/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life changes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/, I want to vent for a minute, but I need some advice on how to handle things.I grew up in a small town very friendly,kinda racist but cozy. I moved to California and saw drugs ,etc. At first I was disgusted, but I grew accustomed to it. I started analyzing people,body movement even to their eye movement and I guess I grew accustomed to it.I grew from an anti-social kid to a full on charismatic guy. It was weird, I could understand exactly what to say to people. Even people who hated my guts (I could make them smile and talk it out).When I heard people's problems I always had clear explanations to how to solve them, everything became very binary. Even if it was a combination of different things, it was still pretty simple. Fast forward now, I am doing okay. About to buy a house with 5 year long gf/HS sweet heart. But I surround myself with old friends. All in which have depression, drug usage/abuse, their lives are everywhere etc. I've lost the ability to sympathize with "Being Young". They would complain about a girl leaving them, and popping pills,drugs etc, and I'd tell them how dumb they were for setting themselves up to fail. Even if they knew I was right, I've completely ignored their "feelings". To me feeding the homeless, investing in a non-profit, helping people , gardening at the local garden is more important than the stupid problems they have. It's sad but I dont know if its me being a prick or just life pushing us apart.I have friends who have taken algebra since we started college and are still there (9 years later) maybe intermediate algebra now. Then they blame the system for their failure. I can still see the flaws but the ability to "please" people is gone. Sometimes I just need to rant it out.
>>
I feel you on this...although I have found that there are other things that I might not be so honest with myself about, that is childish. Sometimes...my attitude.. You do grow out of friendships, sometimes...and sometimes the relationships just change. It's really not a question of where you are at in life, compared to others.. Its about whether or not, those people still fit in the same place. I have found that many people self medicate...some in healthy ways (restricted diet, etc) others with drugs...doesn’t mean they are bad people, but sometimes it's easier to help a person you know nothing about than someone that you know all their business. Either way, seems like you are working it out. Change is ok. Just be as good to people as you can..Have a good day, Sir.
>>
>>17476026
it's lack of compassion, running rampant because of today's disconnected world. I understand being angry at other's stupidity but it's because you can't see past your own perspective into a reality where you might not be so smart as to make perfect decisions.
>>
>>17476026
>It's sad but I dont know if its me being a prick or just life pushing us apart.

This seems to be the closest thing to a question, so I'll focus on that. Probably the latter, m8. I've given up on a few friends that would rather be degenerates than get help/allow me to help, it happens. I didn't have this problem, but if you feel guilty about being a "true friend" and sticking it out for them, use your best judgement. How long were you friends? Did you become friends by meeting each other, or basically forced to be friends by mutual acquaintances? Is it really worth it for either party for you to remain in contact? Sometimes it's better for everyone to cut ties, but definitely do your best to help people you genuinely care about.

>>17476045
That would be a decent point, if the people described weren't pill-popping degenerates in a pity pot. I get having empathy for them in their plight, but these people need help, and if he can't/won't provide it, why stick around? He'd just seem condescending to them, and their problems would spill onto him - net loss for everyone. There's only so much empathy that one can squeeze out before becoming desensitized, after all.
>>
>>17476047
>He'd just seem condescending
baseless mansplaining
>only so much empathy that one can squeeze out
I know what you're saying but only if u a bitch.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.