[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't make friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: O940Q6y.png (337KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
O940Q6y.png
337KB, 450x450px
Hi /adv/. I'm a sophmore in college, and I'm having some trouble making friends. I've made so many attempts to make friends in college, but it hasn't worked at all. People tolerate me, or straight up don't like me. They don't want to hang out with me, and look at me like I've got 3 heads when I try to strike a conversation. I have also noticed that when i do go out with my 1 friend I do have people always look at him and barely look at me, I have to fight for eye contact.

I'm pretty average in looks, nothing grotesque so that can't be it. I don't know what it is about me that turns people off.

What am I doing wrong? Should I just accept people don't like me and give up?
>>
What's your personality like?
>>
>>17482125
I can be quiet at times, sometimes goofy/awkward. But I can hold a conversation, so it's not like I make things just unbearably awkward. I'm not really funny, and that works against me.
>>
It's kind of hard to answer since this is 4chan and we don't really know what you're like in real life.

Is it possible that you just don't have a friendly appearance? Maybe you frown a lot or have a slumped over posture, like you don't want to be bothered?

Or maybe you're intimidating looking? Like are you a 6'7", 250 pound guy?
>>
Yeah it's hard to say anything about this situation without knowing at least what you look like. It's always easier to make friends when you have to do activities with each other, btw.
>>
>>17482132
That is possible. Ive been told before I have a mad/sad looking resting face, and I know that can turn people away. However I work to make sure I look atleast somewhat open to conversation, smile plenty and being positive in general. Most people give me a "why is this guy talking to me" look when I speak to them irregardless.
>>
>>17482145
I don't think most people enjoy being talked to randomly, if that's what you do.
>>
>>17482173
Not out of the blue, more like I'm at a event or something and I'm sitting beside the person. I try to only talk to people when it feels natural/okay to do so
>>
>>17482177
Describe one such occasion.
>>
>>17482119
You're hunting in the wrong forest. Start by considering what sort of person you are, what you are interested in, what you know a lot about, what you like to do. There are - there have to be - people who match you in one or more (not necessarily all) those points. Where do they hang out? Hang out and look for friends there.

Instead of meeting people at random and hoping you'll find some point of contact with them, start with people you already have things in common with and hope you'll become friends.
>>
You should consider the possibility that you are in fact afraid of people around you and it shows that's why they don't approach you because when that happens it's turning people off.Also you might give off the impression that you don't really wanna talk to them and that you are feeling uncomfartoble.If someone who doesn't really know sees this kinda picture they will most certainly believe that you don't like them as a person.It's very important to think about the way people perceive us.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.