[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life is meaningless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (6KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 318x159px
I finally realized that life is meaningless. There will be one day that I'm never remembered and the results of everything I've accomplished will be gone. No matter what I do. My life is an utter pit of nothingness. I don't even really care about anything anymore. I put on a straight face every day, try to seem normal. People have been noticing that I never smile lately. I have no reason to. Inside I feel like I have a hole, with just a thin crust above it keeping my life from falling into it. I don't know what to do. I just go through the motions now,barely putting real effort into anything. I never feel truly happy anymore, I act happy when it seems appropriate so no one notices. The last thing I want is someone thinking I need help or some shit. Why the fuck do I need to be alive, no one would even care if I was or wasn't.

What is the purpose of life, /adv/? And why does it matter when everything we do will be gone eventually.
>>
>>17490958

What's your alternative?
>>
>>17490958
Find religion or kill yourself.

If you've made this realization, your only option is to accept it as the truth, or admit you're wrong and find another answer.

Anything else is just torturing yourself because you cant just ignore that feeling.
>>
File: no reason to die.png (71KB, 702x357px) Image search: [Google]
no reason to die.png
71KB, 702x357px
>>17490958
>What is the purpose of life
There isn't one.

>And why does it matter when everything we do will be gone eventually
It doesn't.

Nothing in life matters. You can keep on trucking and doing nothing, you'll get bored of it eventually. You can take your own life if you really want to, doesn't matter. As far as you're concerned, the universe can stop existing the moment you die, it won't make a difference to you.

But since you're here, asking this question, you obviously want someone to tell you why to live and not kill yourself. The truth is, there is no answer. Either accept that or delude yourself with religion.

I'm pretty sure that you my answer isn't helpful at all, but that's my view on life. I don't enjoy living and if it ever gets really bad, I'll kill myself and end it once and for all, but whatever I decide - it does not matter.
>>
The purpose of life is to have fun with the constantly decreasing time you have left.
>>
>>17490958
There is no inherent purpose to life. Make your own, or crawl into a ball and die.
>>
>>17490958
Life may lack an objective meaningfullnes, but you don't have to resign yourself to being pointless. Embrace the fact that you are human and live accordingly. That can mean most anything, and is something different to anyone who subscribes to that idea. If you want to learn a new language or discipline, do it. If you want to be happy, do whatever makes you happy. Make yourself what you want to be. The way I see it, it's shit that we're human, but it's what we are stuck with, and there's no point in trying to amend that in any way or cheapen it by chasing after something that doesn't exist. Live life for life's sake, and not for some ill-defined, non-existent ultimate meaning.
>>
>>17490958
I don't know what the meaning of life is, or if there is one, but I know that I can feel your energy from two planets away. I got my drink, I got my music. I would share it but today I'm yelling "bitch don't kill my vibe".
>>
I agree that there is no meaning in the end but I want to see the best I can be.
I work out, I'm learning a language, I'm improving skills, and personal accomplishment makes me happy.
It may not matter in the end but for the next 60 years I can feel accomplished and look at people and think "I'm better than them."
>>
>>17490958
My dad once said "The only meaning life has is the one you give it."
>>
>>>/lit/
>>
"The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves." - Alan W. Watts.
>>
File: meaning of life.png (929KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
meaning of life.png
929KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>17490958
When in doubt, ask your instict, it's the only thing that don't lie to you.
And yes, your animal instict is telling you to survive, faget.
>>
File: ereerg.jpg (5KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
ereerg.jpg
5KB, 284x177px
Read what you just wrote. Life IS meaningless, you can be Micheal Jackson, doesn't mean shit, you could be rich, in love, you could be anything it all doesn't fucking matter. But isn't that the most beautiful thing in the world? You literally don't have to do anything you don't want to, if you are feeling the way you feel, it's you, your soul it's inside of you saying fuck this, why am I with these people, why am i working here, literally why don't you buy a plain ticket to the bahamas tomorrow? Does it really matter, nope, start small spend a day where you drive out into the wild, walk around naked, take acid, do what ever the fuck you want to do, what you are doing now doesn't mean anything, you could be feeling the same as you do right now if you were the biggest celebrity in the world, our conventions and worries and even dreams hold us back, no one knows what the fuck they are really doing in their life, if you were born 50 years ago there was no fucking internet, life is the most fucking bizarre thing and it's fucking beautiful! If you don't make a change, nothing will change, and you WILL die feeling the same, not like that even fucking matters!
>>
>>17491737
> cuck course
> content worth even looking at
Pick one
>>
>>17491768
I wish I could be free from the shackles of society and its stupid expectations

I've tried but there's a voice telling me to not be a fucking weirdo like diogenes
>>
The meaning of life is 1) creative achievement, 2) meaningful relationships, and (distant) 3) profound experiences (in that order). Pursue these things and you will be fulfilled (what most people call happy).

The universe may not have inherent meaning, but it is NOT random, it has patterns, and we are hardwired to seek what I have described above. That is our meaning, and that is the good life.
>>
>>17492104
10/10 answer
>>
life only has as much meaning as you give it.

there is no plan, there is no reason you're here besides the fact that your dad forgot to pull out. so, find things that you can preoccupy yourself. thats why so many people say a career fulfills them, because it eats so much of their time and gives them something to relax from.
>>
File: 1468468065126.gif (2MB, 350x190px) Image search: [Google]
1468468065126.gif
2MB, 350x190px
>>17490958
The meaning of life is sex
>>
Shit can be enjoyable even if it isn't infinite.

But if you really hate living, then give me your credit card info so I can have all your worthless money after you kill yourself.
>>
>>17492409
if his money is worthless to you, please pass that info on to me. It is not worthless to me. I could really use it.
>>
>>17492179
That is not the meaning of life, that is merely one of the necessary conditions for life. Try not to get them confused again.
>>
>>17490958
Life is probably meaningless to you because you don't have a spiritual practice.
>>
What stops nihilists from raping and killing people?
>>
It's quite simple.

If you want a logical take on it. The meaning of your life and everyone's else's is extremely simple.

>achieve skills required to survive
>find a woman good enough to settle down with
>make babies
>raise them to be able to properly contribute to society and pass on the skills required to survive and continue the cycle.

That's the cold, hard and honest truth.

If you want to feel more unique and individual? Simple. Maken up your own reason to be alive and chase after it. Go at it with everything you've got and eventually you'll get to it or be on the right path for what's best for you.
>>
>>17490958
welcome to the human race
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.