[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asked a girl for coffee. She accepted. Asked where I wanted to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1448747253028.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
1448747253028.png
70KB, 243x200px
Asked a girl for coffee. She accepted. Asked where I wanted to go. I don't drink coffee and I don't know of a place to go.

What do? Does it have to be some yuppie hole in the wall place or does anywhere really work?
>>
Ask her if she has a preference?

Or just take her somewhere that is nearby?

I mean come on its less about the coffee and more about the chit chat. So fuck some jazzy loud coffee shop.
>>
Dunkin donuts or Starbucks
Get a medium roast and add sugar and milk to it if you don't like it.
>>
ask if she has a favourite place she likes to go. or look on yelp or whatever and see which places have the highest rating. or go the safe route and do starbucks, it's kinda the mcdonald's of coffee but it's not bad.

you don't have to order coffee either, pretty much every coffee shop I've ever seen also has hot cocoa and at least a couple different kinds of tea, and often bottled drinks as well.

though personally I wouldn't order tea if they are going to put it in a paper cup. the high temperature of the water causes the nasty chemical flavour of the plastic-coated paper cup to overwhelm the flavour of the tea, especially since the teabag never seems to be big enough for the amount of water they give you.
>>
>>17477018

She may not drink coffee either. Your local hipster place is probably the best. While you're standing in line say this is your first time here and you don't even drink coffee. She'll be impressed with your honesty and immediately disarmed. You will have an in.
>>
Thanks guys. I said the following:

"Nothing fancy, just like a Starbucks or something. Unless you have a place in mind. I'm not too much of a coffee person."
>>
>>17477588
Say a place and a time. You are taking the initiative, you say where to go.
>>
File: 1468276686475.jpg (82KB, 480x643px) Image search: [Google]
1468276686475.jpg
82KB, 480x643px
>>17477018

Firstly, don't ask a girl out to coffee and say you don't even like coffee. No one wants that kind of pressure on a date. Like imagine if a girl asked you to go have pizza and when you got to the restaurant she said she hated pizza. You'd be sitting there the entire time trying to get to know someone while watching them eat a food they dislike.

Its confusing and disingenuous. Don't start off an interaction with a girl by taking her to do something you don't even like. She'll spend the rest of your relationship wondering if you're being yourself or just giving in to the wants of other people.

Secondly, don't take her to a Starbucks or a Dunkin Donuts. Local hipster place every time. Stay away from chain places of all kinds when going on a date. Somewhere quirky, somewhere quiet, somewhere you're familiar with.

Show her a piece of yourself and the things you enjoy doing, not arbitrarily take her somewhere because thats where you hear dates are supposed to happen. If you like reading take her to a local book shop. If you like music take her to a show you're stoked about. If you like art take her to an opening of an artist you enjoy. Show her your passions. Women love guys that are passionate about things. Its genuine, its exciting and its you, so you won't feel the mandatory awkwardness that comes with sitting across a table in a building you've never been in wondering what to talk about.

BE YOU, not obligatory "um, coffee?" date-guy. Let your personality shine through in the things you do. A million guys will ask her out for coffee and sit there and mindlessly blather through the typical "where are you from, what do you like, what do you do?". Be the one who does something different.

Thats what I would do, at least.
>>
>>17477621
>>17477668
Well, hold up. I was asking to make sure that was okay with her to go there. That's why I didn't just throw out a place and a time. I was asking for coffee because I didn't want to say, "Wanna go get a drink sometime?" because that sounds like I'm asking them to go get drunk with me. I didn't plan on drinking coffee. I planned to drink something else.

It's just a nice girl I met on Tinder who wasn't the usual antisocial person I meet on there. We made a few jokes together, so I tossed out the offer to meet up somewhere to get to know each other and she said sure. I wanted to get to know her, not take her on a stroll through the mountains or on a bike ride through town. I just wanted to chat 'em up in person.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.