[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good methods for acquiring currency? I am a mid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1350012421759.jpg (56KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1350012421759.jpg
56KB, 480x480px
What are some good methods for acquiring currency?

I am a mid 20s ausfag, with a completed bachelor of science in chemistry (GPA of 7 or 4 for amerifags), a decent bit of work experience in your standard jobs like cafes. I have little to no ethics and would be willing to do whatever.

I do not have many friends to use as connections.
>>
Please assist.
>>
Make drugs and sell them on the deep web? Actually try looking for a job in your field?
Whore yourself out?
>>
>>17479209
You know, I'm about to go into a Bsc in Chem next year at UQ, and will probably go on to do Chem Eng after that.
Atm I'm doing at a Dip of Lab Tech at Tafe.

Seriously, you're looking for methods of 'acquiring currency?' how much of a high functioning autist are you?

Why don't you just go and get a job working as a lab assistant / lab tech / chemist in a commerical testing laboratory like QML or S&N? I mean, that's what your degree is good for.

Also yeah, if you're looking to start up your own clandestine chemistry lab, good look with that. You're going to be synthesizing 95% of your reagents, and extracting them from plant matter / commercial products, and all your testing is going to be on a qualitative analysis.

Also, good luck finding people to sell your untested niche products too. Unless you know people who are heavy active drug users and not just your average pot smokers, you won't have any chance at networking.
HPLCs cost way in excess of 30k, the software is 2k, columns are going to be out your range, and spectros that are from this decade will be out your budget range as well - assuming you're fresh out of uni, so you'll never really know what you % yield is or its purity.
>>
>>17479369
First one wouldn't be viable.
Don't have a heap of interest in that and money-wise it doesn't seem like the best option. I forgot to mention in the OP post that I am looking for non-fulltime jobs.
Considered that but I would probably need better social skills than what I have.

>>17479417
Never said I had any interest in doing that. I was just listing the qualifications I have. It is not a fresh degree, I have been out of any education for a couple years.
>>
>>17479209
You make connections when you're at uni then get those people to get you a job. I only got a pass GPA so I worked as a tutor for the uni teachers whose classes I did well in before I found a state public service job and got a friend of mine who was a higher up in that department to put in a good word for me. Just work at uni to have a professional job on your resume.
>>
>>17479427
Did you do that after you finished your degree or at the same time?
>>
>>17479422
The only kinds of jobs you're going to find with a Bsc in Chem is in commercial laboratories - which will be part time or full time, like the criteria you've listed. You might be able to find a job specifically in forensic science / toxicology - but most likely as a lab tech.

Finding a job as a teaching assistant in high schools / tafe / unis could be a thing.

Other than that, you'll only find a more specialized job if you combined science majors / specialized in things like chem eng, systems biology / biochemistry, etc.

If that's your thing, maybe going back to uni is the route?

Atm, I'm working as a pharmacy assistant at Chemist Warehouse part time, and once I finish my dip I'll be getting a job working in a commercial lab, hopefully in biochem / histology department (the tests you perform are fun / playing around with cadavers too!), but mostly likely haematology. Then, I'll work there until I finish my degree in Chem Eng and go off into industry.
>>
>>17479445
It was a BSci Medicinal Chem/Chem.

How much are you getting at Chemist Warehouse, and how much are you expecting to make at a commercial lab?
>>
There's a million pays to acquire currency but most people are terrible at it, reminds me of every MMRPG ever.

Here's one:
Think of a niche eg. zen products.
Spend a day or two to make a website and link it to paypal.
Make a facebook profile for it.
Buy products on ebay for $0.75 or whatever.
Run some facebook competitions for likes and shares.
Advertise your products as a *free* giveaway, attach $6 shipping and $0.99 handling.
Sell the others for $10 but offer 50% off while they check out the "free" stuff.
Watch bank balance rise.

I don't do this unethical stuff myself, I prefer to have a career where I can implement projects/systems that benefit people.
>>
>>17479437
I did the tutoring straight after uni. Become a lab demonstrator or tutor for first year chemistry because many people don't like teaching it so it's usually done by recent bachelor grads or honours students. I genuinely like trying to make chemistry enjoyable and the challenge of teaching people who are struggling with chemistry. Do you like teaching?

The public service job was from an academic contact from an economics degree I dropped out of. I got that a couple of months after tutoring.
>>
>>17479456
There are no prerequisites to getting a job, as it's all taught on site; and they take preference for people studying / have studied science courses too.
Because I'm studying full time, I only do three shifts a week (mostly for the experience), and take home $135~ a shift (6 hours, 20yrs/old).
There are plenty of vacancies available, just have a look on seek - they're always looking for new people, as a lot of pharmacology students use it as a stepping stone.

Commercial labs like QML and S&N are a little harder to get into, as most of the vacancies are advertised internally instead, and people work from lower positions like collection and sample handling, up into higher ones when people move on - but these are mostly people such as myself who only have a diploma.
When people in higher positions who have specialized, again, like hist or biochem, they are more likely to advertise externally through recruitment agencies, because training someone who no tertiary education on site is costly and time consuming. If you ever see one of these positions pop up, do not hesitate to send your CV off, because the position will be taken quickly!
For a general lab assistant, full time you're looking $35,000.
For a general lab technician, full time you're looking $40,000.
For a specialized lab technician (very rare vacancies), full time you're looking $50,000~.
note: these salaries will fluctuate depending on how large the lab is. The values I've listed here are for massive powerhouse labs that have +50 techs employed.
>>
>>17479479
On the flipside you can work full time making mobile ads and get $65,000. As much as I like science tech jobs are OP.
>>
>>17479486
I suppose, but ultimately, the kinds of people you find in these rolls aren't really doing it for the money - they're doing for the fulfillment; whether that be intellectual or as a functioning cog of society with a legitimate career.
Ultimately, people just find that more rewarding, and being in an environment where everyone has the same interests / aspirations is always nice too.
>>
Learn JavaScript and Angular.js and make websites/web apps. Lots of freelance job postings out there.
>>
Oldishfag here (31). I went through some big transformations in the past few years in terms of finance and life, and I've learned some important things.

>Always think long term as you can when it comes to finance, no exceptions.
>Jobs are pretty temporary in the western world these days, but a career in a field or set of companies is still a major way to securely and reliably make money over your lifetime.
>Universal/widely applicable skills trump everything for most people.
>Aim ahead of the curve- What I mean by this is understand how the industries/markets/society are changing and aim for 10 years from now with your skills/assets/choices in life.
>If you're intelligent and can work hard over a long period of time, self-employment is almost always the best choice
>Always work on your weaknesses first. These will get you further in life, faster.

For a mid 20s ausfag with no ethics and a focus on money I'd suggest coming to terms with the fact that money doesn't make you happy. It's cliche but it's deathly important to understand because it will allow you to focus on a career or role in life that will make you feel accomplished, happy and more importantly that you will stick out over time until you can become very valuable.

From there it's mostly about finding a branch in your industry or a need/want you can make a business out of.

This is pretty general, but then we're not here to do your homework for you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.