[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

career advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1455398094753.gif (646KB, 512x481px) Image search: [Google]
1455398094753.gif
646KB, 512x481px
>21
>aspergers
>IQ 135
>did poorly in school
>sick of being underpaid and messed over by bosses, working in menial jobs
>>
>>17486007
You're fucked
>>
>>17486011
thanks for letting me know, I'l just drink a liter of bleach and save myself 40 years of trying to work it out
>>
>>17486007
If you're so smart then figure it out instead of asking random people on the internet.
>>
>>17486026
maybe you failed to notice which board you are on
it's /adv/, for asking advice

if you have none to give why are you posting
>>
these are 21 year old problems,
the most practical thing you can do right now is save money and once you have atleast a bit of a safety net you can find something better.
>>
>>17486045
I have saved my money, I'm sitting on maybe 13K and I'm ready to make a jump to something better

just not sure what
>>
>>17486058
Literally every job you qualify for.
>>
>>17486066
I want to find a job that's right for me, not just any job
>>
everyones fucked, just remember no matter how shit you feel, some cunt elsewheres got it way worse, suck it up and just fake it like every other dumb ass, because no matter where you look that building or company was built by someone no different than you
>>
>>17486130
with respect, that's not an answer to my question

if you believe that shit then fine, but don't expect me to
some jobs are suited for some people, some are not
that's hardly a matter of debate

I want to know how to find a job suited to me, and you say "suck it up"

go fuck yourself
>>
>>17486142
You're not special snowflake, retard.
No one will give a shit about what you say or think.
Accept the harsh truth: you won't get the job you want acting like an entitled mofo.
And since you did poorly at school is even worse.
Now take the king off your ass and start small, grow up in a career you like to do and maybe, just maybe, one day you can be a boss.
>>
>>17486142
>I want to find a job suited for me
>Give the most vague, menial, most likely untruthful description of yourself
>Why can no one suggest a job suited for me?

Dipshit
>>
>>17486151
>>17486152
>come to /adv/
>attack people asking simple questions
>>
>>17486168
>ask dumb questions
>get attacked

It really is that simple
>>
>>17486178
this isn't /b/ man

the rules are simple, be constructive or get out

I'm asking for careerr advice, saying
A. "stop whining"
B. "get any job"
C. "save money"
are all not only fail to answer my question, they are also unproductive
>>
>>17486168
>come to /adv/
>people gave me advices but I don't want that ones lol
>0 background about his experience
>"I want to know how to find a job suited to me"
Come on...
>>
>>17486259
fishes and loaves anon

if you ask for a car, people who tell you to buy a bike instead shouldn't be surprised if their input is less than welcome

and while it's fair I didn't provide much, I wasn't sure what was relevant
if I knew that, I probably wouldn't need to ask
I'm not trying to beg questions
>>
>>17486270
>Give me major life advice
>I'll tell you nothing about my life

Aspergers or not, you're IQ is 95 at best.
>>
>>17486270
Okay I'm done fucking with this dumb thread.

Based on your poor descriptions, you want a high paying, undemanding job with short hours.
Which means you want a fake, imaginary job.

The average person who earns more than $1 Millon/year works 100 hours per week.

You have 2 choices. Work as many jobs as you can as varied as you can until you find one you enjoy that pays a comfortable living wage and deal with it.
Or make an incredibly useful invention that you can patent and earn off of.
>>
>>17486007
I would try a bunch of different things. You said you didn't do well in school but there is always technical school. What do you enjoy doing in your free time? It might give you ideas for careers.

When I was in school they made us take a test on the computer saying what we'd like based on our interests. I'm sure there's an equivalent online somewhere.
>>
>>17486280
well I could have given a blow by blow discretion of the whole affair, but I thought it more prudent to give information on the basis of relevance

I play three instruments, chess, read a lot of political theory, ran a small business, work as a waiter/barman

as many people with aspergers, I have unbalanced english skills
my vocabulary goes so far beyond what is required and it is frequently a barrier to my communication with others
my handwriting is terrible
I separate important information easily, but was consistently punished in school for dramatic reductionist interpretations of texts and my inability to give exploitative responses
my spelling is awful because I see the english language as a linear stream of ideas and sounds, rather than letters and words

I have strong mechanical skills, I can take apart and re-assemble most mechanical devices, and many electrical ones (though my soldering is sub par)

like repetitive tasks
I see brain teasers as a collection of stupid questions and redundant information

I almost failed school, for a whole raft of reasons I really struggled, so naturally I'm concerned that I wouldn't do well in university without support

I can work with others, but am not naturally inclined to
my direct approach and lack of feelings make me often seem harsh or uncompromising

does that help any?
>>
>>17486327
I took a range of tests but the results were frequently anomalous, the result of aspergers I suspect

my ability was measured in the top %5 of students when I was about 13
Ironically they tested me to try and diagnose my poor performance in school

I took vocational testing, which was unambiguous
it said I have the skill set of an accountant, and the drive to be a leader
unfortunately I am emotionally unsuitable to leadership because I tend to oppress people, and I am unsuitable to accountant-ship due to my difficulties with numbers (kind of like dyslexia, hard to explain)

in my spare time I painted, studied music, built structures, worked metal, played chess, enjoyed trading games and simulated commerce, read psychology textbooks and architectural design

I just want to know what I would be good at
>>
>>17486336
Go to trade school to become an electrician or a mechanic of some kind. You blatantly say that's what you are good at, I wonder why you haven't thought of this yet.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.