[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1364024270_toast.jpg (433KB, 999x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1364024270_toast.jpg
433KB, 999x1000px
How do normal people deal with personal slights? Legit question, I know I have mental health issues but I'm starting to wonder whether I have BPD or am slightly autistic or something.

The reason I'm asking is I rarely react when someone says something rude or insulting to me (usually unintentional/not meant to be hurtful) and tend to internalise it and sort of keep count of the amount of times people hurt me. The reason I don't bring it up, I think, is I want to avoid seeming overdramatic or bitchy and feel like I should just let things slide. But then by not bringing them up everything just kind of bottles up and then I let my anger and hurt at people out at weird times. Then I tend to only think about my side of the narrative and I feel like they should be able to understand why I'm upset even if to the other party it's completely confusing and they'd have to be some kind of magic mind-reading abilities. Another thing I do when I'm upset is just blatantly ignore the other person and I find it really difficult to talk.
I also tend to switch from loving someone to feeling like I hate them, but this is generally only over text conversations, in person it's not really an issue, but over text I tend to overthink and can't rationalise things as well.

So I'm sure there are some normal people on here who deal with stuff like this in a non-crazy way, can you tell me how? I'd like to deal with my problems in a more healthy and constructive way because it's fucking up my personal relationships.
>>
b
>>
Annon you are not crazy!That's just how people act.We all can't always think from the other's person perseptive and in reality it's very hard and it takes time in some cases.Also if someone says or does something that offends you in any way try to politely tell at the time in order to avoid keeping everything inside and later on exploding.If not at the time a little later on,communication is very important.Texts btw are not very personal that's a plaussible reason why you feel weird when texting someone so just try to call them or something and you should be fine I guess.But always remember that in reality there are no normal people,everyone thinks that they are fucke up in some way and has weird thoughs.
>>
>>17482986
Thank you! This was good to hear
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.