[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it weird or abnormal to carry my groceries onto a bus? Any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1471192824979.png (228KB, 1192x830px) Image search: [Google]
1471192824979.png
228KB, 1192x830px
Is it weird or abnormal to carry my groceries onto a bus? Any advice for doing this without fucking up?
>>
can you carry them in a back pack?
>>
>>17477654
Some of them, yes.
>>
>>17477612
it's even weirder to not eat for fear of looking weird
>>
>>17477665
Its my first time doing this kind if thing so I wanted to know.
>>
People around me - myself included - do this all the time anon. Just don't over think it. I live in D.C. but I don't think it makes sense to be self conscious about your groceries buddy. Hope that helped :)
>>
>>17477612
People just tell themselves: fuck why do i have a car to go to the grocery store while i could just take the bus and saves hundreds of bucks per year
>>
I do it and see a lot of people doing it. Be careful to not buy too much at a time that you can't carry
>>
>>17477612
In my home city (San Francisco), where parking is terrible and lots of people don't have cars, I see people carrying bags of groceries home on the bus literally every time I ride the bus. People, mostly but not exclusively older folks, often use these little wire folding carts with wheels, turning a few bags of groceries into something similar to a wheeled suitcase. They're a little awkward to get in and out of the bus, but undeniably make it easier to get a lot of groceries down the sidewalk. I don't use one myself but would without hesitation if I didn't live within walking distance from my grocery store.

I use a couple of large canvas tote bags, slinging one over each shoulder.
>>
Do what you have to do to get by. It's not nice but you'll get your food, and it'll make a man out of you to do this for a while. Fuck what the others think, they have no idea who you are. Just don't be the idiot who struggles to walk in a straight line with 7 plastic bags.
>>
>>17477746
it depends on the area, but nobody should judge you for it. at the worst, it's a little sad that nobody is driving it for you.

when I see old people doing this I think goddamn, but when I see a young guy it's very understandable, just kind of a shame nobody will make the runs with you like I said
>>
>>17477801
also this

cities where more people get around on foot will not judge you remotely for this
>>
File: _v1_XUDQPyo.jpg (341KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
_v1_XUDQPyo.jpg
341KB, 1200x1600px
>>17477801
>>17477816
>>17477842
Thanks. I've been going through some rough waters with the family lately and I can't drive, so I need to do something about this.

Also, would taking bags/a backpack into the store look bad or suspicious?
>>
>>17477868
>would bags look suspicious?
yes and no, but who cares. just explain you are on foot. maybe get some open grocery bags, like those "environmentalists" use.
>>
There's a device you frequently see people use to take groceries home in a city that looks sort of like a wire cage on wheels with a handle. Any hardware store or a place like Walmart will have them.

But honestly there's no need to feel embarrassed.
>>
>>17477868
(DC guy again)
Nah man I've done that too to keep my hands free. Just make sure you keep the receipt so if they ask you it won't be an issue. Hope shit gets better for you.
>>
This is totally normal, backpacks are normal too, just put the groceries in after you buy them. Or use the reusable bags, they're sold in every store here(Canada) they hold more and no one gives them a second look. Not that I'd given a second look to a plastic bag either
>>
Don't steal and don't intend to steal and you'll be fine
>>
>>17477612
Get a car you poor fuck
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.