[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Covering one eye makes the vision in the other turn almost completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1471759144976-480502335.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1471759144976-480502335.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I'm gonna need some input on this one, wont be visiting an eye doc any time soon, unfortunately.

Does anyone know why does my vision in one eye go almost entirely black if I cover the other one? I noticed this a month ago, and it's freaking me out because I never had this problem before.

Also, my vision just keeps getting blurrier, my eyes are strained and tired all the time, I'm getting my first glasses next week. I'm 20 yo.
>>
>>17482179
>I'm getting my first glasses next week
By this, do you mean you've already had your eyes checked and you're waiting for your glasses to be made, or do you mean that you're getting your eyes checked next week?
>>
Dude I have no idea what's going on but I really hope everything is alright.

BUT if it doesn't, you could wear two eyepatches and be the best at parties.
>>
What you are describing relates more to a condition like Amblyopia or lazy eye, where you have a weaker and stronger eye. The weaker eye looks the same but does not work as well as the stronger one and begins to deteriorate. This is a disorder that affects people early in life, but can develop later. If not treated properly and promptly it can progress to blindness.

Either way, this is speculative without a full exam. Get thee to a fucking doctor if you enjoy seeing things in that eye.
>>
>>17482183
Had the exam, glasses should be ready next week.

>>17482186
Thanks, appreciate.

>>17482214
I've been to the eye doctor before, but she said that I could wear glasses, but it wasn't necessary also. That time the doc checked my eyes, I had 0.25 and 0.50. Also, no trouble seeing when either one was covered, that was couple of months ago.

But as my eyes were gradually becoming more tired as time passed, I said fuck it time to get glasses. It wasn't a doc this time, but an optician, measured my eyes and stuff and well, she said my eyed were 0.50 and 0.75 now. How the fuck did it drop so fast in like a couple of months..

Also mentioned something about my eye pressure being at the border level...
>>
>>17482303

Just because you are now seeing the symptoms and were cleared on your last exam doesn't mean that everything is all good. The Amblyopia is a stretch at best, and probably the most hopeful idea. It could really be anything from a simple eye condition to brain cancer. That's why you should really go back to a doctor.

Eye pressure that is high without other signs of glaucoma could be ocular hypertension. This would play into the theory of Amblyopia, as your eyes are stressed either by one working hard or the other one not working hard enough. Again, these are broad assumptions.

I'm sure there are things you can do without in your life. Is your sight one of them? If not, go to a doctor. It will cost money and time, sure, but how much is it going to cost you to not be able to see?
>>
>>17482400
Well I just wanted to point out my sight going dropping another 0.25 for each eye in a couple of months. Of course I will go to the eye doc first thing next week, I just wanted to point out the eye worsening.
>>
as a child, i used to put pressure on one eye and the other would go black

i always assumed it was some childish thing

cant relate b0ss
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.