[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 20160807_004312.jpg (802KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160807_004312.jpg
802KB, 2560x1536px
>Be me, 22yo Amerifag
>Somehow 14k in student debt after only 1 1/2 semesters of college
>18 yo me was a stupid liberal arts asshole
>learned nothing of value
>no clue what to major in so I went to my job more than arbitrary classes
>now working as a $9/h wageslave at the local Walgreens
>Work counter most nights, customers love me, but no advancement options after 6 months
>student debt collectors calling on the reg for money I don't have
>kinda stresses me out
>btw single, average looks, living with parents for reasonable rent so I guess living ain't hard
>vidya/tg in spare time, few close friends but all busy with adulthood
>ENTP personality if that helps?
>pic of my cats unrelated
>>
Where's all the money you're earning going?
>>
>>17485528

$200/m rent
~$100/m sundries/groceries
$40/m (give or take $10) steam

For reference I get about 25 hours a week to trap me out of benefits
>>
>>17485552
So you're earning $900 a week, spending $340 a week, and you can't afford to pay off your debt? Where's the other $560 going then?
>>
>>17485571
>So you're earning $900 a week, spending $340 a week
Both should be a *month
>>
>>17485571
Your maths pretty far off, brah.

Get another job, OP. You lazy prick...
>>
>>17485525
Put the 560 towards the debt.
>>
>>17485579

Sage advice, what are my options excluding food service because of my two years food service experience in small-town new england.

Trying not to sound like a bitch, but I'm prolly just a bitch
>>
And as for paying down the debt I guess it'll make more sense in my mind to start paying into it once I have some idea of what to study.

As of yet, I haven't the slightest what my practical skills are due to meaningless young adult jobs, so I've never had something I was interested in persuing.

I guess the simple answer is that I want to make as much money for as little work, for money = freedom = happiness

But where do I start if/and when I can afford to?
>>
>>17485613
you said you had parents right? open up the door and ask them for some advice, they care about you, or are supposed to?
>>
>>17485613
You know you could have paid off that debt completely in the time you've been fucking around right? You could be debt free right now.

And where IS that $560 a month going?
>>
do you have any skills? any career interests?
>>
>>17485617

My parents are really nice, but simple people. Mostly advice is that I shouldn't have fucked up in school and now I have to work to pay that shit off before I can try again, but goddammit is it soul crushing working such simple jobs. I do what a machine does in other stores.
>>
>>17485618

Shit dog millennial stuff like drinking?

I have about 600 in the bank right now I think. Saving has been slow.
>>
>>17485655
>$600 saved up over 4 years
>saving has been slow
That's a huge underestimation. Get your shit together, ffs. You've fucked up so far, and the only person who has to live with it is you. At this rate, you're going to be 40 and still living with your parents.
>>
>>17485644
if that is the case then you need to hammer down and be a complete JEW with your money and pay those loans off as soon as possible. That'd be my plan. Everything you earn that doesn't go towards surviving goes to paying off the debt. If you can't do that, then at least move out and find a better job. Take a risk for fucks sake.
>>
>>17485625

My skills are procrastination, delegation, distraction, hollow apology, and eating shit from management without swinging.

I guess I like to travel and listen to strangers' stories. Avid podcast listener. Too bad there's no money in any of that
>>
>>17485679
my brother did that, listened to podcasts all day while he worked. He lived near Seattle area, and worked on roofs cleaning them, gutters and windows. Made better money than you are making now and got to listen to his fav shit all day. You get to be out on your own and shit.
>>
>>17485660

I also bought a 50cc last summer that I still use to/from work for around 600 if that makes the total a little less laughable. It props doesn't. Where do I buy the good rope, senpai?
>>
>>17485692

I hate to nay-say but much like the jew they say I should be, I'm not great with tools / the outdoors in general.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.