[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does having a good childhood mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_mooxzbostv1rdsiguo2_250.gif (880KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mooxzbostv1rdsiguo2_250.gif
880KB, 245x160px
What does having a good childhood mean?
>>
Going to a private school
>>
>parents had a healthy relationship with each other
>lack of money wasn't a problem
>parents cared enough to make sure child did well in school
>plenty of friends and family available
>child participates in sports and other extracurricular activities
>>
Having a loving family, doing well in school, making friends and having the opportunity to be a kid.

If you were missing at least one of these traits, you can't say you had a good childhood.
>>
When I was 6 years old my parents divorced, their lives reset which left my brother, my sister and I the dregs of their old lives. That led to neglect and abuse, abandonment and desertion. Childhood was fucking rough, my dad moved away and we were left with our "mother" who (after hundreds of strange men coming for one night stands) eventually deserted us too. My sister found a home with her friends family but it left me and my brother homeless. My bro ended up moving away and never heard from him again, I joined the army and was medically discharged after 3 years......then at 20 I met a girl and we made a life together, got a place, had a child moved on with my life

Bumped into my mother about a year ago and went into a childish rage and panic, it's like a turned into a 6 year old again, was fucked
Bros probably dead, can't find a trace of him anywhere
Sister is ok I suppose

I have severe emotional problems that wreck my life

Wonder what me and my siblings would be like if we had a loving normal childhood
>>
>>17479231

Loving family
Allowed to have friends and play
Some comfort, but luxury doesn't equal good childhood, many rehab clients from wealthy fsmilies will attest to that
Sports and hobby activities being encouraged
Some amount of dicipline, some amount of leniency, too much of either and things can turn sour real fast
>>
A good childhood is one that leaves the person successful and emotionally healthy.
>>
No one raping or molesting you, None of parents being alcoholic or really abusive.
>>
>healthy family life
>healthy social life
>decent experience with the opposite sex
>played sports
>went to prom
>went to graduation party

Pretty much all the things I missed out on
>>
All these answers are right and it's amazing that they're so similiar to one another. Most start off with requiring love from parents too.
Anyone here watch the School of Life on YouTube? Great channel, there's one called Good and Bad childhoods.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2fG9-W-OwCs
>>
Great development

Ohh. Ouch. Im sorry if you dont know this one.
>>
>>17479231
If 4chan is anything to go by, it's NOT having childhood memories that consist entirely of consumer products aimed at kids i.e. videogames, cartoons, toys.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs for us.
>>
>>17479231
How much does School of Life know about this or anything at all? They never cite any form of study or anything. It looks like reasoning without supporting evidence. Descartes was wrong.
>>
A Good childhood is about perspective. My father died b4 I was born, and my mother raised 3 kids working as a nurse. We had big family fights, run aways, alcohol/drug abuse, all that good stuff. However I know plenty of kids who were more "privledged" than me (two normal parents, money etc) who end up being a bit shallow. You gotta look at the glass half full, any one who experiences traumatic events in their childhood can be overcome by the fear/hate/sadness, or they can dig deep within themselves and rise above, maturing in ways other children might not reach til they are grown adults living their own life. A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
>>
>>17480564
I was going to mention something like this. Overcoming hardships is key otherwise you will never develop empathy for the unfortunate. My bet is your nurse mother had some admirable qualities to her and taught this to you so you were better able to cope. If your life has been flawless since day one but your parents didn't teach you anything because they're shallow, I think you're going to be a dysfunctional adult once you experience hardships and failure.
>>
>>17480548
Meant to quote >>17480351
>>
>>17480548
It is reasoning without empirical support which makes the approach to what they say the same for when reading anyone elses comments or talking to someone: with a grain of salt. Thing is, a lot of what they say, when it comes to emotional intelligience, makes sense to people struggling internally which is why they're so popular.
Good parents who love their children unconditionally or friends loyal to one another probably don't have a citation for their every action. And although they call themselves a school, this is what they're more akin to: emotional support.
>>
>>17479235
I went to private school and childhood sucked. Being the only middle class and asian kid in a school full of rich white kids ain't fun.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.