[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a new college wardrobe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

Is H&M any good? Clothes seem affordable and seem to look good but wanna get some other opinions
>>
>>17479771
H&M is good for experimenting with new looks for cheap but I kinda prefer asos
>>
>>17479771

It's good for basics, but the quality is what you'd expect for the price. For anything that you want to last longer buy them elsewhere.
>>
>>17479771
>Cheap clothes
>Really cool clothing ideas
>Stuff changes pretty much every time you're there

H&M is a godsend. Their jeans don't last long though.
>>
It's bangladesh quality.

Basically IKEA for clothes.
>>
>>17479775
whats asos like
>>17479777
>>17479791
long term reliability isn't something I'm worried about, I just wanna look good
>>
>>17479771
You prolly wanna go on /fa/.

But just a heads up if you're going to college for the first time, dressing like a pretentious douche isn't going to make people want to hang out with you. It's college; keep it simple.
>>
>>17479803
asos quality is pretty good, never had an issue and it has sales often

way more selection than h&m
>>
>>17479805
I literally cannot into college fashion
What do I do
>>
>>17479815
Jeans and a t-shirt. Many students even go out in their pajamas.
If you want to play dress up, and spend a lot of money to look cool, it's really not going to work. You'll come off as some pretentious hipster douche if anything.
Worry more about classes and clubs.
>>
File: rGAhp.jpg (28KB, 550x426px) Image search: [Google]
rGAhp.jpg
28KB, 550x426px
>>17479839
>jeans

bet you wear sketchers too
>>
>>17479815
read about capsule wardrobe, etc.

For undergrats in college it's pretty easy to dress nice.
Don't wear any funny / edgy / stupid printed t-shirts. Get nice polos or henley shirts instead.
For better occasions get two or three simple (speak unicolor) button-up shirts.
All of this can be matched with a good pair of jeans (straight fit, dark washed or beige). Later you can increase the number of dress shirts.

Depending on your major / later job prospects it can be necessary to get a suit, but you aren't there yet (I even had successful job interviews only with a good levis jeans and a white shirt, so don't worry too much about that).
>>
>>17479843
tripfag, do you do anything but ruse threads?
>>
>>17479858
Pics of clothes?
>>
>>17479858
What's wrong with graphic Ts?
>>
>>17479863
Don't have any pics on my phone. Is anything about my explenation unclear?
>>
>>17479859
Yeah I'm listening to music too, which means I can multitask

Can't decide what to eat for lunch
>>
>>17479864
They look immature.
Those which are supposed to be funny, aren't.
Nobody cares about your favourite edgy metal band.
>>
>>17479858
Polos looks terrible on most people.
>>
>>17479858
>being this much of a prissy fuck boy

you forgot your boatshoes faggot
>>
>>17479879
Depends on people and how good the shirt fits.
Yet fitting clothes always value up looks.
>>
>>17479875
I mean, I've gotten a lot of compliments wearing my Gengar shirt and my Metallica Master of Puppets shirt just walking around campus.
If it's just on an normal day, no one but pretentious hipster douche bags is going to think you're immature.
And even if it is some edgy metal t-shirt, on a campus with thousands of students, you're going to find some people that share you taste in music. If people don't like it, they aren't really going to interpret the t-shirt and likely just forget it.
>>
>>17479858
Dude, it's college. No one gives a shit how you dress. Go to class in sweat pants, and people won't care.
>>17479881
I agree with this tripfag for once.
>>
>>17479786
>>17479791
This. Sometimes they have good stuff and other times bad but it's cheap enough to where I don't care.
>>
>>17479897
You can wear what you want. I honestly don't care.
I can only share my experiences about my time at university. It's not about being pretentious or how your friends on campus are thinking about you, but how you represent yourself in front of your professors, TAs or potential employers.

It's the same as with sitting in the front row of class. Sure, it's more fun to sit in the back, but up front you see / hear better and have a better chance of getting noticed by your prof.
Again I don't now your major, but for me it paid out to 'stand out' positively a bit.
>>
>>17479869
>Yeah I'm listening to music too, which means I can multitask
It is a sad human being that can type things as cringe worthy as this.
>>
>>17479869
pulled pork and coleslaw
>>
>>17479931
Oh shit that sounds pretty good actually and some sweet tea

shit nigga think you're on to something

>>17479929
what? lol HOW PATHETIC WHAT KINDA LOSER LISTENS TO MUSIC LOL
>>
>>17479924
>professors
Even professors dress causally most days. And they of all people understand that it's college, and they're no need to "dress to impress" on just the average day. I even once had an engineering professor who heckled a student for dressing up in a full suit everyday.
>potential employers
I said on a normal day, not during an interview.
>TAs
Why do you give a shit what they think?

You're not impressing anyone dressing up in business causual everyday in college, and it certainly doesn't help.
>>
Both me and my bf wear mostly H&M.
The lines with better quality are H&M conscious and LOGG. It costs a bit more, but the quality is much better.
Make sure you buy cotton, and that it is decent.
Don't buy jumpers there - their "wool" sucks, and polyester makes you smell.

A brand with decent prices and good quality is UNIQLO. They have very basic clothes, but the quality is great and the price is honest.

Pay attention with the t shirts from H&M, the cheapest ones are fucking hell to iron.
>>
File: 1452786772179.jpg (124KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452786772179.jpg
124KB, 640x640px
I'm guessing that clothes from JC pennies are out of the question?
>>
>>17479954
this, no professor is going to give two shits whether you're wearing jeans/tee/sneaks or polos/khakis/loafers, they just want to see you do the damn coursework.

I have known business colleges that require you to wear business-casual or business-dressy to class as a way of supposedly teaching you the importance of dressing professionally. but they're the only colleges I've ever heard of that do that. idk why they do that, maybe they think you're gonna forget how to wear a shirt and tie unless you practise it every day.

but then they're the same business colleges that have tard-level remedial english and math courses and take literally anybody that can pay the tuition regardless of whether they're smart enough to get into regular college or not. basically they are turd polishing schools. so maybe that's it.
>>
>>17480171
Look man this time last year I was described as dressing like an autist

So I just wanna make sure that this time I do it right
>>
>>17480181
What did you wear? How many people saod you dress like an autist? What were they wearing?
I'd personally say that you realy can't go wrong with jeans and a t-shirt.
>>
>>17480203
colors didn't match, clothes were too baggy, etc

matching colors is easy now, but I just don't know what styles I should wear, if collars are good or bad, if I'm allowed to wear long pants this time of year, etc
>>
>>17480203
basically its not enough for people to look at me and think "meh" as in "its not bad", I need them to think "nice"
>>
>>17479771

>wearing that jacket
>ever
>>
Depends on how you define good. H&M definitely has some good styles, and really inexpensive clothes. Their shit looks good, but it is super super low quality cheap fabric etc...

So, totally perfect for college.
>>
>>17480816
Fuck off
>>
>>17480952
nou
>>
poorly made trash. if you want a garment to look OK once it's a pleasant enough store and website, but the clothes are of uniformly horrible quality.
>>
File: 1463344280998.png (860KB, 841x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463344280998.png
860KB, 841x720px
>>
clothing does not matter. Face and attitude does. Do you remember what the prettiest girl you have ever seen was wearing? it's just bs.
>>
>>17481863
hell yeah I remember. that day was over 11 years ago and I could pick the dress out of a lineup easier than I could her.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.