[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

U.S. military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8

Hey guys I'm 18 and in my senior year of highschool, I'm probably going to join the military, do you think this is a good idea? If so, what branch?

Here are my reasons.
I have little to no social skills, and I absolutely hate social interactions. Every night I go to sleep cringing about autistic things I've said and done in the past. I am however, in good physical shape. I need an escape from this monotony.

Life seems pointless. At least if I got up every day and trained, fought, etc I'd feel like my life has purpose.

My family and friends are extremely dissaproving of this decision, and they feel like I'm betraying them by putting myself in danger, which only makes being here worse.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>17485781
Do it and live off benefits like every other scum bag who comes out of the forces. Join the Marines basic infantry. Hopefully you won't get cut in half by a Taliban man with a pkm. Or if you want a leisure time and reap benefits airforce security services.
>>
The only thing that matters is if you are living in a country which could go to war. If you do, just forget about it and start training martial arts, working out, do yoga, meditate,... If there is no chance of your country going to war and you really want this, just do it. Hope this helps and please don't die in some stupid war for fat faggots running your country. Good luck and godspeed anon.
>>
>>17485781
if you are joining the military for reasons of patriotism just know that you will be used as an evil force around the world for jewish overlords.

if you are joining just to have a day based in habits, realize that you will have little control over those habits at all for some time. you are giving up your freedom for minimal results.

I wouldn't suit up simply because of the PTSD and suicide rate of active duty military or those who have seen action...especially knowing that the government gives zero shits once you are spent and your heads all fucked up/body is mutilated.
>>
>>17485781
OR YOU WANNA HAVE A LOT OF FUN AND DEFINITELY DIE airforce Para rescue
>>
>>17485781
The military is a fantastic opportunity. Butt it's what you make it. They'll pay for school so that's good.

As for what branch that is entirely up to you what do you want to do?
>I have little to no social skills, and I absolutely hate social interactions. Every night I go to sleep cringing about autistic things I've said and done in the past.
You'll gain more confidence.

>At least if I got up every day and trained, fought, etc I'd feel like my life has purpose.
If you want to see combat then the marines or army is for you. Infrantry is that standard combat arm but there are plenty more.

>My family and friends are extremely dissaproving of this decision, and they feel like I'm betraying them by putting myself in danger, which only makes being here worse.

They always are at first. You're 18 now though so nut up and stand up to them.
>>
>>17485797
Sorry, I'm autistic and didn't see U.S. Fuck that anon, if you do that, you're going to die somewhere in the trenches of some banana country. Do something else.
>>
>>17485794
Why marines though? I've been wanting to join the army because I've been told it's the only branch where you choose your "job", and I want to see If I have what it takes for SF. Also I'm not going to skate by with the bare minimum, I want to push myself. I feel passionate about this. I'm just worried that my passion will turn into regret, which is why I'm seeking /adv/. Do you really know anything about the marines or are you just another person who thinks they're the best for no specific reason?
>>
>>17485801
cuck for the government. lol so many other things can earn you confidence. go to college and get a job that pays way better than the military. still be somebodies bitch but at least you wont die. and your family is your best asset in life...why say fuck them just to go off and die? never understood the military meme.
>>
>>17485805
It's a lifestyle. It's not for everyone. If the kid wants to join then let him. Statistically he probably won't die anyways. If he's lucky He'll kill some alohasnackbars then go to college on your dime
>>
>>17485803
mfw your regret sets in sitting the desert in the middle east.
>>
>>17485803
I was in the Marines for armor battalion. Dropped out because there was literal retards in my fighting compartment. In order to be SF in Army and have ANY chance at a SOCOM postions you have to work your way up the ladder and then try out for Rangers green berets etc. I picked marines because the mortality rate is insane.
>>
>>17485805
The payment is good, considering they cover all housing/college/food expenses. You can have a hefty sum saved up by the time you get out, can't you?
>>
>>17485808
please join up, but do your research. learn who you are really fighting for.
>>
>>17485811
But SF candidate is an entry level position...
>>
>>17485815
>when you get out

MFW
>>
>>17485819
You'll wash out faster then baton rouge
>>
>>17485816
>muh politics

