[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chance of long term recovery?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (19KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 300x200px
Got molested as a kid (male), this has led to a slew of insecurities, emotional imbalances, damaged mental stability, the whole 9 yards. I've been going to therapy on and off for about a year when I can afford it and I won't be able to afford meds for a while if it comes to that, I just want to know if there's any chance that I'll ever fully be in balance and in a healthy place mentally/emotionally, or is this something I have to learn to live with?
>>
>>17485154

we are a culmination of everything thats happened. were never 'cured'. we simply grow and develop. you can grow positively, but what you consider to be a cure is better known as simply 'forgetting' in the most literal sense.
>>
>>17485178
So that a no?
>>
>>17485179

you can be in a healthy place. as they say 'we've all been molested'.

think of it like being gay though. do you want to be one of those faggots hwo are defined by their homosexuality, or would you rather be some layered character and this is just some small inconsequential detail to discover by those who meet you
>>
>>17485183
Seeing as it affects so much of my every day life and my relationships, I doubt it can become a small inconsequential detail
>>
>>17485192

then you already decided not to be cured. so why ask us if its possible?
>>
>>17485209
Truthfully I don't know what you mean, I haven't decided anything but the truth I live with daily, and logically I doubt such a formative experience can be forgotten im just asking if I can get to a place where it doesn't control my reality and hoping there's someone that's been through it before that has advice
>>
>>17485222

you are contradicting yourself.

>i havent decided anything but hte truth i live daily

so you have decided. cuz you literally jsut said:
>I doubt it can become a small inconsequential detail

>i doubt... it can be forgotten

thast litearlly what i said. it wont ever be forgotten. but you can choose to not let it define you. you can choose not to let it be 'formative'. you can create a new formative point, wherin putting it behind you is the new formative experience.

decide now whether or not you want it to define you. act accordingly. explore who you are without it.

or just continue to live like this.
>>
If you let yourself be molested you're a little bitch op. Should have gotten good.
>>
>>17485228
Doubting something is exactly the opposite of having made up my mind about something but whatever thanks for the input I'll give it further thought
>>
My girlfriends been through what you have.
Both her and I don't really ever think about it, or ever really remember it unless it becomes topical (or she come across a trigger--she still has those and occasional panic attacks to be honest, but they're rare enough that it's never been a problem n the least).

It doesn't define her, it's just something bad that happened, that she got over.

She's long since come to terms with it, and has moved on from it, the way everyone else does with any other event--significant or not--that has happened in the past.
>>
>>17485241
It's hard to let go and move on, but I suppose you guys are right it's worth a shot anyway
>>
>>17485154
Stop listening to these idiots.

Become the man you want to be.

You can do it. You're not a faggot.
Use your anger as energy
What do you really want out of life?

Run after that with all you have.
>>
>>17485294
>use your anger as energy

β€œan action comitted in anger is an action doomed to failure.”
― Genghis Khan
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.