[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being Assertive and Outgoing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 640x480px
Backstory: when I was a kid I used to be quite outgoing, I always tried to make people laugh, would always have plenty of things to say, and was often pegged as a kid with lots of energy and charisma. When I got into my teen years, i began to mellow out, and began to become self-concious about what i said and did, in fear that what was fine as a kid, was now going to be seen as obnoxious and tryhard. In situations where I would meet new people, i would try not to be confrontational, and have try to have a "just passing through" attitude where ever i went. I did have a good deal of healthy friendships, and could always act myself when hanging out, but to strangers, I made an effort to be as unassuming as possible, in fear of being annoying or unlikable. So, last year i went to university, and luckily had two close friends attend with me, so i was not alone all the time or anything, but struggled to create surface level and deep relationships with new people. I am going back soon, and I want to be able to be outgoing and assertive, without being obnoxious.
>>
>>17484600
(OP continued)
This summer I worked at a restaurant, and worked with a group of people who were generally open, and would always spark banter and joke around, but I struggled to be able to carry this small talk and joking around in anyway that i could with my close friends, and carried myself in a way, that my coworkers, and the guest i served would seem noticably uncomfortable at my sullen and closed off behavior.
>>
When hanging out with friends, or even just outside of work, most of the attention is between the people. Doesnt help when 2 quiet people hang out together lol But we also respect are down times, listen to music or w/e.
>>
>>17485204

fuck post cut off....

>When at work you have something else to focus on
>Fucking around with coworkers just gets us through the day
>Hanging out with friends attention is on each other
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.