Literally no one cares achmed. Better the US military than Russia or China. At least when you get fucked up by us we have the common decency to drop some democracy bombs on some little Muhammad's forehead. Not like Isis who would rape you and shit
>>
>>17485802
I want to fight, I don't care about my governments agenda honestly. I know it sounds immature but I desperately need purpose in my mundane life. Sometimes I feel like it's either this or scuicide
>>
>>17485781
at 18 you are so naive, just realize you know nothing of the world. Don't sell your soul to your government, you don't owe them shit and they won't make you a king. Only you can do that.
>>
>>17485808
Thanks for the morale boost, anon.
>>
>>17485825
Well after you get done fighting and seeing your buddy'so head removed by shrapnel you'll wanna kill yourself anyway. Join Army infantry after awhile try for the socom postions
>>
>>17485826
Alright then suggest an alternative
>>
>>17485781
life seems pointless....

let's join the military!

lol

how is this still a meme
>>
>>17485829

literally anything else. but by all means, join up. WW3 is just around the corner. should be a good time for all.
>>
>>17485822
Alright then, but do I have to wait until my contract renews for a new position? How does it work?
>>
>>17485830
It's not a mee may. Army recruiters pray on this. Basically what my recruiter said to me. "NO IDEA WHAT TO DO IN LIFE JOIN UP, GET FREE SHIT, AND A BAYONET IN THE GUT"
>>
>>17485831
Literally anything else will leave me in the rut I'm in. Nothing about civilian life is remotely fun or interesting to me
>>
>>17485835
Kek. My recruiter didn't have to convince me. I wanted to get the fuck out of southern califorinia
>>
>>17485833
I'm pretty sure when your tour of duties expires you can apply for Ranger school or something of the like.
>>
>>17485830
This ain't a meme or a pasta
>>
Does anyone here have actual military experience? If so do you regret joining up and why/why not?
>>
>>17485842
i feel like google would be the most efficient route for this post.
>>
>>17485842
From what my friend told me. It was a waste of time. He stationed at a fire base in a 110 degree desert and did nothing. He said it felt like he wasted 4 years he could've spent having fun at college. I dropped out because my loader dropped an HE tank shell on the turret floor to grab a SABOT shell. I just couldn't handle the amount of stupid.
>>
>>17485848
Trust me I've been doing that. It's very hard to get straight answers, that's why I made a thread about it; looking for fresh opinions and conversion about it
>>
>>17485842
It depends where your stationed, what the people are like if you like your jobetc.
some have a decent experience and would do it again. Others just completey wasted their fucking time, got stuck doing some shitty job and blow their brains out even though they were POG faggots anyways
>>
>>17485858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8rbHwMXMT8
>>
>>17485850
I'm already living in 110 degree heat, and I'm positive I would not enjoy college. I did not enjoy any aspect of any previous school years, why would college be any different, especially when you're expected to have even MORE social skills? People hate me and I don't know why and I'm done with it
>>
>>17485867
If you want skills be a mechanic or join the army core of engineers
>>
>>17485867
As for people liking you. that's one thing you gotta do by yourself
>>
>>17485874
Okay I'll just flip my charming switch. Damn, why didn't I think of that before?
>>
>>17485865
Thanks for the contribution anon. That video was posted in 07, before ISIS... So most of his points are null
>>
>>17485878
thinking the army will make people like you?...
>>
>>17485885
hahahahahahahaha wow.

please join up and die.
>>
>>17485878
You're smart ass I'll give you that. your instructor is going to love you. If I were you I'd cut the shit stop wondering about it and just do it.
>>
>>17485887
Not at all, but it will help me get away from people.
>>
>>17485890
Ok
>>
>>17485890
>peace and loving tolerant liberal
>go die
>>
>>17485897
who says i'm a liberal?
>>
>>17485900
Your grammar sucks.
>>
>>17485900
No one. I'm just calling you a limp wristed faggot liberal because you're spouting off like one.
>>
File: received_1142656539106867.jpg (13KB, 233x350px) Image search: [Google]
received_1142656539106867.jpg
13KB, 233x350px
I like how fast this turned into a pol thread.....
>>
>>17485905
ouch, somebody is upset.
>>
>>17485907
Well yeah it's kind of impossible to discuss military without discussing politics as well...
>>
Alright listen, I will not read through the entire thread.
I served in the German Air Force for most of my life.

