[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does the awkwardness end?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1471247721795.jpg (30KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1471247721795.jpg
30KB, 480x477px
Help /adv/

>talk with girl for few months
>eventually agree to go out on date
>she's the shy/quiet type
>both our first time in our entire lives
>lots of awkward silences
>lots of indecisiveness
>answer questions pretty briefly, run through a bunch of topics quickly
>both of us way too shy to make any advances
>no physical contact the whole date

Does this ever get better? I do really like her and she knows this. Relatively certain she likes me too. I mean she did agree to go out. We're both just uncomfortable around each other.

wat do
>>
>>17478289
What do you usually talk about? It helps if you have a common interest or something you're both very passionate about; that should ease some tension, get a longer conversation or even a mood going. And where did you go on your date? Try to make it more casual and find something fun. Shyness is hard to get over, but maybe you can attempt an awkward hug or try holding her hand? That could be a start.
>>
You guys shoud talk about your shyness.
>>
>>17478340
We went to a fairly cheap japanese restaurant/bar place. It was a casual dinner. I did talk about various stuff but they ended pretty quickly. Even on stuff we both knew plenty about, like TV shows we've seen. She did seem kind of embarrassed and avoidant when anything relatively suggestive came up, for example she would giggle and put her hand on her face, so I didn't want to make any advances.

>>17478355
Might actually be a good idea.
>>
>>17478289
I'm the same situation OP, but her friends know that I like her and they keep trying to keep us together. I would like to go further but I don't know how to make it, I keep thinking that my big approach will seem strange and creepy and will mess up all the small progress that I made.
>>
bump

How do you date shy people?
>>
>>17478289
just gently push towards the thing you want to do. look up things you can do together. you're both shy, just communicate in your own way.
>>
File: imagesOK5XCURI.jpg (19KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
imagesOK5XCURI.jpg
19KB, 183x275px
Book....The Highly Sensitive Person. It describes socially awkward people and how it comes with good things.
>>
I've hooked up with a fair number of shy girls. I don't think things will work if you play the shy card. Girls like confidence, even girls without confidence. Make a move, she'll push back in a shy way. Let her know she can push back as much as she wants--you're not going to judge it against her. She opens up her non-shyness, and soon follows her legs.
>>
>>17479194
I'm not playing a card I'm legitimately just as shy as her. It always seems way too uncomfortable to make moves.

Relationship might stagnate if this continues.
>>
>>17478372
She probably likes you a lot but is too embarrassed about her inexperience to get closer. She could be nervous that she'll mess up somehow. If you want progress, you do have to push towards intimacy. Start with anything small, like a kiss to the forehead or as mentioned above in that previous post ^. Let her know you've never done this before either, but you're okay with taking it slow(er) if she doesn't like your advances. Chances are, she wants to push the relationship further too.

When talking, do you do the most of it or does she? Give her more openings to talk about herself. You could tell her a funny, relatable, or even embarrassing story about your childhood and maybe she'll loosen up and say one of her own. How are your conversations over text/internet, if you do that? Are they just as awkward and short as in person? Does she usually break it off, or you? You really do have to get the conversation going and continuing.

Your date location seems fine, but are there any other fun activities/events in your area? How about a walk along the seaside or through a park? I don't know your ages or interests, but are there places you both went to often when you were younger? Fine some common ground where you're both comfortable.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.