[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying video game keys for cheap price

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: G2A-666x374[1].jpg (27KB, 666x374px) Image search: [Google]
G2A-666x374[1].jpg
27KB, 666x374px
I don't know if this is the right place for this. I'd also like to point out that I barely understand what "keys" are.

Should I buy from g2a.com? I've seen people saying that an individual seller could potentially rip off a buyer by selling a used key. The user I'm buying from has a positive rating of 100% with very, very little negative feedback compared to how much work they've done.

Bizarrely, it seems that a DLC key for the game I want costs slightly more than on the Steam page. Will I be able to buy the game key from G2A, and buy the DLC from Steam with it still working? Will mods still work, if I want to use those?

Does any of it change or matter if it's a more recent game, like XCOM 2?
>>
>>17479932
Keys just allow you to add the game to Steam basically or whatever distribution platform

I used G2A to buy Doom, Tomb Raider, and MKX and had no issue just buy from the sellers with like 123400 good ratings in the UK

You can buy the DLC from Steam and it'll still work just like if you got it from steam store
>>
>>17479932
If you do, don't get g2a shield. When you get it for one game you actually subscribe to it and it takes money from your bank account every month. I only noticed like 5-6 months in.

They're slimeballs honestly, I'm not dealing with them again. I get games from Humble Bundles now.

>>17479948
Suck my dick trippy.
>>
>>17479962
>humblefag

lol kill yourself
>>
>>17479962
I also just checked my checking account online and don't see evidence of your claim and i used shield

Nice shilling Humblefag
>>
>>17479932
These companies like g2a and kingpin are very shady, they're also known to get their keys from bad sources and valve is trying to shut them off by disabling all the keys they try to sell. I don't really trust them, but if you want to get a bunch of cheap keys I guess they're okay.
>>
File: g2a shield.png (66KB, 700x664px) Image search: [Google]
g2a shield.png
66KB, 700x664px
>>17479948
>in the UK
There's a thing on the game's page that says "Region: GLOBAL". Does that count?

>>17479962
What makes Humble better? It doesn't look like it's any cheaper than Steam.
>>
>>17479986
The Region is for the game itself, GLOBAL is fine and will work

70k sales looks fine enough to buy from too
>>
>>17479970
>>17479986
>humbleshill
In that pic - "Free for 30 days", i.e. they'll start charging you automatically every month after the first month. Make sure to cancel it before the free month is up if you're buying something with g2a.

>what makes humble bundle better?
Don't look at the prices of individual games. I just got Rust and like 4-5 throw ins for 4£, it's like 15£ on Steam just for Rust. Look up the surval bundle, it's good shit desu.
>>
>>17479986
I was going to mention something about the cap but changed my mind, forgetting to remove the image. Whoops.

>>17479996
Good, thanks. Didn't even realise the seller's details were on it. And thanks.

>>17480003
I thought something was confusing. Thanks. I'm not fond of free trials any way, so I guess I won't bother using it.
And thanks, I'll consider it if I want a bunch of games at once.
>>
>>17480003
Looks like they changed it to be a sub then, I haven't bought something recently
>>
>>17480011
No problem senpai.

>>17480012
If you weren't a tripfag I'd say "It's cool bro".

But you're a tripfag so suck my cock.
>>
File: I8cj2Tg.gif (2MB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
I8cj2Tg.gif
2MB, 900x507px
>>17480026
I might if you weren't such humbleshill
>>
>>17479932
The problem with using licensing keys from shady sources is that it can be a violation of the terms of service for the digital distribution platform that you're using. You just don't know where these keys are coming from. They might be stolen via credit card fraud or they may be from out of region sales (despite being "global").

If you violate the terms of service, ALL your entitlements for that account are at risk. If you generally buy one game at a time and then play it through until you don't care about it anymore, you're really only going to be risking the loss of value of the latest game you bought a license for.

But if you replay games or have a library of games you haven't played yet, you could find your entire library of entitlements wiped out by a license violation.

G2A itself is notorious for refusing to honor their fraud protection for third party sales. Most of the time you will receive a legit key and not have problems, but the "shield' is no guarantee of that.

I'd suggest you just wait for shit to go on sale. It's pretty rare to see legit keys for less than sale prices. The exception can be "free" games that are part of a hardware promotion (like Nvidia does with their graphics cards).
>>
>>17480117
Well that sounds fucking terrifying. I haven't completed a couple of games yet. I guess I'll have to pay that extra 20 quid for peace of mind.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.