If you join the military make sure you get into an officer program, no idea if you can do that on just a HS diploma in the US.
>>
>>17485912
Not as upset as you're ganna be when "muh ebul military" bombs the fuck out of subhuman third world scum for israel
>>
>>17485916
you cant. this dude refuses to go to college.
>>
>>17485916
Nah, you need a college degree to enter as an officer. Thanks for the tip
>>
>>17485920
>>17485922
Whoa that's harsh? Do you need a masters or is a bachelor sufficient?
>>
>>17485918
haha i could care less who they bomb, just stating facts.
>>
>>17485916
The Luftwaffe is a lot easier...
>>
>>17485920
I can do online college for free while in the military. This seems like a good move especially since my parents will have to pay for my college and they really can't afford it. Also student debt seems like a bitch, social aspects aside.
>>
>>17485930
You being 18 they don't have to pay for anything
>>
>>17485928
I wouldn't necessarily say so, however due to our education system they don't require you to have an university degree to apply for the officer career path.

You only need 12/13 years of highschool - most people only do 10.
>>
>>17485924
Not sure, but it seems a little strange to me.

>I went to school for longer so I'm ranked above thousands of men who are infinitely more battle-hardened than me

I don't get why this is a thing
>>
>>17485931
They don't have to, but they will insist on at least helping out, and they're a huge fucking family on a tight budhet. I don't want to be that burden.
>>
>>17485933
Kids who don't want to go to school longer or aren't smart enough are in the trenches people who went to school longer send theme to their deaths
>>
>>17485937
you are going to be a huge emotional burden when they ship you off to fight that war you signed up for.
>>
>>17485937
Sorry about my multitude of typos, I'm tired and typing fast on this smurf keyboard
>>
>>17485925
Then fuck off with your anti freedom rhetoric. By 2020 the whole Middle East will be eating mcdonalds instead of terrorist lead and they'll have us to thank
>>
>>17485933
That's because being an officer has little to do with being battle-hardened..
>>
>>17485941
anti freedom...has no idea what freedom actually means. you are fucking brainwashed dude.

>I pledge allegiance to the flag....
>>
>>17485932
Most Germans don't want to be in uniform any way. I know the Bundeswehr are hurting for guysale. When I went to Berlin there was posters EVERY WHERE for the Bundeswehr
>>
>>17485939
I feel like that's the lesser of two evils. Also it helps me personally.

>finish college drowning in student debt and scrambling to find a job

OR

>save up my small salary while my food, housing, and college is paid for, if I manage to survive I get out with a nice money cushion and zero debt

Is this realistic or am I being a dumbass?
>>
>>17485947
Freedom is a concept invented by Anglo Saxon white men(who made the best countries btw) who have spread it across the planet with lots of guns. You cannot have freedom without first killing all the anti freedom scum who refuse to assilmate
>>
>>17485940
Why not try for ROTC
>>
>>17485943
>>17485938
Good points
>>
File: 0_original.jpg (243KB, 960x783px) Image search: [Google]
0_original.jpg
243KB, 960x783px
>>17485949
You're correct, however the standards for applicants (that they need to met) hasn't gone down by a lot.
Also I, personally, believe it to be a good thing that they advertise so much today.
>>
>>17485952
native americans knew nothing of freedom. nature knows nothing of freedom. freedom is invented, not observable in nature as we know it...wow people are this dumb!
>>
>>17485953
Is that available after high school? There is no room for new classes this year
>>
>>17485952
/pol is leaking again...
>>
>>17485953
>>17485957
I basically know nothing about ROTC, will Google it later
>>
>>17485952
sounds like his brain is leaking...
>>
>>17485956
Natives Americans didn't even have a written language. They were savages.
>>
>>17485955
I'm sorry Angela is ruining your country too
>>
>>17485967
>You cannot have freedom without first killing
>Native Americans were Savages

He's trolling right? the irony runs deep
>>
File: 4bf.png (181KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
4bf.png
181KB, 625x626px
>>17485967
>>
>>17485971
Native American were low iq savages who were to busy worshipping trees and genociding each other to even develop concepts such as land ownership, freedom or the fucking wheel. It wasn't until the white man came when he civilized them, outlawed slavery, and produced the most humane and tolerant societies of which many people from ALL over the world come to live in.

