[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not like everyone else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: Lelouch.Lamperouge.full.1771511.jpg (319KB, 1063x592px) Image search: [Google]
Lelouch.Lamperouge.full.1771511.jpg
319KB, 1063x592px
First of all, this is not a "my life sucks" post. I'd like it to be a serious discussion about this topic.

Currently, I'm a very successful college senior. All my life, up until college, I was just a loser that didn't do anything and that nobody liked, mostly for unfair reasons. As such, my social skills never really developed as did other people's. However, when I got to college I wanted to change--and I did. As I said, I'm now very successful and even represent my University publicly.

However, despite all of my success, I have never felt that I am able to connect with people the way they tend to with each other. No matter what I did, or how hard I tried, I never really fit in with "normal" people.

My mentor last semester told me something along the lines of "People like you and I are different, and normal people just can't understand us, but you shouldn't let that hold you back." I would consider both of us intellectuals, which is why she became my mentor. And sadly, there are a scare few of us in my mostly rural area.

Ultimately, I'm not like other people. What I'd like some discussion on is whether or not I can ever "fit in" to 'normal" society, or if I should even want to--most people are idiots, honestly. Is there something fundamental just missing in some of us that disconnects us from society in this way?

Pic unrelated, just cool.
>>
Why do you think you have trouble connecting with people? Is it because you didn't get to practice social skills, or because you think others aren't as smart as you?
>>
Well, I do believe most people are not as smart as me, but thats just a rule of thumb, really. I try to treat people as equals, and I don't "talk down" to them or anything like that.

I'm not even convinced its my lack of social skills. I actually do fairly well in most social situations, as one of my strengths is learning quickly, and these past three years I have forced myself into social situations.

I feel that it is something intangible that I simply don't have, and that I can't explain. Something that just pulls people toward you, and makes them want to talk to you or build relationships. I'm curious if other people feel that way.
>>
>>17484989
In my experience the #1 thing that draws people to me is when I show an interest in them.
People fucking love talking about themselves. Ask them about themselves, and listen to their answers.
Are you actually interested in other people?
>>
Actually, I tend to only ever really ask people about themselves because so few people give a damn about any of my own interests--writing, video games, politics. Some people share, alot don't, but even those that do don't end up returning that interest.

As for if I'm genuinely interested,I think so. Those people that I have no interest in, I simply don't talk to. I genuinely want to be friends, or at least "cool" with almost any person I try to talk to.
>>
For someone so you smart you should know how to link a post.

You probably can't relate well to people. You don't live their emotions when they talk to you.
>>
>>17484973

you have a superiority complex, trust me you're normal.
>>
>>17485025
There are... lots of people who are interested in those things.
Anyway I think the best advice I can give you is this: forget about "normal" society. Focus on people as individuals and don't think of them as part of some group that you aren't in. "Normal" is a word that, IMO, shouldn't even be used to describe people because everyone is abnormal in SOME way. Just take it one person at a time.
>>
>>17485042
Those motherfuckers thinking they are not below me, fucking delusionals.
>>
>>17485034

Sorry if my 4chan skills are not up-to-par. I don't post much, and I wasn't overly concerned about it either. Not sure if this will work, but I assume it will. Tried actually clicking on your number and I got a connection error--4 times.

I can agree with your point though, I'm not nearly as emotional as other people are--even within my friend group.
>>
File: 1461332085020s.jpg (4KB, 117x125px) Image search: [Google]
1461332085020s.jpg
4KB, 117x125px
>>17484973
>"People like you and I are different, and normal people just can't understand us, but you shouldn't let that hold you back."

Get off the high horse you faggot. If you're that smart then why haven't you found the cure for cancer? Yeah not that smart after all aren't you?

Gtfo snowflake. You're not normal, you're fucking autistic.
>>
>>17485046

Yes, there are. Unfortunately, there are not many in my area, and I'm already associated with many who are.

>>17485050
I assume you are trolling, but I implied that nowhere in my posts.

>>17485042
I actively strive to be better, and I know what I am good at and what I am not good at. I wouldn't call it a superiority complex, because I can actively justify that claim. Look around and tell me that most people are not lacking for intelligence. But I'm not here to boast or prove a point, that is simply my viewpoint.
>>
Believe it or not, everyone has a pretty unique "genius." They have a unique vision in the world no one else can have. If you rule of thumb people are stupid then you're just an asshole. Rule of thumb is people have average intelligence.
>>
>>17485061

I should not feed the troll, but I will. Well, first of all, not everyone has to a chemist or biologist to be smart. Being smart does not inherently make me good at those things, nor did I ever claim to be "that smart". There are many people more intelligent than myself.
>>
>>17485066

go watch deathnote.
>>
So yeah I feel like I can emphasize in a small way here, and I accept that I will probably be alone in life. As of right now im best guess would be Asperger, but I'm not going to self diagnosis like an idiot.
>>
File: 1461450297804s.jpg (5KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1461450297804s.jpg
5KB, 125x125px
>>17485075
>Being smart does not inherently make me good at those things, nor did I ever claim to be "that smart". There are many people more intelligent than myself.

Go read your own post, faggot.
>>
The only way I've managed to connect to people is via medication. It's flattened my personality a bit, but I'll take that over being completely unable to form relationships from my anxiety and obsessive thoughts.
>>
>>17485076

I've watched the entirety of the series once several years ago, and have watched the "movie" abridgment several times since. I assume you are trying to compare me to Light. I'm not that judgmental. Light killed people for jaywalking, I'm sure.
>>
File: 2014-10-03-blogbellcurve.png (11KB, 800x428px) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-03-blogbellcurve.png
11KB, 800x428px
>>17485082

Please look at the attached image. I consider myself more intelligent that "most people".
>>
In any event, this faggot is off to bed, and I doubt this thread will survive the night, so I appreciate those of you that gave constructive comments.
>>
File: 1435003286764.png (329KB, 400x468px) Image search: [Google]
1435003286764.png
329KB, 400x468px
>>17484973
maybe you try to hard.
maybe you idealize the connections other people have
they could feel the same as you just give the connections more impotance(thus overacting) than you
so your diffrence is how much you value not how much you feel
now (if you agree with the previous) its a matter of how much more value would you like to give

pic unrelated,just retard.
>>
>>17484973
I feel like you are living in your head, looking through your eyes like windows, not realising you are your eyes, your fingers, smile, legs.

if you are living in your head? be mindfull.
but yourself (your energy) in your body, not your head, its more dangerous you will get hurt more. but you can get close to people
Id try
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.