[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Help Getting Housing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: aquaman sadface.gif (384KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
aquaman sadface.gif
384KB, 200x150px
Long story short, I fucked up and missed the deadline for student housing.
I submitted a late application a few months ago and my profile still says I don't have any assignments.
The semester starts in less than a week.

What can I do/who can I call to help ensure I get student housing? I live like 2 hours away from campus, so commuting isn't an option.
If I've gotta get something off-campus, so be it, but I'd obviously prefer the cheaper/closer (if less glamorous) option.

Any advice?
>>
>>17487115

You fucked up, so you're probably not gonna get it. Start looking housing elsewhere immediately. Should have started weeks ago really.
>>
>>17487128
The only thing is, the housing office keeps giving me the runaround.
I've been at this for a few weeks (months, really), sending in emails and making phone calls and the answer is always something to the effect of "we're sorting through things, stay tuned" (this was even up till last week).

My school's office loves to drag its feet, so it's a total possibility that they could tell me I've got housing a day or two before I have to move in. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

I just don't wanna commit to a lesser option, then have to pay cancellation fees in the event that my first choice works out.

Then again, I suppose it's better to have a place to live and have to pay a fee than to be left out in the cold.
>>
>>17487148
Go in person?
>>
>>17487161
That's another thing I was thinking.
Figure if I don't have a concrete answer soon, I'm gonna have to take a trip down there and sort it out in person.
>>
>>17487170
>>17487170
Good luck in college if you can't figure out this simple step yourself.
>>
>>17487170
No, you seriously need to go down there asap and sort it out in person. Make an appointment to speak to someone about it, if you need to. While you're there, scope the area and look for any available apartments/houses for rent because there might be a wait on these, too.
>>
>>17487115
Call the office you sent the application to. Learn the status (i.e., do you have a chance?) . If not, ask them to pass you on to the off-campus housing, who will have a current list of approved landlords. You'll probably have to go there in person eventually, to check places out and commit yourself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.