[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people cheat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

I haven't had this problem ,but I wanted to know why wouldn't you just break up and move on.
>>
>>17478829
2 Pussies are more fun than 1
>>
>>17478829

Sometimes people can't choose between which one they like more so they keep going back and forth
>>
to not cheat you have to have an iron will to put concepts like family, honour, integrity, loyalty over feeling temporarily good- aka orgasm

brain over body basically

its why the overwhelming majority of cheaters are women. Cause lets face it, their gears upstairs arent exactly running at full capacity
>>
>>17478844
Gears don't run, would be better to say something related to an engine
>>
But if you were single and never got a relationship wouldn't that be easier?You could just fuck whoever then.
>>
>>17478844
>its why the overwhelming majority of cheaters are women. Cause lets face it, their gears upstairs arent exactly running at full capacity
It's more of: women have more oportunity because more guys actually chase after women. So basically most women just need to give in to temptation to cheat while most men need to also show some effort at cheating.

I'm a man btw.

>>17478829
I would say that this hard and wicked question. It is one of the key question to understanding human psyche, societal norms, values, family etc. To understand better I would advice you to read about psychology or on the internet, I am fond of chumplady.com site for cheated spouses.

I would say that there might be many different reason why people cheat. Some may be just borderline (or full) psychopats that lack any empathy and just chase pleasure, some may be very unhappy in their relationships, some may never have been instilled with any possitive ideas, vision or values by their absent or abusive parents so that they don't acutally know not to cheat.

TBC
>>
>>17478829

Sometimes cheating has nothing to do with dissatisfaction with the person someone is with, and everything to do with an offer of seemingly no-strings-attached sex with an attractive person.

A music teacher in my high school had been married for 45+ years. He still loved the hell out of his wife, or seemed to, anyway. He got caught having an affair with one of his students, who wasn't just some worthless slut but a stunning vixen that was actually funny and who every guy wanted to fuck, myself very much included. It would seem she offered herself to him and I guess he just couldn't resist. Hard to blame him.

He wasn't unhappy with his wife, he just couldn't turn down free sex with a barely legal hottie.
>>
>>17478894
cont.

>>17478885
>But if you were single and never got a relationship wouldn't that be easier?You could just fuck whoever then.
For many people it's about the emotional and societal stability of relationship. They want that, they want to preserve that by they also want to have all the little pleasures in life. They want to be able to have a pleasure of quick and adventures fuck with whomever but they also want a stable relationship with a person that they can trust and that will take them to movies and hospital if need be. They juggle to "maintain" both of that things. It's not about being "easy" for them, it's about having everything. They are greedy that way.
>>
>>17478902
>couldn't turn down free sex
While I don't want to defend him and still think that what he did was AT LEAST disrespectful for his wife and probably hearthbreaking and myocardial infarction inducing. I am also against simplifying male emotions so much.

It's sickening and yet so rampart in our culture to simplify male emotions to such a grotesque form that the men just "couldn't resist FREE SEX" as if oportunity of free sex with albeit vixen would always prove too strong to him. She might have seduce him or he might have "sincerely" fall in love with her and seduce her not only for sex but because he "loved" her.
>>
>>17478904
continuing still:

Majority of people are what I call "slaves of their own emotions". They basically always do "whatever they feel". It's really stupid that this ludicrous phrase is spoken like a advice so often in modern times ("do whatever you feel", "follow you heart"). Instead of following reason and moral, philosophical or just personal code, they instead are on the whims of their fickle emotions (and I mean everyones emotions are more or less fickle). So if someone just happens to "ingite their flame" and seduce them, they might just give in to the temptation, because what often happens is that their "main" relationship after certain time grows boring or stale (in their perspective). But it soon is proven that what was boredoom was actually content in their relationship and what was "love" is actually just carnal desire. Some just go back to their relationship and try to forget or be given absolution but others (much more sinister folk) are not willing to fight with their temptations and give in each time the seducer come back.

It's a question of personal maturity, emotional stability, moral code, responsibility, empathy towards their spouse, their definition of love and strenght of feeling.
>>
>>17478917

You say I'm simplifying emotions, but I say you're complicating them.

