[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend recently mentioned that she committed a felony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: prison-5.jpg (15KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
prison-5.jpg
15KB, 400x262px
My girlfriend recently mentioned that she committed a felony and that she can't talk about it for another 15 years. Does she have a felony for something stupid, or should I be worried?
>>
I'd assume she committed a felony but hasn't been charged. She has 15 years left on the statute of limitations.
>>
>>17485879
Shit, so I still have no way of knowing what it might be?
>>
I wouldn't ask, most people are trying to forget about these sorts of things and move on with life.

If it's a make or break for you, you should probably just get out now.

If you really must know without asking you can do a background check online and it will list if she has any reports/convictions.

she might be saying that because she hasn't been prosecuted yet and it's generally bad to leak a bunch of info out that may be used against you at some point by a beligerent bf at a later date.

alternatively she may be on probation right now.

I wouldn't mess with it dude,
that's pandoras box.

statutes on most felonies is 6 years in cali, only a couple super serious crimes have longer statutes.
>>
I am monitoring this thread
>>
>>17485966

We live in fucking Cali. God damn it

Is it okay to just ask? Is "were they violent crimes" a delicate enough way of asking?
>>
File: 1469081011601.jpg (77KB, 427x474px) Image search: [Google]
1469081011601.jpg
77KB, 427x474px
>>
>>17485984 (me)
so most forms of minor assault are clear after 3 years.
general rule is misdemeanors 1 year.
felonies punishable by 8 years in prison or less 3 years
felonies punishable by 8 or more 6 years.

dunno dude, I wouldn't ask your going to drive yourself insane trying to uncover some piece of information that is painful and embarrassing and you don't want to be responsible for knowing.

it's like when your partner tells you they were sexually assaulted as a kid, sure it's kinda relevant and painful, but no one really wants to know that shit, it just fucks with your mind until you snap years later.
>>
>>17485997

What if I wanted to marry this woman? I don't want her to suddenly snap on me.
>>
>>17486090
eh, the older I get the more I realize we are not meant to know everything about everyone, some stones are best left unturned.

well if it's a make or break for you, you should figure that out now or just move on.

if you want to marry this person, then that's what you want to do i suppose.
>>
>>17485984
See now we hit the route of your problem. Californians aren't human, they're Floridians with delusions of grandeur.

Get out while you still can.
>>
>>17486109
>root
Fuck everything.
>>
>>17485879
>I'd assume she committed a felony but hasn't been charged. She has 15 years left on the statute of limitations.
Either that, or her crime involves something that's classified, and the classification period ends in 15 years. Not terribly likely, but not impossible.
>>
>>17486109 (me)
this is all proof of the massive social stigma attached to criminal labels in the united states!

everything common sense anyone has told me about dating points to the fact that no one should ever reasonably date me.
>>
your girlfriend is a pathological liar
he didnt do shit or shes retarded
i will go with didnt do shit
>>
She Probably smoked marijuana once
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.