[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have started walking through forests at night time. How dangerous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: alone in the forest.jpg (537KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
alone in the forest.jpg
537KB, 2560x1440px
I dont know why I started doing this. But I just hated my life and how afraid I was of everything, I also have borderline schizophrenic paranoia and traits. All alone, no friends etc, abusive past. I just couldn't handle life anymore, I was cycling through crying, laughing, being said, being really happy every hour. My mind was a rollercoster. My identity did not exist because every hour I would re-define who I was and forget who I had been before.

Anyways, to deal with all this shit, I somehow decided that I would start walking through forests at 4 a.m it sounded like it was a good idea (areas which have paths of course).

I have been doing this for a month now. I feel afraid as fuck when I am out there all alone, but I feel good when the light comes back. Sometimes I fantasize a lonely pretty girl would show and suddenly accompany me, some girl who is just like me in a way, someone who understands me.

Problem is that very recently, two extremely weird events took place. First a guy in a black hoodie showed up from no where, he kept walking in front of me and then looking back, then he would look afraid and walk forward alittle faster. He did this for a while and then disappeared. He looked mortified, but this happened after Dawn, during the dark hours I probably would not have noticed him, either that or maybe I would have hurt him out of fear.

Then, the other day out of no where, a gust of mist appeared. The fucking ball of mist would go into the forest, then come back and be on my path again. As soon as the light appeared, the ball of mist was gone. I honestly felt like the ball of mist was a being from another dimension. Could it just be fog? but why would fog just isolate itself into a ball.
>>
Anyways, what I want to know is what I am doing dangerous? could I get into trouble? or will this type of shit eventually help me overcome my fears / possibly improve my awareness of my environment (aka get my head out of my ass). The first hour or so is extremely painful on my senses because I feel really really fucking afraid. But we come into this world alone and afraid no? maybe if I start appreciating the dark I would start appreciating my existence.
>>
I have no idea where to start with this. First, let me correct any misunderstandings you may have with your apparent existential crisis. Throwing yourself headfirst into a potentially dangerous situation will not lead you to discovering shit.

You claim to have borderline schizophrenic symptoms. Have you been professionally diagnosed? If so, seek treatment. Walking into a forest in the dead of night is a fool's gamble, except the only prize you get is getting fucked up.
>>
Also, you seem like you're desperately reaching out for some form of validation or help. Seek counseling.

You seriously claim to have done this for a month? Bro, what are you going to do if you get attacked by an animal or a random stranger? There are much safer options of exploring your identity. Take up a hobby or try improve your overall fitness. As I mentioned, I would start with the professional counseling. If you have legitimately started to experience insane levels of paranoia, get some help.

You are not alone in dealing with these feelings. The support you need is there... there's nothing waiting for you in the middle of the forest.
>>
I have walked in a forest at night myself, in the middle of the country, the feeling of fear was overwhelming. I was also not in the right frame of mind and was crying and was dealing with full on depression. My senses overreacted to any noise that weren't cause by me and I felt like I had eyes on me that I could feel but not see. There's something eerie and sinister about walking in the dark at night. It creeps me out just reliving the emotions I experienced out there.

I don't think doing this regularly is healthy, it might be an interesting one off shock but it can't be good long-term.
>>
From an external perspective it sounds Sketchy OP, consider what a reasonable emotional response would be if you bumped into a stranger under those circumstances, or what your reasonable emotional response would be. You're really asking to incidentally scare the crap out of someone else while scaring the crap out of yourself.

Further detaching from reality will not make you feel more grounded or safe. Introspective wilderness time is not an intrinsically bad idea but consider the context. I've done something similar in a delusional state, it did not improve my mental health, for all intensive purposes it aggravated it. I lost all reasonable reference points for what reality should look like.

