[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: I'm retarded.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
I'm retarded.gif
2MB, 240x180px
So I made a massive mistake. I mean massive.

I was supposed to start college in the Fall, and I thought that classes started in September. Being on vacation, I checked when classes started and basically forgot about it after I had dealt with all my business, checking emails every once in a while to make sure one of my classes weren't dropped or anything

Well tonight I visited the school's website and was greeted by "classes start August 22!" I knew instantly that I made a terrible mistake. I got September from when I was signing up for classes and the date that the class stated was in mm/dd/yy format. At the time was the only place on the site where the date that classes started was give. I read that fucking thing wrong. Either my brain saw a 09, or I saw 08 and thought it was September. It doesn't matter how. I filed it away in the back of my head, basically forgot about it, and carried on with my vacation.

I was hospitalized while I was on vacation (technically still am since I am set to go back home in September - i'm staying with my folks), and I am still recovering. I'm going to the doctor in a couple days, so I could have a serious issue. However, if I DIDN'T get sick, this problem would still exist. I'm stressed the fuck out

I feel so fucking terrible. Like a giant idiot. I'm stressed. Anxious. The whole deal. The only solution is contacting the school and explaining what happened, on top of figuring out a new plan. I was thinking, in order to get back on a tradition fall/winter semester and summer break, that I would have to take classes through the upcoming winter semester, then summer semester, then fall semester, and then the next winter semester. Meaning a full fucking year of classes. It's what I gotta do to make up for this.

Naturally I'm going to be under a lot more stress knowing that I have to fucking do college level shit all year for 52 weeks. Here's my question: how can I manage my stress and keep my self esteem from ramming into the ground?
>>
Do you not get breaks or something?
>>
>>17485630
There would be breaks (they are a bit long), but I would be unable to have a nice, relaxing summer break because I'd be taking classes in the summer. I'd only have the week long, or one day break that happen here and there.
>>
>>17485642
shit I meant they aren't* a bit long
>>
>>17485642
>>17485647
I'm not really quite sure why that's an issue anyway, do you not like what you're studying or something?
>>
>>17485658

Did you skip the entire post? The problem is that I misread the date of when my classes were supposed to start, and thought they started in September instead of August. I feel like a massive fucking inbred orangutan and have a massive amount of stress that will run my self esteem into the ground.

How the fuck can I get my mind from killing me?
>>
>>17485667
I've done 5 semesters in a row and I've never experienced any stress or a lack of self esteem, I honestly have no idea what you're freaking out about. If anything, I was glad I did a summer semester, because I'd have been bored if I hadn't.
>>
>>17485673
But have you ever misread the date of when your classes started, ruining all your plans you had? It makes me feel like shit knowing that I fucked up so hard.
>>
>>17485697
No, but I didn't get through a cull that they did of my program and had to repeat some classes. Shit happens, you move on
>>
>>17485623
Contact the school. Don't tell them the whole stupid story, just "Medical complications made me unable to begin the semester" with maybe a doctor or hospital note. Ask if it is possible/advisable to join the semester late. If not, they'll just say you should register for the spring semester. Worst case scenario: you're one term behind until you catch up by taking an extra class in some terms.
>>
>>17485704
Fuck I know to move on. But it will nag on me. My brain wont let me easily forget this fuckup for sure. I should be in class right now, but I'm not because I'm 500 miles away on vacation. All because I fucked up

It's hard. I'm mainly venting here. I should try to let go.
>>
So why can't you just go back after you get checked out by the doctor?
>>
>>17485710
wtf u have issues
ull miss a couple of days of introductory lectures
who fucking cares

check urself
>>
>>17485734
>>17485731

the problem is is that I am a good 1000 miles away from where i'm going to school cuz I was on vacation, and my plan to get back home was tied to my previous knowledge of when school started. So I'm going to have to "skip" this semester or else spend a lot of money getting a quick ride home.

im just stressed the problem can be fixed easily but i still feel like a fucking retard.
>>
Kek, what kind of college has mandatory classes, cant you take an exam at the end of the semester? not only that but if you return asap will you miss that many classes?
>>
>>17485859
I don't understand people who don't think going to classes is worth it. Why WOULDN'T you go to class?
>>
>>17485869
they are literally paying for the class and don't go...seems ignorant...good thing they are in college...oh wait...shit.
>>
>>17485869
Im all for going to class but if Im confident I can learn on my own time and just get a certification on my knowledge then whats the problem? Some people have full time jobs to pay for college and just dont have the time for class
>>
>>17485623

Speak to the college, explain the situation.

They'll be understanding, this won't be a unique case. Don't mention that you fucked up the dates of course, mention the reason for your lateness is because of the illness.

If it's your first year I wouldn't sweat it too much, it's everyone's first college experience so it'll likely be a slightly lighter workload for the first few months
>>
>>17485876
But I wasnt even discussing the value of classes, was trying to assess if OP would automaticaly fail if he missed a week of class(which is retarded because he is probably paying a good sum) or if he is just being dramatic. Also if its your first year you wont miss much first week, intro classes and make up for stuff you should know from hs
>>
>>17485895
>makes a post on an image board for advice...

of course he is being dramatic.
>>
>>17485903
Sure but if he automaticaly failed would be one thing, but if he stresses for missing the first week cant imagine him being able to make it when there is something actually worth stressing over
>>
>>17485923
OP didn't know the starting date for college, still thinks he is going to pass a class...you already failed the easiest part.
>>
>>17485623
>how can I manage my stress and keep my self esteem from ramming into the ground?

Aside from climbing a mountain one rock at a time?

Set breaks. Scheduled breaks in your day. An hour long that starts from x and ends at x EVERY day where you are not interrupted. You don't use this time to play games, you don't use this time to watch tv or party with bros. You just sit there, in the dark, relaxing, decompressing, letting the thoughts just run their course and going wherever your brain takes you until it's time to get back to work.

And acceptance. Fuckups can happen to even the most prepared people. Never be critical. Always be constructive. "all right, so that happened, what can I do to improve this situation?" and if you don't have an answer then buckle up until you figure one out.

And never be afraid to sleep on a problem. Your subconscious will work on it while you sleep.
>>
File: 1470979134739.jpg (7KB, 261x159px) Image search: [Google]
1470979134739.jpg
7KB, 261x159px
>>17485623
So wait. Firstly the classes start today so you havent even missed anything. But if im reading right:

You are on holiday and you cant get back until a month from now. Due to this, you will be missing the classes because you thought they were a month from now.

Is that right?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.