[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i meditate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG-20160820-WA0004.jpg (45KB, 634x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160820-WA0004.jpg
45KB, 634x636px
Should i meditate?
>>
>>17482700
Why shouldn't you at least try it out? You're obviously curious.
>>
>>17482700
Why don't you just think about it for a while?
>>
>>17482713
But how can i meditate?
>>
>>17482720
By... meditating?

There are tons of different ways and techniques to meditate. Best is to start out easy and do some breathing exercises. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff on Google to get you started.

On a side note, if you want life-altering experiences though and not just a clear mind, I honestly suggest you try out magic shrooms or even LSD instead.
>>
>>17482720
There are numerous ways to do it, but the most common and straightforward one is to just close your eyes, empty your head, sit in a lotus position, exhale and inhale deeply and focus only on your breath and nothing else.
>>
>>17482726
Hell no man im not in chemicals
>>
>>17482739
But isnt it difficult just focusing on your breath
>>
>>17482753
If you're really stressed out then maybe, but that's the whole point. It completely clears your head and allows you to cool off a bit since your brain isn't really being used. It's kinda the same thing as sleeping, except you're fully awake.
>>
>>17482739
>sit in a lotus position
This is not the most common nor straightforward.
>>
File: 15511005272011012732.jpg (26KB, 234x350px) Image search: [Google]
15511005272011012732.jpg
26KB, 234x350px
>>17482758
This is what it looks like if you're unfamiliar with yoga. If you don't wanna sit like this then just sit into whatever position feels most comfortable to you.
>>
>>17482749
Aight man, just a suggestions. Meditation is great for getting some form of mental ease, but I've yet to experience true enlightenment.

>>17482753
It takes some practice yeah, but the whole point is to clear your head of any intrusive thoughts by continually redirecting your focus to your breath whenever they pop up.
>>
>>17482726

Not OP but this has never worked for me because my brain is always playing music and movies and the attempted meditation just makes my life more boring than it is instead of making all the internal stuff go away.

I want to be open-minded here but I can't meditate.
>>
>>17482763
have you tried putting on some white noise?
>>
>>17482763
If you can't clear your head then try focusing really hard on one thing, for example white noise like what this anon posted >>17482765
>>
>>17482765

Yes, actually. Just made the movies and music in my head louder
>>
>>17482765
>>17482770

Well I didn't know I had to focus on the white noise instead of hoping it would drown out my thoughts. I will try listening to it or whatever...might be kind of peaceful, like watching a campfire.
>>
>>17482771
maybe you need a mantra to say, or some repetitive noise in the room to focus on instead of a constant white noise. maybe a clock ticking or something. that can be kind of hypnotic and conducive to relaxed states. some people use drumming for this as well. keeps their hands and their ears occupied so the rest of their brain can relax.

maybe instead of doing proper meditation you need to just focus on finding what quiets the noise in your head. then when you find that, try to incorporate it into your meditation.
>>
>>17482775
The idea is to push out the stressful thoughts away from your head by replacing it with absolute nothingness, by either clearing your head or focusing on something really hard. That will clear off a lot of stress from your brain and it will make you feel good, it will allow you to focus better on work because there's less stress on your brain and a couple of other benefits.
>>
>>17482775
>like watching a campfire
that reminds me, one technique I used to use for getting into a relaxed/meditative state was to turn down the lights, light a candle, and just watch it quietly for a while. hell, that could be your whole meditation.

everybody has noise in their head though. part of meditation is practising turning away from them. your brain will create stimuli if it feels like it doesn't have enough. this is why people hallucinate in sensory deprivation chambers. but by continuing to pay attention to that you only feed it. by gently steering your attention away from it - even if you can't get it to go away - you should eventually be able to get it to go away or at least be less prominent and easy to ignore. takes practice like anything else.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.