[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some outside opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: fresh perspective.jpg (541KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fresh perspective.jpg
541KB, 731x1024px
So I'm currently caught in a cycle.

I'm living with my parents after college. College was a way to escape the domestic problems and fighting, but now I'm back and stuck. I can't move out because I have no money. I have no money because I have no job. Thus, I'm alone and sitting with my thoughts all day, which seems to be making things worse. At this point I think I have depression since I can't even play video games without feeling like shit.

Now that the cycle of bitching is done, here's the good news. I am guaranteed a job within a few months. In the meantime, I have no idea what to do. I feel like looking for work now will be pointless since I have no experience, no obvious career goals, and staying at home is draining my energy.

I can't think straight with all this and just need some outside perspectives.
>>
look for a job anyway.

'guaranteed' isnt a real thing, and 'within a few months' is going to turn to 'within a few more months'. just go keep looking. dont tell them you already got another one lined up for in a few months, its no big deal.

at the very least it will give you application experience, and it gets you out of the house, and having some money lined up by the time you get that 'guaranteed' job will mean you can move out and start comfortably as soon as you get it.

plus if that job falls through, you'll have this one.
>>
>>17486917
Alright.

I can interview fine, it's just getting the application. On top of that, I'm pretty naive and don't know what I'm qualified to do. I have an econ degree with a minor in math and I can't find anywhere nearby to put that to use.

I would move to where there are move jobs, but I don't have money.
>>
keep writting about this. I mean write here it's ok. But write in paper, and it's about talk wiith yourself and you'll always feel better even with answers to your questions. Also go to a book shop/library, the stuff you need to read about always appear in the moment you precise it. good luck buddy
>>
>>17486935

>i can interview fine
>i know from that half of an interview ive had in my life

zero experience in a job means zero experience in applying for jobs mate.

>im pretty naive and dont know what im qualified to do

give up on life then. no one ever knows what they're doing, they just explore the seeming best option and go from there

>muh degree

work at a frozen yogurt shop if you have to. gets you out of the house and away from parents.

here is some general life advice:
>stop talking about why something might not work out as if its the defining issue.

do you want to be that guy that just does nothing in life cuz 'oh im naive'. or do you want to be that guy that just goes out and does something.

literally, what is the worst that could happen in this situation? there is nothing that trying will do to hurt you here. at worst, you learn more about applying for jobs, what youre qualified for, and will be less naive even if you dont get a job.

twat.
>>
>>17486937
I know of a bookstore. It isn't close, but it's comfortable and I could spend some time there.

>>17486947
I think you misunderstand me. I've interviewed for unpaid volunteer work, and the job I'm waiting on and have never had a problem.

The reason it's taking months is because I interviewed and then some asshole suit decided to reinvent the company.

I know I'm being a depressive pessimist, though. It sounds stupid but I know it's happening but can't see it. It's why I need this advice.

I'll look at jobs I've overlooked then. I feel such a push to develop my career that I think I'm losing sight of the present.

Thanks.
>>
File: pearlol.png (100KB, 246x320px) Image search: [Google]
pearlol.png
100KB, 246x320px
>>17486961

>ive interviewed for unpaid volunteer work

wow, almost as if your actual skills and long term employability dont matter and they were just happy ot have a volunteer!

>they're reinventing the company but i swear that prick of a suit will still hire me in a few months

like i said, dont hold your breath. at the very least apply for minimum wage shit so you're out of the house and making money.
>>
>>17486961
Nothing is guaranteed, especially not a job "in a few months." It won't hurt to keep applying. Who knows, you may find an even better opportunity and you can brush up your interview skills either way. I'm in the same boat as you and looking to move out by the beginning of 2017.
>>
>>17486966
I only say guaranteed because I've interviewed, been shown around (after), we talked about pay benefits and all that, we talked about my potential movement within the company, and I got to meet and shake hands with a lot of people. My friend's dad is a head engineer there too, which is why this all happened. He just says that everyone liked me, but they just can't hire me right now. I know, now, that I can't wait on this forever. It's just that forever snuck up on me. I was initially waiting weeks, but now it's been 2 months with nothing to show.

>>17486970
My goal was to move out by the end of the summer, but that's obviously not happening. I just have no idea what to look for. I guess I'll try fast food/retail. I think there's a temp place nearby. I just don't know how that works
>>
OP here. I'm going to call up a temp agency tomorrow morning. You guys helped me realize that I'm putting all my eggs in one basket. Thanks.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.