[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over being suicidal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Ds wood.jpg (256KB, 485x750px) Image search: [Google]
Ds wood.jpg
256KB, 485x750px
What it says in the subject.
>>
Call a warm line/suicide hotline for immediate help (use google for either)

In general if you are actually about to do to something to kill yourself you're cool to check in for a mental health institution (I would if I was ever at that level) if not, check above

Those are short term fixes but the long term fixes come on your own accord and aren't that bad. I'd stay away from drugs and alcohol for a little. Once you've sat in negative despair for so long things start to brighten up. God bless.
>>
>>17478630
I've been in dark places.
I lived 6 months in a room eating fucking balogne sandwiches every day.
It was sad and I was alone.

I got over it. I got further.

It got harder after that. At the bottom, I had no emotions. Just day in, day out.

Now that I'm human again, I had emotions. And I felt terrible. Terrible about all the time I wasted.

What I'm getting at is that your life is fuel. Fuel for you to do shit.
At the least, fuel for you to sit under a tree and watch the sunset.
That's one of the few memories I have from my depressive period.

Even if you think life is shit, surely you recognize the body's ability to find pleasure.
And pleasure is the ultimate goal of any absurdist.
>>
if you're planning on something to hurt yourself, seek immediate help (hotline, friend, etc.).

it's tough, we've all been in ruts, some tougher than others. I've been there, wondering what the purpose of being here is and wondering what awaited after. I drew up plans to kill myself after getting dismissed from my university, I felt like such a failure and didn't tell anyone about it (still haven't told many people); I thought if I took my life, I wouldn't have to repay my loans and live with the stigma of failure (up til that point, I'd never experienced failure at such a level). Only reason I didn't kill myself was because of my mom, I kept thinking of the pain that she would have to go through.

It took a while, but it wasn't til I finally got tired of being so pitiful that I was able to open up and get help. I'm not gonna lie, it was the hardest thing I've ever done; in our current culture, it's implied that seeking help is a sign of weakness--you're supposed to just power through any type of mental and emotional pain. It's one of the worst things we've ever done; it's ok to seek help, to break down, and to want to change.

OP, suicide won't solve your problem; suicide is just a short term answer. You'll be leaving behind long term pain for your family and friends--and if you say you don't have any, you're lying (we all have them, even if they seem cold and distant, they are there and do care).

Do yourself (and us) a favor: go on a hike tomorrow, doesn't matter how long it is, just hit your nearest trail (the earlier in the day, the better). Don't take any music or any other type of distraction, just follow the trail and take in the scenery. If you see anyone there, just say good morning/afternoon (or nod) and keep going. Once you're done, go home, reorganize your room.
>>
>>17478718
Make sure you toss out anything that you either don't use or need--clothes, books, figures, etc. Once that's done, call or message a friend (or a family member), you don't have to tell them what's wrong (tell them whenever you're ready) and make plans to do something different (hit a museum, convention, exercise, jusy do something you've rarely/never done before).

I can't speak for you, but most of the suicidal thoughts come from a feeling of lethargy and melancholy, along with being alone with our thoughts. You need something and someone to distract you; don't sit around browsing 4chan all day.

OP just understand that it's going to be ok, you'll get through it--it just takes time and effort, like everything else in life.

if you're in SoCal, I wouldn't mind hanging out with you; or even if you just want to talk, we can email each other and go from there.

don't give up
>>
>>17478718
>if you're planning on something to hurt yourself, seek immediate help
why do people say this? why are you so fucking selfish that you can't stand the idea of someones finally being able to end their pain?
>>
>>17478630
Just bee yourself dude!
>>
Could always kill yourself.
>>
>>17478903
Well yeah obviously, I thought I'd measure my options first.
>>
>>17478790
It's a cop out
>>
>>17478988
it's as much a cop out as medicine or leaving an abusive partner
>>
>>17478660
>Now that I'm human again, I had emotions. And I felt terrible. Terrible about all the time I wasted.
Are you still like this? I was only allowed to have my emotions for a few months. I cried my eyes out thinking about all the wasted time. Now I'm back to "normal" again. I can't feel a thing no matter how shitty things are. How do I go back to being able to cry again?

Not OP by the way.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.