[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 639832938.gif (2MB, 530x291px) Image search: [Google]
639832938.gif
2MB, 530x291px
Okay so I just have a question concerning the way in which my case is being handled by the local police. Awhile back I was caught giving a cigarette to a minor and after being searched they found a small amount of drugs that I had. They told me that they weren't charging me with the drugs and that I was only being charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor for the cigarette thing, and the citation that they gave me was only for the CDM charge. Then when I spoke to them again a week later they told me that now they've decided to charge me with possession for the drugs they found on me that night too, and that they would contact me to let me know my court date. I'm wondering if it's even legal for them to throw out a drug charge at the time of the search, and then bring it back up later without providing any proof that they found the drugs on me to begin with. Does anyone here know enough about the law to help me out with this? If so it would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>17480764

I assume they took the drugs you had? If yes, of course they can charge you, that shit is sitting in an evidence locker with your name on it.
>>
>>17480764
Throwing out the drug charge, depending on your state and the drugs you had on you, likely wasn't the arresting cops decision. Next, the charge was never "thrown out" as you put it. As the state prosecutor, or the judge of your case didn't throw it out because it never got that far. And don't even bother bringing up "proof" the officer that detained and gave you the citation made a report of the encounter and most likely listed you had drugs, there's also possible dashcam footage from his car depending on where you were standing and if he had another officer with him he has more than one witness. There's also other proof they could have on you. What they are doing is in fact legal, and you tucked up. Call a lawyer.
>>
Okay how about this, I used to have a prescription for the type of drugs that they took off me. When they found them they were in a plastic bag but I could claim that they were from an old prescription and that I lost the bottle. If I can provide proof that I used to have the prescription do you think they would buy it?
>>
I don't know if it's relevant but I forgot to mention that they also took five hundred dollars from me too. It was my money and it wasn't obtained illegally but they still took it. Again not sure how that's relevant but I thought I'd bring it up.
>>
>>17480890
>It was my money and it wasn't obtained illegally but they still took it
What the fuck? Why did they take it? How is it not illegal? Dude talk to some fucking lawyers.
>>
>>17480883
You aren't supposed to remove prescriptions from their bottles in most circumstances. Especially if it's some type of pain med. Also if the prescription is any older than about a week, maybe two weeks ago they might just laugh at that excuse. What drug was it?
>>
>>17480935
It was xannax. About ten of them.
>>
>>17480890
I'm this guy>>17480805
>>17480935
You have probably really fucked up. They took the money as evidence of "distribution" or if your really unlucky just took your money and you have no way to prove it. Again talk to a lawyer. You have fucked up big time
>>
>>17480909
I mean I didn't obtain it illegally. I assume they took it because I also had drugs and they just assumed that it was drug money, but it wasn't. It was given to me by a friend.
>>
get a lawyer you are booty bombarded legally
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.