Turn back OP, I've been down there, nothing good will come of it.
>>
>>17481887
It would be a different story if these walks made you feel calm or better about your situation. But harming one's self like your doing now, it may not seem like it but scaring the shit out of yourself purposely is harmful, is the equivalent of shock therapy or the like--harming oneself in the hopes of reaching a better end but it never ever works. Especially if you've gone a month and are still frightened, which you should be because what you're doing is very dangerous (the forest is not something to be trifled with or challenged). You can find a much better way to reach the result you would like. But the walks should stop.
>>
>>17481887
I do something similar, OP, but not in wooded areas. If I was having a shitty day, at the end of the day before going to bed, I would go for a walk. It would always calm me down immensely. It felt like a drug just walking down darkened roads, listening to my headphones. Barely any lights, the solitude, the quiet. It's almost like being asleep. I think that's why I enjoyed it, in retrospect. I don't do this anywhere as much as I used to. I used to do it in the morning before sunrise and after sunset. It's like all my worries and fears were suddenly alleviated.
>>
>>17482368
Im with this anon. I used to constantly walk through the woods bordering my backyard to a park on the other side and just sit on the swings while just enjoying a beverage at 1 in the morning. I just enjoyed the solitude and absolute stillness of it all.

Anyways for me it worked wonders, I made a fair few life decisions doing this, so if you're anything like me I can back it up as a good way to sort you're shit out.

Also I know that this is a long shot, but if you have access to a boat or kayak and are near a body of water, that's relaxing as fuck and at least half as dangerous as what you're doing now.
>>
>>17481887
>a lonely pretty girl would accompany me

even at your darkest hour it's still all about your fucking dick

disgusting. men are disgusting.
>>
>>17482600
Women seek out men too, but just in different ways. There's a weird false dichotomy that men are horny all the time and women are these dainty, people that shouldn't be harmed. It doesn't even make any sense.

Sure, that hope that some girl would find him is insane, not impossible, but yeah insane.
>>
>>17482600
has nothing to do with dick. Most stories I have read of escape unfortunately involved lonely pretty women, my fantasy of escape now involves them in one way or another. I have actually ran into women before and I hide / take another path lol. So it's a fantasy at best.
>>
File: 2364752754.jpg (25KB, 262x310px) Image search: [Google]
2364752754.jpg
25KB, 262x310px
I might start doing this
>>
OP you need someone to talk to. Here's your thread. Talk to us
>>
>>17482961
There's nothing left to talk about anymore. I have said everything at this point. I do appreciate the gesture. Thank you.
>>
>>17481887
If you stick to a trail not very. Worst you will find are drug addicts getting high and maybe gay guys fucking
>>
Makes me think of animals that wander into the forest to die
>>
>>17482600
>seeking romantic companionship
>having anything to do with his dick

You're the one who brought up his dick, I think you're the sicko here.
>>
Why would the forest be dangerous? I come from a country where there are no dangerous animals, so maybe it's that, but dangerous people don't hang around in the forest.

Who does go to the forest? weirdos like you, and teenagers who are getting drunk and camping out. I've only once met someone in the forest at night, he was hunting rabbits and showed me where to find some good firewood.
>>
File: think frog.jpg (58KB, 492x498px) Image search: [Google]
think frog.jpg
58KB, 492x498px
I do this because I need plants to feed my pets. I breed butterflies and the caterpillars of each different species needs a specific plant that only grows in the nearby forest and I'm a lazy fuck that postpones feeding them until night.

It looks spooky, but trust me, it is a whole lot safer at night than a crowded city. So far, I have not ever encountered a stranger. I think the chances of encountering a stranger at night are extremely small, and are exaggerated by the horror movies we watch or news we read.

The only spooky shit that happened:
I was using the flashlight of my mobile phone once to find my way, then suddenly a bat flew straight up to my face, only to turn around the last second. Scared me to death. It seems bats aren't scared of humans at all. It was "patrolling" the road through the forest, flying up and down the road catching insects. Funny thing is every few minutes it would stop when it encountered me and turn around to fly another lap. It was probably too lazy to fly past me each time and used me to mark the "end" of it's trail. First time I encountered it did scare me to death though. Suddenly there was this unidentified creature up in my face.

Oh, and the screech of an owl took me by suprise, because it sounds quite weird and harsh if the creature is sitting near you in a tree.

