[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we put our dog down last Tuesday. She was around 10 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (44KB, 616x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 616x444px
So we put our dog down last Tuesday. She was around 10 years old, but was sick and was very quickly deteriorating in the last few weeks. It was pretty sudden as you can imagine considering how she was still fairly young.

Yesterday my family and I had a sort of last goodbye to her. Everyone was very emotional except me. I just didn't mind. It was honestly an inconvenience to me if anything.

I really loved the dog. She was very sweet and loyal. But her death hasn't affected me in any way at all. My mother even told me "Don't sound too excited" when I apathetically responded to the news that the dog would be put down the next day.

I don't understand my lack of feelings. Am I just going to grieve later or never? I'm an 18 year old male by the way.
>>
10 is not young for dog.Still think about our previous 2 family dogs every now and again. It's unfortunate, but at least you didn't prolong its suffering for your own selfishness.
>>
I never cried at funerals for friends or family, but all I have to do is think about my pets dying and can cry.

I dont know. The beatles say "its a fool who plays it cool"
>>
>>17485480
I'm sorry for your loss, but it sounds like you did the right thing.

What breed of dog, if I might ask? Whether ten years is "young" or "old" depends heavily on this: ten is young for, say, a Papillon, but it's quite old for a Saint Bernard.
>>
What you're going through isn't really strange, it has happened to me and to some of my acquaintances. Do not worry, you're not a sociopath or an edgelord.

I'm no psychologist and I don't think it's the best way to describe it, but it's some kind quick acceptance of events in order to avoid psychological stress. You logically understand what has happened and what it means, but the feeling of loss has not sinked in yet. It will come to you slowly, specially when facing things related to your dog, like chores and routines. I'm blowing it out of proportion but think of war veterans and PSTD: they fight a war, their friends die, they see horrible things but still fight nonetheless; but then they come home and anything related to war triggers heavy stress.

It happened to me with my grandmother's passing, I did not feel bad in the burial or the days after, but sometimes I forgot she was dead and went to her room to wake her up or put an extra plate in the table for her, and that's when you're going to feel sad.
>>
>>17485480

welcome to pets.

They are your best friend, and losing them seems terrible.

But, you move on pretty quick, you just do.

Only nutjobs get wrapped up in the death of a pet for more than 48 hours.

It's just the way humans are wired about animals.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.