[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was away from my girlfriend for 4 months (the longest we've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I was away from my girlfriend for 4 months (the longest we've been away from each other) and we had a misunderstanding that made me think our relationship was over. It's too convoluted now, but I grieved our relationship for a night and stayed up for 30 hours because of how stressed I was, then she told me it was just a misunderstanding.

I saw her yesterday for the first time in 4 months and it felt a little awkward. I didn't feel the spark or chemistry like I had felt it before.
I think that even though I know our relationship isn't over, the shock of thinking it was has left an impression.
How can I get back into a relationship when I already grieved for it?

Has anyone been through anything like this?
Will I go back to loving her as much as I did? Will this weird distant feeling last??
>>
>>17484825
Btw I'd like to mention that we were away because she had work across the country for a month and the whole thing where I thought our relationship was over was about a week ago.

To explain more she said she wanted an open relationship so I thought she didn't love me and wanted other dick. She told me she just thought it was a way to make our sorta long distance (~3 hour car ride) relationship easier. She said if I didn't want it (I don't) she wouldn't do it. She said it doesn't mean she loves me any less. I want to believe her but it's so hard. I want to know that she loves me as much as I do her, but her asking for an open relationship shocked me. Idk how to understand where she was coming from.
I'm staying with her for a week and leaving tomorrow so I guess I can see how I feel, but if this persists I'll have to break up with her and I don't want to do that :((((((((
I want to stay in this relationship but also I don't
>>
>>17484825
>she wanted an open relationship
come on OP her damage control after you flipped out is shit. I don't believe it. How in hell does fucking other people help your relationship?
>>
>>17484825
its over OP. accept it and move on
>>
>>17484825
>grieved for a night

If you can disconnect in one night, there wasn't much there.
>>
>>17484825
she met another guy when she was there. is she going back?
>>
>>17484886
ikr. I can't wrap my head around it.

>>17484904
:( nooooooooooooo

>>17484908
Well that's cuz the next morning she texted me and explained herself
>>
>>17484913
it's bullshit OP. No one in a committed relationship, even with a 4 month separation, just decides it would be best for both of you to have an OPEN relationship and upon return everything just hunky dory. Some things you just cannot put back in its package after its open. You know like hey babe I love you an all but I want to fuck other men or hey how about we bring another guy in and both you fuck me or I love having sex with you because my ex bf's dick was so big it hurt me.

Did she even try to be sweet to you and explain herself upon her return?
>>
OP I've been in this situation before. Don't build something with broken pieces. It sucks. You think it can go back to normal but you need to destroy it completely to start anew. OP I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 and a half years and she also wanted to have an open relationship. I never found out the reason for it and neither will you because she will say just to make new friends. She's your other half I know, but what was their was torn apart and now you're just using old self to build onto the current self.

Leave OP and never go back like I did. I am happy and I can ASSURE you that your life will be better.
>>
>>17484825
>we had a misunderstanding
wow that's funny. so you are taking some of the responsibility? Doesn't sound like it to me. Sounds like she blew your relationship up on her own.
>>
>>17484949
I'm trying to trust her when she says it was just and idea to take pressure off the relationship. I want to believe her, but it's hard.
We're gonna get together and have some drinks and we'll see what happens.
>>
>>17485511
don't be a cuck op, listen to all the one sided advice that is being presented.
>>
>>17485540
U gotta understand how it feels to be in love. Even if every person in the world screamed at me to break up with her I still wouldn't want to. I know it's unreasonable but I can't just end it that easily. No way.
i do appreciate ur advice and I know y'all are trying to help me. But after being 100% invested in this relationship for nearly a year it's hard to break it off without a fight. I'm still holding onto hope and I won't let go of that hope until I know I need to end it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.