[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job worries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (57KB, 467x263px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 467x263px
I work at Walmart. Been working there for 8 and a half months. I used to love my job and be happy and proud to work there, now I feel explored and trapped and I come to work to half-ass it, because I know I can get away with it.

I feel trapped because the big boss just will not let me move up and out in the company. I wanted to be a CSM. I wanted to be a department manager. I even wanted to be in TLE. Just anywhere but my current department. But the big boss just says "I can't handle it". That isn't a professional answer and I need something more concrete. If I can't handle it, I want to improve till I'm fit for the position. I really hate stagnating and not moving my life forward. I can be comfortable with making $9 and not getting anywhere in life, or I can keep moving up and on. I choose the latter.

I feel exploited because I'm still classified as working part time yet I've been working full time (40 hours a week, 5 days a week) for over 6 months now. This means I'm not eligible for benefits.

And I got hired during a time where the new pathways thing came out, meaning I was a new hire and had to jump through hoops to get a raise. But the problem is managers are always too busy to assist me in moving through the process. We basically need them to OK things. It's taking a process that should've taken 6 months to a process that is taking 8, 9 months.

I want out. Walmart sucks. I don't want to leave but I feel I have to.
>>
You sound really entitled.
I wonder if this is your first job. Definitely sounds like it. Just listen to what you say:

- "I feel trapped because my big boss won't let me move up"
- "I really hate stagnating and not moving forward"
- "I feel exploited because I'm part time working as a full time"
- "It's taking too long ... should taken 6 months"
- " I want out"

Firstly, know that your manager owes you NOTHING. He pays you because you work, not because you have ambition to move other places. He wants to know that he can rely on someone to do the job not someone who wants to move around. In reality, even if this is working at a Walmart, 8.5 months in any role is NOTHING. It just comes close to knowing the basics and then start performing. You haven't earned shit, you know nothing, you need to earn your stripes.

My best advice would be to talk to the manager and tell him that you have intentions on staying here for a long time and that after 1 year can you have a performance review to talk about your past performance and future aspirations.
>>
>>17479261
Nice assuming. Third job. I know plenty enough. And you must've missed that I'm willing to learn and improve. And im allowed to be entitled because I can't let people walk all over me and get away with it
>>
>>17479261
mostly agree with this except for one thing.

if you're working 40 hours a week, they really should be treating you as a full time employee and you should be getting all the benefits that come with that. walmart does this to people a lot and it's illegal. there's been so much publicity about it over the years, I'm almost surprised they're still doing it. almost.

not sure exactly where OP should go from here, but even if his other gripes sound a bit whiny, that one at least is legit. suggestions? part of me wants to say labour lawyer, but then walmart pretty much banks on its employees not being able to afford lawyers.

if nobody else has any better ideas, OP, I would say the next step is to start googling around and see what legal recourse you have for the part-time/full-time thing. as for the other stuff...well, that's shit jobs for you. sorry mang. I've done shit jobs too.
>>
>>17479342
Then just leave you'll thank your past self for that decision. If you think you are undervalued and treated like shit and can't work to your full potential and, as a result, be mentally effected (attitude, appearance, body language) then pull the trigger.
>>
Look for something else?
>>
>>17479489
>>17479493
I will. Decided not to open my mouth about anything and just quietly leave
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.