[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I graduated from college in 2012, I had it all. Great gf,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: superbad.gif (411KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
superbad.gif
411KB, 500x281px
When I graduated from college in 2012, I had it all. Great gf, did art for a living, had just the right amount of responsibilities...

Around 2014, I found myself getting fewer art jobs. Gf left because we grew apart. I took a shitty dishwashing job.

Fast-forward to today, and I haven't improved much career-wise. Doing anything artistic makes me sick, and I haven't made anything since February.

What I'm asking is, how do I go to sleep tonight and wake up in 2012? I feel like I've completely lost my youth in these past four years. (I'm 27.) I've definitely lost my optimism.
>>
>>17485197
I know the same feel but with translation work. I just did a little bit of language learning/translation, once a week, just to get back into a non-depression mindset. Hasn't helped with the gf and stagnating career though
>>
Force yourself to do art again. Get some training in something that will get you a better job than fucking washing dishes, or at least apply to places. Get another girlfriend.
>>
>>17485216
I try. It hurts.

I'm also in the middle of moving and giving up drugs, which both suck.
>>
>>17485238
> I try. It hurts.

Tough titties. Do it until it stops hurting

> I'm also in the middle of moving and giving up drugs, which both suck.

Good, this is not the time for you to be doing drugs, cut that nonsense out
>>
can I see your art?
>>
>>17485261
I try.

I always defined myself as an art guy. If I don't have that, I don't even know who I'd be anymore.
>>
You know, OP

Sometimes we try and fail. You attempted your dream to do art, and it sounded like you achieved it, but that wasn't going to last forever.

You might have to bite the bullet and get a more stable and serious job. Or consider going back to school. Either way, you should do something that allows you to make your life more stable , then you'll be able to feel freer (including financially), and i bet the rest would follow. I bet you'd rediscover your love for art, and you'd be a happier, more motivated person to achieve more things. Maybe you'd feel more confident to go out and accomplish more and meet more cumdumpsters. Life has ups and downs.

I totally sympathise with you. I feel what you feel on a pretty regular basis. I long for the past, and think about the choices I made, even minor ones, and how I should have done things differently. If I could cry I would. But we are in situations that we have to make the best of. We're kind of obligated to do it, existentialists would say.

Keep your goals in mind, and keep doing positive things for yourself, be proud of yourself even for the little things you do that are good.

I do not know you, OP, but I am rooting for you.

Much Love, Anon, your brother in suffering.
>>
>>17485280
It's nice of you to take an interest, but I don't wanna give away my identity.
>>
>>17485346
you don't have an art blog that's not tied to your irl name? Like a tumblr, or fur affinity or something?

If I like your art I might want to commission you, nothing helps put an artist back on track like getting paid.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.