[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to catch up on my studies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'm currently a uni student and I've been skipping a lot of chemistry classes and have a current average of 40%.

Our uni records all the lectures so I can rewatch those, but there's way too many lectures for me to watch by the time I have my next tests.

I can't seem to understand the way my friends write notes so that hasn't been of much help to me either.

How would you guys usually deal with this kind of stuff?

Also, I'm Asian so my parents are going to be pretty pissed if I fail this unit.
>>
This is how I study:
>Read notes (either my own or lecture slide printouts)
>acquire past exams and answers
>practice the exam, using the answers when I get stuck

Then once I'm familiar with the topic I do the whole exam without looking at the answers. This works well for me.

Ask your lecturer for practice questions and discuss how they got the answer if this material isn't available.
>>
>>17489140
Yeah, I just finished a practice test today but that was the only one that was posted up.

I guess I should ask for more of those.
>>
>>17489144
Oh shit I misread your first post (I thought the image was just a joke).

I'm actually working on my masters in chemistry right now; what part are you struggling with? I'm kinda bad at physical chemistry (it wasn't a requirement for bachelors) so I may not be so helpful with that.
>>
>>17489156
I'm mostly struggling with formulas and all that. I'm doing really well in bio so it's definitely not the memorizing.

I'm in my first year and it's a core requirement of many of my subjects next year. (I'm taking Forensic Science)

I guess memorizing formulas should be my focus. Problem is, unlike maths, I can't find a place where all the formulas are just there in a list. And even if I do get a formula, I don't know how to use them since they're all used for different things and have their own symbols.

If you could find me a collection of all these formulas and a short explanation of each of them, that would be really great.
>>
>>17489182
That's a really broad question, are you talking about chemical formulas or things like n = m/M?

What sort of questions are you being asked? A course outline would be helpful.
>>
>>17489251
This is what I'm studying: http://www.deakin.edu.au/current-students/courses/unit.php?unit=SLE155&return_to=%2Fcurrent-students%2Fcourses%2Fcourse.php%3Fcourse%3DH315

And yeah, I'm struggling with formulas such as finding the pH of 100mL of 50 moles of Calcium, something like that.

I can't find a more detailed course outline so I'd have to follow up on all the lectures to make a list for you.
>>
>>17489251
50% in practicals is the passing requirement for this unit, and I've done 2 practicals so far out of 10, and my average for those two is 32.5% which means i need an average of 62% for the remaining practicals. It's difficult for me since I can't look at the textbook during practicals either.
>>
>>17489264
>pH of 100mL of 50 moles of Calcium

Okay this doesn't quite make sense, did they mean calcium hydroxide or calcium carbonate? pH is a measure of H3O+ ions in solution, so it's not a constant value and will vary based on concentration.

I rewrote this post a couple times trying to simplify it, so take what I've written below to try answer the question

>Find Kb (this value lets you know how much OH- you'll get from your species)
>Work out amount of OH- as a concentration (how many moles do you have divided by volume of water, express as moles per litre molL-1)
>Use log formula (it might be negative log) to get a number between 1 and 14
>this is pOH
>14 - pOH = pH

This is acid/base solution chemistry, youtube tutorials might help.

It's 2:28am here, so if this hasn't helped drop me an email at my throwaway email and I'll try get back to you in the morning [email protected]
>>
>>17489132
All things considered, it might be a good isea to try going to class.
>>
>>17489363
Yeah, I've started attending class now, but I'm unable to follow half of it due to the classes I've missed. The reason I didn't attend chem in the first place is because all their classes are at 8AM in the morning.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.