[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ok to have low standards?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 740full-kacy-anne-hill.jpg (294KB, 740x985px) Image search: [Google]
740full-kacy-anne-hill.jpg
294KB, 740x985px
>Was a "loser" in high school, so I learned not to give a shit about what people think but also as a result have low standards
>Wasn't very attractive either
>Fast-forward to now, I'm much more attractive and get much more attention from women (sometimes even unsolicited)
>I've banged 8's before, but I'm ok with settling on 4's since I honestly don't give a shit if anyone finds out
>I don't even look at "conventionally attractive" women most of the time and just go for average and below average women
>I'd much prefer a below average/chubby girl than a "hot" girl because I know I won't have to work that hard and she'll probably be drooling all over me

Physically I'm attractive, but my mind is still in "high school mode" where I feel like I'm still the ugly little kid I was. Is this healthy? Or is there something I'm missing?

Pic unrelated, just my dream girl.
>>
It seems like you might be rationalizing your decisions, coming up with reasons for your actions that may or may not be true.

If I'm to relate to you in this situation, I can say that these "4's" are generally much nicer people, because they have to be. Many people fucking suffer the "8's" because they simply cannot or will not settle for "4's". This is a generalization, but it does hold true in many ways.
>>
>>17477706
and when I say nice, I mean considerate and humble

they might not be cheery or dishing out compliments, but I mean they have more human decency, because who is going to tolerate a 4 without human decency? people will tolerate an 8 without any.
>>
>>17477700
Having a bad self image is always bad.

Having lower standards is not a problem so long as you're fine with it; if you find a 4 attractive then go for it.

Your self-image is, however, extremely important to your life as having a poor one can lend you to unnecessarily limiting yourself.

You accept that you are attractive which is a good step towards changing how you view yourself for the better, keep reassuring yourself that you are attractive and desirable.

Remember, improving the standard by which you view yourself doesn't mean you have to raise the standard you have for others, many people just do.
>>
>>17477723
I think people tend to confuse unideal and unattractive very often. A walk in public, even in some bourgeois shithole, will show you that with any amount of effort you can have things going for you physically.
>>
>>17477706
>coming up with reasons for your actions that may or may not be true

Only other explanation would be that I'm desperate, but if that were true I'd be ok with having sex with prostitutes, which I'm not.

>these 4's are generally much nicer people

Yeah, that's usually the case. But it's also the fact that they just receive me better. If I knew that I was gonna get to a point where girls are hitting on ME, 14-year-old me would've flipped his shit. Hell, I'm still kind of flipping my shit, it almost feels surreal a lot of the time.

>>17477723
I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>17477700
I think you should only rate women on the binary scale: 1) I would have sex with her 0) i would not
>>
>>17477763
I wonder how much of that has to do with how you look. Girls hit on me and I'm stylish but not much to look at, in fact I think I'm pretty damned ugly. Again, that could be another false attribution. Maybe you have a more attractive personality since you improved your appearance.
>>
>>17477827
I'm actually pretty stylish too. Clothes really do make the man.
>>
Where were those 4s when you were in high school? They only get attracted to you after you got more handsome. Lel they are probably more swallow than 8s.
>>
File: 1374007276680.jpg (35KB, 170x213px) Image search: [Google]
1374007276680.jpg
35KB, 170x213px
>>17477700

We all have dreams that we aspire to, whether it be a 10/10 girl, a fast car, fame, fortune, what have you. The most important part about these fantasies is being able to rectify them with reality and who you are, not who you wish you were.

The fact is that ridiculously attractive people are less likely to challenge you emotionally or mentally because society doesn't challenge them at all. Whether or not you're willing to entertain someone you aren't compatible with or don't even necessarily like just because she's a 9 or 10 reflects just as negatively on you as it would if you went with a less attractive woman simply because you depend on their desperation to drive the relationship.

In the greater scheme of things there is no "average" or "above average", really, because one man's 8 is another man's 2 and vice versa. The only thing that matters in this situation is that you're picking out women for the wrong reason. You want your love life to be a perfect reflection to you and its not. It never will be.

I think you need to spend some time looking inward and analyzing some of these behavioral patterns that you're holding onto so tight.
>>
>>17477775
Agreeeeeed
If you enjoy it, and they enjoy it, what's the problem? Why would you NOT fuck someone who wants to fuck you and whom you enjoy fucking?
>>
>>17477700

>I'd much prefer a below average/chubby girl than a "hot" girl
>Pic unrelated, just my dream girl.
>posts extremely hot, smokin girl
>>
>>17477709
We used to say that you could get a girl that is only 2 of:
>hot
>nice
>smart (which in this context means: not a total moron)

You've chosen your 2.
>>
>>17477700
Are you me? I feel the same way. Though the difference is I still don't care at all. Personality is the most important thing to me.

Of course it's healthy. You like what you like. Women that are considered highly attractive are usually complete cunts. Keep doing your thing anon.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.