[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physician assistant masters program or med school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: loans-for-med-school.jpg (154KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
loans-for-med-school.jpg
154KB, 425x282px
I'm a 22 year graduate with a 3.4 GPA and a B.S. in Biology (Molecular, Cellular, Developmental) from the University of Washington.

When I first entered college, I wanted to be a doctor with all my heart. But as time went on, I realized how much stress, sacrifice, and time (8+ years including residency) that they need to go through. I'll be lucky to get in at 24.

I've been thinking about getting some clinical hands on experience and applying to PA school / hopefully getting in and starting when i'm 24. (It's a 2 years masters program)

Has anyone here been my same shoes and what did they do / what would you recommend?
>>
>>17478563
I think you're doing the right thing. You're only going to increase your chances of getting into med school plus you're gonna be hands on helping people which will help you get a feel for things.

I'm 25 and I graduated with a not quite pre-med major (probably like one or two postbac classes away) and generations of my family are doctors, so it's always in the back of my mind. I too am intimidated by the commitment required for just the training, as well as the lifestyle of a busy physician (not that they're all like that), but based on everyone I've seen who got into medical school through something other than a straight shot after graduation, the biggest thing seems to be hands on experience and/or volunteer work. I know dudes who went to EMT training and were paramedics into their 30s before going on to be MDs. There isn't really a time limit on this stuff it's just a question of how old you want to be before you're in an established career and making money, yknow?
>>
>>17478563
Off-topic OP, but I'm a freshman right now with that major, and like you were before, I want too be a doctor too. Any advice for me in college?
>>
>>17479072
2nd year med student here- the higher your grades are during undergrad, the much less stress you put yourself under before applying. Don't fuck up and you'll be golden. When I applied, 3.3 was the absolute lowest many schools (DO or MD) in my area even looked at, and even then, that's with a stellar interview and good ECs. Don't put yourself in a hole and you'll be good. Good luck man!
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.