We're animals. We have urges, and they are not something we grow out of in childhood; they are part of us our whole lives.

We are also each in possession of an intellect, and like to believe that vitrually all of our choices and actions are determined by our intellect and not our animal urges. But I think it's a much rarer thing than we like to believe.

I believe that the reason he had sex with her was that she was young and attractive and available. I'm sure that in his own mind, he had very complicated reasons for doing what he did, but I think that's a case of starting with a premise (I'm a good person), choosing an outcome (I'm going to sleep with my student), and then filling in the rest (I'm feeling insecure, want to reclaim my youth or something).
>>
>>17478955
Well given that in the post that you are replying to I said only that seduction was probably involved I wouldn't exacly call that complicating since I've not actually imply any depth more profound than "it's more than just free sex". But enough with that.

I completly agree with you about the duality of human being. I like to say that we have basically two nature, of beast and of rationality, they are not per se at war, they actually are designed to compliment each other. The problem (in my opinion) is that our instincts are product of bilions of years of evolution, they are evolutionary programing imparted in us to further our genes. If that wasn't troublesome enough, most of them are adjusted to the societal situation of at least ten thousand years ago, before the agricultural revolution.

I belive that as today our instincts and emotions are clusterfuck, they are haywired because societal situation changed so fast they haven't acutally had time to catch up. We are kind of lost in todays world and must rationalize it more than our ancestors had in times in which our emotions guided them steadly through life. Sadly minority of people do that.
>>
>>17478993

This back and forth of you two was interesting. I think the balance of instinct and rarionality, the duality, is very true.

I try to balance both, and i think I've been successful with my interaction with others since losing my virginity and having a fuckbuddy. It helped me realise that I have primal urges that need to be released, whether sexual or instinctive. A lot of my peers I think are weak in the sense that they unconsciously allow their primal urges to fall behind, leading to a lack of self belief and so more anxiety.

Anyway, as for cheating: I've done things similar to it, that would count as dirty and morally wrong at least. It means no offence to the person I love, it is just a primal urge at least for me. I want to taste other pleasures from other people. I don't want to cheat though, simply because if I found my girl cheating on me I'd probs shoot up a school of children out of anger lol
>>
>>17478829
It's a game of power. After someone cheats on you, you get a incredible desire to be the centre of all cheater's desires. Like you will ever be
>>
>>17478829
People had needs and desires, Sometime they are spiritual or social like have a partner and sometimes are physical like sex
>>
>>17478844
>the overwhelming majority of cheaters are women
The vast majority of studies show that men cheat much more than women.
>>
>>17479252
The correct response to being cheated on is to dump the cunt for being selfish piece of disrespectful trash.
>>
>>17478829
I've never cheated nor would I ever do so.

I think people who cheat have deep mental isssues.
Why do you cheat if you don't break up first with your SO?
Because you feel traped, tired, don't have empathy, insecurities, have to lie, because you want to do to try it but then want the usual comfort of a relationship.

I believe that once a cheater always a cheater. But there are special cases.

the thing you should know OP is that there is people who will never cheat.
>>
>>17479294
[citation needed]
>>
I lost someone cause they cheated, I'm not over it, I'd give a testicle to have her back
>>
>>17479315
So you 'd give a testicle but not your dignity/not being cheated on status?
Kek
>>
>>17479304
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21667234

About as frequent as each other.

Anyways, there are a lot of reasons why people cheat. They don't care, they're unhappy, the situation gets "out of control". There are probably as many reasons as there are people. It isn't always as simple as "just break up if you aren't happy with that person;" people can get stuck in an unhappy relationship and it's hard to just leave someone you've spent years of your life with. Sometimes you might not realize just how unhappy you are until a cheating event makes you realize it.

Ultimately people are just people. They make mistakes and do messed up things. When people are unhappy they don't tend to make the best decisions.
>>
>>17478829
Because it's kind of a thrill. Because it's nice to know that two women want you at once.
>>
>>17479330
I guess I'm not offended that people cheat, like sometimes shit happens or people find themselves attracted to other people. I just miss my friend, fuck that labeling cuckold shit
>>
>>17479315
Seems like you are already missing both of them lad.
>>17479425
LITERALLY a fucking KEK
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.