[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm really stressed right now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (12KB, 125x118px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 125x118px
Was just talking to one of my friends, and he told me that his girlfriend is pregnant. And he wants me to be the god father. He knows how much I hate kids, and how I never ever want kids. Literally, there is nothing more terrifying to me than having to be responsible for a child. I can't believe he wants me to be the god father. This is the 2nd time someone has done this, the first time.. (Without explaining everything) another one of my friends got his wife pregnant. Told me to be the god father, sadly he died tragically just a few months later. I was freaking out so terribly from his death, and the fact that I was going to be the god father. For months I was sick. But then his wife miscarried.

I just don't get it. It stresses me the fuck out. Because never want anything to do with kids, and people know this, but they still assign me these duties.
>>
you can say NO
>>
>>17478769
He just told me over text "you will be the god father"

I'm gonna have to talk to him in person and tell him no. Like there is literally no way I could bare any responsibility for a kid. Morally and everything I'm fine, but I just can't deal with kids
>>
first off, nobody's assigning you anything. if you do it, it's because you chose to say yes. second, if he's any kind of friend, then he knows you don't like kids and he'll understand if you say no.

has he said anything about what he expects you to do as godfather? I mean really all it is, is if anything happens to both parents, you would step in and have a say in what happens to the kid. if your buddy is religious, maybe you'd have a hand in the kid's spiritual development.

but my aunt and uncle were my godparents and they didn't really do a lot except take me to church once or twice. plus I'd stay overnight there if my parents needed someone to look after me when they were out of town.

>>17478775
dude you gotta ask him for some specifics.
>>
1. they recognize you as a responsible person that can help them raise their child properly
2. in the off chance they die, you just have to make sure the kid doesn't die

you can decline, but you're gonna put a huge scar on that relationship by doing so. It's a huge fucking honor to get asked to be a godparent, stop being so pessimistic and assuming that it automaticaly makes you the father of the kid if the real one dies.
>>
>>17478775
yes you can say no

you can text him no

you can email him no

you can call him and say "no"

nothing is your responsibility unless you want it, that simple dude
>>
>>17478769
/thread
>>
>>17478780
>assuming that it automaticaly makes you the father of the kid if the real one dies.
my point exactly. OP what do you think is actually going to happen if your buddy and his gf pass away? you think the cops going to bring the kid over to your house with suitcases and be like "here u go lol, good luck"? no. probably the kid will stay with relatives. if your friend told his family that you're the godfather, they'll get in touch with you. and you will probably be given a say in what happens to the kid.

are you worried that you'll have to attend a baptism or a confirmation or something? take the kid to bible study? go to family barbecues? ask you to babysit?
>>
>>17478779
>has he said anything about what he expects you to do as godfather

no he didn't say anything
>>
>>17478741
So to escape this situation gracefully, you say this:

>I am really honored that you would pick me for this role. However, I'm really not a "kid" person. Kids are not something I want in my life, and I wouldn't be a suitable godparent because of it. I wish nothing but the best for you and your child, but this is not something I can faithfully do.
>>
>>17478803

>are you worried that you'll have to attend a baptism or a confirmation or something? take the kid to bible study? go to family barbecues? ask you to babysit?

I don't really even know. It's just that word "father" in god father that freaks me out. I literally never ever want to have any sort of responsibility for a kid.
>>
>>17478780
this

all you're gonna be doing is occasionally giving the kid money for ice cream, the occasional babysitting, and just making sure the kid isn't becoming an ass. By the time they're teens, your godparent duties are just making sure the kid isn't going to jail. You're just there to help raise him morally, not literally.
>>
>>17478741
As a person that seen his godfather whole 2 times in my entire 28 years of living I would say that this is not that big of deal. I don't feel any connection with the godfather, nor would I help this man if he asked me on the basis of our "relation" becaue he is just a nobody for me. I don't harbour any grudge to the guy or feel anything at all to him. If I had choice, I would want someone other for godfather, someone who would care at least tiny bit and would maybe try to teach me something or insist some hobby on me.

Ending my blog post and coming back to you: it's actually great oportunity for you to grow as a person. Greatest chances to become someone better and happier is when we overcome our fears and conquer the odds. It could be a challenge that allows you to know yourself better and maybe get to the root of that whole "I don't like and I even am scared of kids". Aditionally you could form a relation with this young lad or miss that would prove the be something very good for both of you and that would bring many good things and happyness in your life. In the worst scenario im which you would literally hate the kid, you can just send him card and some cash on his birthdays, that would be much more than most godfather I know, do. Godspeed (haha, a pun!)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.