Pretty much all the scares I've had were animal related. Rustling in the bushes. Housecats take me by suprise too because they have reflective eyes that light up in the darkness. But then they come up to you because they want to be petted..
>>
>>17483508
protip: murders and rapists don't go into forests because there's no people there.
>>
>>17482600
I have a dick and I laughed at this
>>
your ball of fog was a visual hallucination due to your schizophrenia, not a being from another dimension
>>
File: sweating man.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweating man.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>17483628
>tfw OP is a paranoid hallucinating schitzophrenic wandering in the forest at night that imagines seeing people and apparitions around him while simultaniously being scared shitless by his surroundings
>mfw he is the one to ask /adv/ if it's dangerous

I think if you're walking through at forest at night, I think OP is pretty much at the pinnacle of people you don't want to encounter
>>
>>17483726
Nah. Paranoid schizophrenics generally aren't at all dangerous. They're terrified, dysfunctional people. Unless OP is having command hallucinations to kill or something he's going to flee rather than fight.
>>
>>17481887
I used to do a similar thing, for similar reasons.

I would go to a park to work out around midnight. It was a big park and the place where the dip and pullup bars were was surrounded by trees, and it was really deep in the park, so no light would come in from anywhere.

At the time I was a massive pussy. Extremely socially anxious, no friends, kissless virgin, no confidence, basically a shell of a man. So I'd start going at night to sort of prove to myself that I'm worth something and I'm not a total bitch.

I've had a few weird experiences, but one really sticks out. I won't greentext it, but basically a dude asked to suck my dick. I had always seen guys just standing around there all alone, one night I actually talked to one. It sounds fucking ridiculous but I think that park may have been a hotspot for male prostitutes or something.

The things that happened to you aren't that odd, weirer things are bound to happen if you keep going out at night. I've seen people dealing drugs, people just staring at me as I work out, other weird shit. I've seen mist descending on the park at night as well, which was cool but creepy as fuck. As for people walking faster in front of me, it happens all the time. Very few people are actually comfortable walking out alone at night, especially with some dude walking behind them.
>>
File: ayy.jpg (11KB, 621x448px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
11KB, 621x448px
Where do you live?

Depending on the area it could be dangerous at night.

Bears should be your number one concern if you live where they do.

Mountain lions can also be a concern, but again you need to be where they live.

Deer can be pretty dangerous towards the end of the summer/fall.
>>
That's gotta be surreal. I usually walk around my house at night wearing wireless headphones listening to Silent Hill music.
>>
>>17483804
how did you get out of "Shell of man" state. Or are you still in it?
>>
>>17483912
I'm still a kissless virgin with no friends, but I have developed some degree of confidence. Two things helped a lot:
1) Celexa.
2) Getting a job, meaning that I didn't have time to sit around all day and think about what a loser I was.
>>
>>17481887
>I have started walking through forests at night time. How dangerous is it?

Do you not watch movies, Anon? Better give it up before the Blair Witch catches you or something.
>>
Practice some safety tips OP, and also get professional help for your general well being, but no I don't think it's too dangerous to do this.

1. Leave a note saying where you went, in case you break a leg in a ravine and people will know where to look for you.
2. Bring some kind of reliable light source, or at least a back up
3. Pepper spray, for animals and the rare chance of a dangerous person

I'm jelly OP, I live in a big city where all the woods nearby are filled with homeless druggies and it IS dangerous
>>
>>17484722
4. Bring a cellphone
>>
Bring a go-bag (map, compass or GPS, first aid kit, sturdy knife, light source like road flares, powerbank for phone, and some kind of food for a day or half-day at the very least) with you. And optimally, always tell someone where you go when you leave.
>>
>>17481887
Seems like people should be afraid of you
>>
File: vlc5ntn31ssitxfwy7wk.jpg (79KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
vlc5ntn31ssitxfwy7wk.jpg
79KB, 800x531px
Go Urban Exploring, should be a fun hobby.
>>
Watch out for skinwalkers
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.