[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I doing with my life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 2000px-LIFE_magazine_logo.svg.png (12KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-LIFE_magazine_logo.svg.png
12KB, 2000x1125px
So I'm doing shit at adulthood. Parents have been pushing me to be a Nurse cause good money basically and while I don't really have a drive to be a nurse, I've been going for it anyway. Tried looking into other career paths, but parents basically push those off as Nursing makes a lot of money and they say I can just do it for a bit, save up, THEN go for what I want to do. They basically make it sound like any other job would leave me living in a box unless I make $30+/hr. Well...Fucked up some semesters and classes. Taking Chem and Math for the 3rd time by now. Basically fucking it up because I'm stupid.

I'm still doing prerequisites for Nursing as a sophomore and am looking at 2 more years once in the Nursing Program. Assuming I get in. Parents are saying how I'm already "late" with more years added till I'm a nurse. I'm 22, still live at home, no real savings or anything. Basically wasting life at this point. Would end it all by now if I wasn't so afraid of death. What do?
>>
Well, what would you like to do?
>>
>>17476935
No idea. I'm good with computers and electronics, so I kinda figured I'd like to learn more about it. Maybe IT or something, but again. Parents basically said it was a waste of time.

Computers and games are my loves and it would have been nice to get into something that was related to those.
>>
>>17476944
Forget the parents and what they tell you. You already wasted time, when they pushed you into a degree you don't want.

If you are interested in IT then try to educate yourself in your free time. Not only about the work, but potential courses at your university and how to switch majors.
Just don't go into this field because of video games and wanting to become a game developer.
>>
>>17476958
I would...but they pay the bills. I've been helping out a bit more now with a part time job, but they basically pay everything.

Game developing was always interesting, but not really a focus of mine anyway. I do know a ton of people in the IT field and I can look more into it.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.