[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Destroyed by the Void

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1128.jpg (65KB, 490x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1128.jpg
65KB, 490x474px
I underestimated the socialization I was getting from living with a friend and having multiplayer cooperative games. I'm in the process of looking for a job that will pay the new bills of living on my own, and it'll be a while until I'm in school again.

So, the loneliness is getting so bad that I'm about to just force myself on people. If I had to choose between tolerating my ex and spontaneously showing up at my mom's, I'd choose the latter.

Question: is the loneliness going to be this major all of the time now? What if the chosen line of work doesn't benefit the loneliness? Not knowing the next time I'll be around someone is causing me a lot of anxiety.

I tried meetup.com, but that website seems to be hyped up as *used* when it is pretty sparsely used, considering there are more than 300,000 million Americans? However, there are several weekly Zen meditation groups in the area, so I'm gonna attend those.

Any advice is appreciated. I need to live on my own for now, and can't afford a gaming PC, so the easy solutions are not options.
>>
well u could wander around wall mart if ur desperate to see other humans. its what I do sometimes.
>>
>>17477670
That's not bad advice in general, though your choice of location is kind of baffling. Starbucks might be a good idea, to go on the laptop or read there. Thank you.

It's really weird, because I have a perfectly okay time inviting people to do things, cheap things even. They often cover.

Sometimes having an old slob in the house every day to ask you inane questions can be better than seeing a hot girl occasionally.

There's no such person around, there's nobody around...
>>
Join a gym or some kind of sport club
>>
>>17477713
Those sorts of things do exist on Meetup. There are canoeing, hiking, and rock-climbing trips that seem interesting. This still leaves me with a problem, but it could fix maybe 20% of it and get me some exercise.

As for literal gyms, the gyms around here are impersonal, so it feels more like being on a hamster wheel by yourself.
>>
anyone else here in the same boat?

I'd like to hear more from
>>17477670
if possible
>>
>>17477837
I came on here because I literally cried now that my ex is gone and I have zero friends.

Day three and my mind's going crazy. Zero income or job because I was living off her and I feel like a huge ass burden to everyone I'm around.

The only time I feel okay is if I play my bros games like overwatch but other then that I feel like a huge failure and the shit I try to do every day makes no difference to anyone around me. It's like every day I start from scratch and nothing I do makes it better.

I even hit the gym 4 - 6 times a week hard, headphones and all, and I still feel like a huge failure. Atm trying to get a serving job to talk to people but God damn I feel alone.

Psychiatrists appointment in 9 days so I'm holding off until then.
>>
OP I think you're just in a need for more social hobbies (my problem too) i'd go out and explore things you like, whether its film/movies/sports/dancing/etc
>>
>>17477880
there are way too many parallels between our current situations.

you sound like another NEET who isn't self-inflicting it (currently), and one who isn't too deluded about it either. the reality of the situation is cold, but I'm sure it isn't permanent.

we can suffer longer waiting for our ideal solutions to process/pan out. we don't have to degenerate like some people do. we're stronger than that.

if overwatch works, please play it when there is honestly nothing more productive to do (a lot of the time, right?). I'm looking at zen and dnd groups at the moment. just a short while. I honestly wish I had a gaming PC to play a comp shooter.
>>
>>17477909
I finally bought my whole "wardrobe" (read: not wearing the same clothes every other day).

I'm looking at going to those kinds of outings now. Here's hoping it works out! Unfortunately most people aren't pursuing their hobbies in an organization that invites new members, but some actually are, and I'm hoping that pans out.

I'm functioning like a Sim with an empty social meter. I have proto panic attacks when there's too much stimuli, and I feel like I want to knock myself out with alcohol.
>>
>>17477920
Alcohol won't get you anywhere, I think most people are social with beginners about there hobbies depending where you meet them.

You can do it man
>>
>>17477649
Get a job in sales or something where you work with people so the socialization you don't get at home can be acquired through work
>>
>>17477649

a lot of the meetups seem empty, but arent. for instance no one actually signs up for the dodgeball meetups, cuz they are the same time each week and everyone just goes. not as many people click the 'will attend' button as you think. i live in los angeles so maybe its just here but meetup is very popular with the non normies.

that being siad, just go socialize. stop thinking about the ramifications of what being lonely wil lentail and just go talk to people geez
>>
>>17477939
>just go talk to people
>most normies use meetup

sounds like LA. I'd move near NYC, but that's expensive as hell. I'm scared to move to the west coast. do you think a train to NYC could yield anything good? I'm on the rail line.

I'm thinking of starting meetups, but it would be hard for me to be a facilitator.

>>17477926
>alcohol won't get you anywhere
it gets me through the intrusive thoughts about destroying myself or the things around me. Those are scary.

>>17477930
I'm looking at a range of jobs, from minimum wage to jobs with full benefits, so I'm probably going to take the one that offers me the most money

Sales is interesting but they want experience and it's trending downward. In service on the other hand, there's something not very gratifying about the basis of the interaction being "gimme..."
>>
You should join a social circle. A religious group. A swimming class. A community college cooking class. The relationships will build from there, a common bond.
>>
>>17477975
gonna join Zen groups and some exercise groups. some of the people in the Zen groups might be serious practitioners, too. we also have a big canal with a trail and canoeing.
>>
>>17477837
well I had a therapist I talked to for a little while but I'm so shy I quit seeing him.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.