[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to rise a kid to be disciplined?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: images (21).jpg (19KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
19KB, 332x443px
I'm not a parent but want to be one.

I don't want my kid to be disobedient, undisciplined and lacking of self control. I think those are important for a good citizen, and will be the only thing I demand of the kid.

What do I do to get that?
>>
Then don't be that parent who micromanages every aspect of their kids' lives
>>
Be those things yourself, and as long as you don't have some glaring personality flaw that hinders your child's development they will acquire those characteristics through osmosis.

Although it is incredibly unlikely you possess any of the abilities you wish to see in your child and are probably going to sabotage their development with your unrealistic expectations, which, although not unachievable are unlikely considering that this hypothetical child's father is asking for advice on how to groom said child into success that the father could never achieve himself.
>>
>>17488847
Be a good example.
Be calm and understanding, communicate what you expect your kid to do and explain to them why they should do so.
Punish them and reward them when needed.
Do not use violence.
Be constant.
>>
You lead by example. Though I highly doubt you possess these traits yourself.
>>
>>17488868

Best advice
>>
Never give up, never surrender?
Just remember when they're between 1.5 and 4 they will fucking test you every day and make you feel like you're a shitty parent and like none of you will survive the next ten years, but as long as you're showing them proper love and discipline, once they get in school the destroyers settle down.
There were multiple times every day I wanted to strangle or beat the shit out of my kid, but once I sent them to stay with grandma, aunties, or got them in school, they started practicing all the lessons I had been trying to teach them.
It's key that they know you love them no matter what, but also that they know they had better fucking bend to your will.
>>
>>17488868

This.

When I asked my own father the same question (and I like to believe he did a pretty good job of raising me to be disciplined), he told me that the best way to instill a value in your children is to never live above the rules you set. Meaning, don't be above the law.

If the rule is, "no yelling in anger," but then one day you get mad and yell, and your kids don't see you apologize and punish yourself for breaking the rule, then they won't believe it's really a rule worth following; they'll feel it's a rule you're merely enforcing with your position as a parent. The rules *you follow,* and which *you punish yourself* for breaking, are the ones they will believe are real, and are important.
>>
>>17489125
> The rules *you follow,* and which *you punish yourself* for breaking, are the ones they will believe are real, and are important.

This is very true.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.