mind OP? What is the fire in the building of your soul that makes you want to leap out the window?
>>
>>17493736
Long periods of time where being awake feels worse than any pain you have ever experienced, you can't muster the straight to get out of bed at all and seem to have no end in sight
Getting stuck going down in a negative spiral going lower and lower from i feel kind of bad to i hate everything i wish I was never born, my life has been nothing but garbage, my life will be never but garbage, I wish it ended years ago, I'm living the fucking extended cut for a horrible movie i was born to pay for things I never did, I constantly rot but I'm never allowed to expirewhen i actually manage to get a good streak I have to pay for it dealing with the awful crash that comes after
>>
OP, check out sean blackwell @ bipolarorwakingup on youtube if you havent already

if you're going through a spiritual emergency then it can possibly be managed off meds...difficult path to walk, quite a few have done it tho, although its rare

but most of the time the better option is to find meds that you're happy with like most people are suggesting here
>>
File: image.jpg (759KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
759KB, 3264x2448px
>>17493752
If you do not have debt or an incurable physical illness then there is still hope for you. Stay off the drugs. Join an AA meeting and pretend to be an alcoholic just to get some support from people. See the brighter side of humanity for once. Get out of your fucking bed dude. Create something. Create art. Create dreams and goals. Fuck man has being the way you are worked out at all? It's time to make a change or just become another bitter old faggot who hates everything and is nothing different than a 13 year old emo little bitch besides you'll be 80 years old. It's time to wipe those tears away OP. Fuck sadness. It's time to get angry. It's time to get revenge on all of the people who talk down on you and think you can't do it. Show them you have passion. Show them you're a capable human. Be a capable human. Have some fucking confidence mate. Fake it if you have to. Start lifting. Recognize the aspects of your life that are holding you back and depending on if it's possible try to remove them. It's time to move forward OP.
>>
>>17493779
Whenever I do this I crash and end up worse than ever
You don't know what you are talking about, save yourself the pep talk. As long as I don't move shit stays at a minimum level
>>
>>17493779
Here is the fucking secret, when you expect everything to be shit and its shit it hurts. When you attempt to make something better and its still shit it destroy you.
I no longer take medication, sometimes I wake up feeling great and after a couple hours I want to die so fucking bad, other days I spend 16 hours on bed and end up feeling amazing.
It's the way it is, with medication I just felt tired and hungry all day
>>
File: image.png (22KB, 623x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
22KB, 623x371px
>>17493791
How the fuck can you say I don't know what I'm talking about? I suffer from the same disorder and I'm actively bettering my life despite many, many hardships I deal with every day. Between a drug addict brother, an alcoholic father who probably has lung cancer, a dying mother, and a girl who said she loved me but didn't really mean it, I still live a life worth living. Honestly fuck you OP. You clearly want to keep making excuses for yourself until the end of time just to validate your stagnant lifestyle. It's sad and you deserve to be happy like everyone else. Just remember that your shitty life, unless you have a terminal illness, is your choice and yours alone. I hope your still content with your decision when you're older, if you even make it that far with that shitty attitude you have.
>>
>>17493658
Ha, they put you on Depakote, didn't they? I had the same problem with that shit. If you have a good doctor who will work with you, and you're honest with them, they'll get you right.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.