[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend doesn't know when to stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: LpjCs9C.jpg (39KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
LpjCs9C.jpg
39KB, 720x718px
>out with girlfriend
>she jokingly insults me (ex: I jump a bit because a german shepherd barked unexpectedly near me, she calls me a pussy jokingly, I can't solve a rubik's cube so she jokes I'm a failure)
>we laugh
>20 seconds later she makes the same joke
>I laugh a little to be polite
>she
>keeps
>making it
>like saying it 30 times in the period of an hour
>each time I'm obviously getting progressively more annoyed at it, she even notices it but keeps going on
>eventually just tell her to stop
>she pouts a little and asks why I was annoyed by a joke, tells me she feels like she can't be herself around me

>girlfriend wants me to do something (ex: start exercising more (though I go to the gym 4 days a week) and eating cleaner (have a love of burger king), to start doing something else that doesn't really involve her)
>she asks me to
>I say "I'll think about it" or "alright I'll try"
>she asks me again 10 mins later
>and again
>and again
>and again
>like 20+ times
>Until I tell her to stop
>Then she pouts and asks why I'm censoring her opinions

How do I confront my girlfriend on this? She doesn't seem to understand that it's not appropriate to bug someone on and on about the same thing/joke. Even when it's clear and obvious that I'm getting annoyed she recognizes it but doesn't stop or tone it down in any way.
>>
"It's not the [joke/question] that's the problem, but you don't always know when to stop."

Sure, she might flip her shit, but someone needs to give it to her straight.
>>
>>17483076
By telling her it. Are you fucking reatrded?
>>
>>17483076
she's breaking you one barb at a time. She will not change, ever and once she has your balls she will lose respect for you and fuck some other guy. Women know they can do this because you are addicted to the pussy. Grab your balls and leave the bitch.
>>
>>17483076
You two clearly don't mesh well together. Don't be pathetic and stay because she's the only person who will give you attention. Leave already before you pay a bigger price by being with her.

Additionally, it's clear she's both retarded,many wants you to change as a person.
>>
>>17483090
Thisthisthis
Nicest way to word it, if she gets upset then say you feel like you can't bring up something up that bothers you without her being offended.
>>
>>17483076

You need to get off the defensive OP and go on the offensive, i don't mean get anger or annoyed just come at her in a witty funny mocking kind of way. Joke with her in a sister kind of way.

Like when she laughed at you about the dog you could say, " You know, that's the same reaction i make when i see you in the morning. "
or when she makes fun of you not being able to solve the rubiks you can say, " I'm not a pizza faced einstien like yourself. " .

Sometimes you want to flat out ignore her. She will throw more darts man, but realize she's not going to stop because she knows it gets an reaction or attention from you.
>>
>>17483128
this never ever works

tried it for years until I learned to actually set boundaries
when you set boundaries the most important thing is that the other person sees you are serious and never buckle in
make sure she understands your point of view and that its serious criticism

terrible advice dude you will only get stuck in a vicious cycle
>>
File: 1461171896542.jpg (41KB, 572x491px) Image search: [Google]
1461171896542.jpg
41KB, 572x491px
>>17483128
wtf is this cuck bullshit
kys
>>
>>17483076

>My girlfriend calls me a pussy
>I laugh at her "joke"

It's kind of a shitty thing for her to do, but she's not joking, she's testing you. She calls you a pussy, and you just laugh like it's a joke. That pretty much proves her point, doesn't it? She said it over and over again, and you STILL wouldn't stand up for yourself.

When you finally did, you still didn't try to argue or prove her wrong. You just said "stop saying that." You're still being a total pussy.
>>
>>17483219
This OP. You are a fucking pussy

Break up with your gf nobody wants to be with a doormat
>>
>>17483223
thirded

never be a pussy op
>>
>>17483128
Dont do this. Revenge is a dish best served cold. You will seem irritable, and irrational. Exploit the optics. Command the situation.
OP express faint contempt when speaking to her peppered with caustic remarks when she doesn't expect it like she did to you. When you rile her enough, she will lash out and will inquire on why you treat her like shit. State you were jesting which I can assure she will inform you the comments were unneccesary, unfunny, ect. Seize this opportunity to explain she delivers those lines you outlined so you thought it wouldnt bother her.
If she tries to blame you, inquire whether she meant to wound you. Present that double edged sword and set that boundary.
Rinse and repeat with possibly some variation if she starts to cycle to fully grasp the situation or test you.
At all times, never play the victim while she confronts you. You still love her. Keep an open mind and play with what Ive said.
Command the situation.
If you don't assume a dominant role in your relationship then disregard my advice. You won't pull it off.
>>
>>17483090
this or

just sarcastically be like "fuck youuu" when she makes this insult jokes instead of fake laughing. she's more likely to stop
>>
>>17483962
does this ever work? people rarely respond to the but you are doing the same, you see?

they usually don't give a shit, and never see the irony
>>
Beat the fuck out if this annoying cunt
>>
>>17483076
>OP if you can hit that as hard as you can, take out all your frustration on that ass. Then the next morning end it. But you are a pussy, tho.
>>
>>17484042
omg what is this cuck shit. Cucked by a dog.
>>
>>17484321
First off, most do. A woman that doesnt would not receive anything from me. You have to escalate a little if she doesn't react after sustaining.

Second, if someone breeches a treaty why should you continue to honor it? When someone hits you, would you not hit them in return and escalate it into a full fledged brawl or would you submit to them pummeling you because you deem it hypocritical? Learn to push back.

While I understand the mindset of the meek, I prefer an exaggerated self-preserveration drive. The meek one assumes others will act nobly as one would.

I'll try to advise you in the traditional "mentally-fit" role. You can tackle this issue in different forms. You can combine them if you like or even reject them all.

Has she behaved this way before? In law (Im not a law student, I dont practice law), your previous actions dictate precedent in rights which corresponds to estoppel, the legal term for this. I think it partially applies here. If you permitted her to slight you then you will have to break that conditioning. Essentially, you granted her a hallpass to lob mini-attacks at you. Familiarize yourself with this concept as it applies to your whole life.

If she doesn't respond to that sort of treatment then we know who tops, and who bottoms. nudge nudge. wink wink. In the case she doesnt perceive the slight, I would presume she sets the tempo in the relationship. You're offended but she is not. A "mentally-fit" person takes charge and radiates confidence.

You have to adapt to circumstances. Learn to negotiate with her either through banter, through discussion or punishment (shove her down a flight a stairs :^)) No but really If you cant negotiate, then you probably classify as diffident.

You will have to decide in the end.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.