[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to communicate with someone that doesn't really contribute?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: laughing-emoji.jpg (81KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-emoji.jpg
81KB, 800x770px
>Femfriend sets me up with one of her friends. Apparently friend thinks I'm very attractive, wants to talk to me.
>Because I live a town away for college where they'll be going after they finish their senior year in high school, she just gave me her number to text and see where things go.
>Seems like a nice girl, but I can't manage to get a good conversation out of her. We have things in common, but it seems she responds to my 4-5 sentence texts with maybe 5-10 words, and usually this laughing emoji
>Fuck that laughing emoji
>She's fine otherwise, but she uses that damn emoji even when what she or I says isn't remotely humorous.
>It gets weird at times
>Anyways, femfriend asks me how things are going
>"Fine I guess. I have to lead the conversation because she doesn't really contribute much"

Femfriend explains to me that the girl I'm into has only been in one relationship and I guess he treated her like shit. I asked what that had to do with her not contributing to conversations, and femfriend says that the girl has never really talked to a guy about a topic with substance or meaning. She's been "conditioned" from previous guys, and according to femfriend she's not used to talking about actual things. One of femfriend's friends said "Wow, he's really good at texting. She doesn't really say much in return though."

Not sure how one is "good" at texting, but anyways, how do I get this girl to open up or have a conversation with some substance to it?
>>
take her on a date and try face to face convos instead.
>>
>>17475768
I plan on doing that the next time I'm in town. But the semester has just started so I have no idea how long that will be. I'm a good hour and a half drive away.

Femfriend, my friend (Femfriend's boyfriend) and I are gonna do a skype call as per usual, and the girl is gonna be at femfriend's house tomorrow night so she'll be there. I figured we usually talk for a good two to three hours in those calls, so there's plenty of time to try to figure out if she's just a shy texter or if it translates into real talking as well.
>>
>>17475709
You can't really change them. That laughing emoji is the equivalent of the old "lol/haha" after everything. and not really having deep discussions is just a part of who she is. If you're someone that really wants in depth conversations and someone to engage you, she's not someone you'll match with on an intimate level.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.