[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beating Genetics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1461088120731.jpg (125KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461088120731.jpg
125KB, 1080x1080px
So I have a weird question but is it possible to surpass your genetics? My genetics that were passed down were a chubby face, and a natural double chin. Can I work hard and surpass my genetics that were passed down? or will I hit a wall eventually and need surgery or something stupid like that
>>
>>17491217
Bump
>>
Being fat is not genetic. Being fat is caused by eating more calories than you burn. You can lose fat but it is not a matter of surpassing your genetics. It is a matter of changing your eating habits toward a more healthy lifestyle, one day at the time.
>>
>>17491217
Your teacher should have beaten you with a biology book.
>>
>>17491236
This.
>>
A good thing you can do to try to beat a double chin is to teach yourself to hold the base of your tongue up against the roof of your mouth as its default position.
>>
>>17491236
>>17491243
>>17491244
Okay let me clear this up because I'm sounding like a 500 pound fatass who is trying to make excuses, I was only asking because I have been losing weight at the gym I went down form240 to 200 and noticed my face wasnt losing any fat. I looked at my fathers side and noticed that all men have fat faces with double chins. Some are overweight and some are a just about normal weight. And genetic wise people can have strong jawlines compared to weaker jawlines which was my main concern because my genetics are obviously weaker jawlines so I was wondering if I could surpass that feature
>>
>>17491247
Is that a real thing? I've never heard of something like that. In fact most times I looked up jaw exercise I just saw that it was a bullshit thing and all you can do to fix double chins is lose weight
>>
Bro, roundfaces like us are gonna stay roundfaces, I dont have a double chin anymore but still big cheeks I think it also depends on age
>>
>>17491276
Do you have a before and after picture? Or did you just push through and work hard to get rid of the double chin? That is my main concern, I have a full beard (good beard genetics) and I honestly only keep it because of my insecurity with my double chin so I keep it thicker then I would like.
>>
>>17491254
>I was only asking because I have been losing weight at the gym I went down form 240 to 200 and noticed my face wasnt losing any fat.
When you look at pictures of people who went through gradual weight loss, the change on their face generally happens once they go below 200lbs. Our body doesn't burn fat equally, it stores more fat in the belly area and it also burns more fat from the belly area, until that runs out and it finally it burns the rest which includes the face. You're almost there, just keep going.
>>
>>17491254

> 200 lbs
Kek, "genetics" , you want a simple answer, yes, this is something you can beat.
Go for 8 - 12 % bodyfat and if you still have a fat face then I would post something like this.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.