[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

27 got fired for DUI, kicked out of military (unrelated), kicked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: pigs.jpg (12KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
pigs.jpg
12KB, 254x198px
Where do I begin...
Im turning 27 soon, got gired from my job, kicked out of college, and have a DUI (misdemeanor).

I cant work for 8-10 an hour... I have 450,000 saved up from investing my college money (gift from father, and saving like a fiend).

What jobs can I do that I can make 20+ an hour with a criminal record/bad driving record and no skills except finance and a basic computer/IT repair?

No serious IT consultants will hire me, they don't want to fuck around with an employee who is not worth 30+...

I was thinking about going back to school for accounting, and going for a CPA.

Give me some motivation, or a good kick in the nuts, or tell me about line of work where I can make over 20+ an hour please.
>>
>>17486700

Go teach English in China.

Not sure if it pays $20/hour, just gets your "I'm too good for $8/hour" ass out of my hemisphere.
>>
Why post about police being pigs when you endangered someone else's life and got caught?
Also what were you studying in school?
>>
Finance...
Im not a sales person... going to community college for IT/Programming, honestly I fucking hate it...

I want to get into accounting but i have no clue how I can, because I got kicked out of 4 year...

A 2 year in accounting is useless.
>>
> I have 450,000 saved up
450,000 USD?
I don't know why you're desperate for ways to earn money when you've already got that. You can use that money to basically do anything you want.

You're stuck in this mindset where you have to get a job, where you have to work for someone else. You can easily start your own business with that kind of money. I started one for one-tenth of that.

Hell, you could even do something like buy 50 acres of land out in the country where it's cheap, build a house on it, start subsistence farming, start a part-time business, AND still have money left over.

If I had that kind of money right now, I'd be set for life, and I'd never have to work for someone else again.
>>
>>17487070
How's the business going, anon? Also, what type of business it is and where do you come from?
>>
>>17487006
It must suck that there's only one 4 year university in whatever country you live in.
>>
Bay Area California.

I am scared other schools will deny me entrance, based upon the grades I got from previous school (left halfway through semester to the job I lost).
>>
>>17486723
>I'm too good for $8/hour
Wages were not adjusted for inflation, even though productivity went up.

The current minimum wage is abhorrent.
>>
>450k saved up
Are you fucking kidding me? You could get a decent job and live off that money for the next twenty years with ease if you don't spend extravagantly.
>>
>>17487090
What I have is something known more generally as a route-based business. It involves going to multiple places in city, collecting money, stocking merchandise, and doing a little of miscellaneous work before moving onto the next one. You normally visit each location about once a week.

The real advantage of this work is that it's mostly passive income. You stuff sells while you're not doing anything, you just do a little bit of work occasionally to keep things flowing. This means that you can make money with very little time invested on a weekly basis.

The main disadvantage is that they generally have very large up front costs to get it started. Of course, this isn't an issue for you because of that money you were smart with.

Hell, with that kind of money, you could cut out the most difficult part of getting it set up and just buy an existing route. For example, http://www.bizbuysell.com/Business-Opportunity/ATM-Business-20K-Cash-Flow-Very-Part-Time-Passive-No-employees-No/1276225/?d=/wEFRiUyZnZlbmRpbmctbWFjaGluZS1idXNpbmVzc2VzLWZvci1zYWxlJTJmJTNmcSUzZCUyZndFRkMyeHpjbDl5YkdKd2JqMHg=

There's one kind of route-based business. It's 11 ATM machines at various places in a metro area. With the money you have, you could buy three such routes, make almost $60,000 a year, work about 15 hours per week to do so, and still have half your money left over. That's enough for that land and house. You wanted to make more than $20 an hour? Eat your heart out.

Route-based businesses usually involve a machine or some sort to sell or dispense something people want, but that's not always the case. There are some that involve delivering merchandise like bread or chips to stores and you earn a commission fee for what they sell. It's still a route-based business because you hold the rights to sell those products in those locations.

The only problem with buying one instead of making one is that you can only buy what available for sale in your area right now.
>>
Ive looked at atm routes before...
They are risky, and are known for a lot of fraud (not as much as vending machines) but still lots of fraud.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.