Enjoying typing this out? Yeah a white man made that happen. What about saying what the fuck you wanna say? 1sr amendment was made by a white dude. Freedom comes from a certain stock. It just doesn't "exist"
>>
>>17485986
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 748x767px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 748x767px
>>17485992
W/e you say Tyrone I'm out!!
>>
>>17485986
Correlation does not imply causation. Just because you live in the US doesn't mean you are free. White people didn't create freedom. Native American's were free in their own right, they didn't need us to redefine it for them. I got to go to bed now, have to get up and work so I can pay my bills and live my free life in the US.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 284x177px
Mods please prune....
>>
>>17485781
joining the army won't fix your problems

dont fall for the
"run away from your problems, join the army" line

you'l be stuck in very close proximity to a lot of people, having no social skills will be even worse

and more than that, you're throwing away your youth

you'd get sick of what you were doing in the army in two months, then be stuck for FOUR YEARS
have you ever done anything in your life for that long?
something 24/7?
> I need an escape from this monotony.
>so I'l lock myself into one of the most monotonous lifestyles out there

don't do it man
>>
>>17486003
This. Don't waste your youth op. Find something, anything else.
>>
>>17486003
>close proximity to people
Yes but the whole dynamic would be completely different. It's all about professionalism, how well you can complete physical and mental tasks, shit like that. Not the endless situations where you have to make conversation with people about things you couldn't care less about. Small talk is my enemy, and my failure at it makes me feel like shit inside on a daily basis.
>monotonous lifestyle

Maybe monotony was not my best choice of words. What I mean is life is very dull. There is nothing but school, work, and small talk. Even if I find a hobby that I enjoy (which would almost certainly be centered around fighting), I would still have to endure the dull, day in day out bullshit. I'd much rather be doing push ups and crawling in the mud than forcing conversation with people so as not to look like a silent autist.
>>
>>17486012
Army contracts are 3 years. I'd be done at 21...
>>
>>17486021
I'm not sure what they told you, but the army is dull on a whole new level

you don't get to have hobbies
little access to normal females
no personal space, can't have possessions

it's not full metal jacket, you don't spend all day doing exercises outside and fighting

and bullying is endemic in the army, get bullied and humiliated by your peers, superiors, and apon your return home by civvies

then you leave the army with no house, no connections in the world, no career

it's just a bad deal all round, that's why it's a draft system in so many countries
americans are just easily conned into it because of the obscene way the millitary gets to advertise

>>17486030
18-21 is a good part of your youth man
I traveled the world in that time, had three jobs, two girlfriends, learned a hell of a lot

I cant fathom what it would be like stepping into a pair of boots at 18, then coming out at 21 with only army experiances
>>
>>17486032
I have zero game with women so I really don't care about that, I wouldn't mind being alone for a while. Dating is a pain in the fucking ass. Also I've never been bullied, I don't think that will be a problem.

I see your point about the life experience, but doing some shit like traveling the world isn't an option for poorfags like me. Who the hell would I make connections with anyways? I honestly don't feel like I'd be missing out on much. Also apologies if I seem like I'm being a difficult snowflake, but for real man, this shit sucks and I need a way out
>>
>>17486041
My other option is to get a part time job and a roommate while spending 4 years at a college with literally no time for anything else. How much life experience could that possibly garner me?
>>
>>17486041
It's OK man, I kind of understand the struggle

the bottom line is that you can't be in the army forever, the army won't help you overcome your problems

you will have to leave the army at some point, and what will you have then?
family you havn't seen in years
no iea how the world world works
plenty of money, which you will watch slip through your fingers as you are unable to get a proper wage anywhere

joining the army is even worse than doing nothing, because doing nothing at least doesn't limit you

maybe study in a trades school
maybe just get a job in a good industry
maybe just work any old job, and find something to do in your free time
>>
>>17486051
I appreciate the good advice, and I can tell that you are genuinely trying to help me. I will seriously consider it, but I still have a lot of thinking to do. Good night all
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.