[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1471485711569.jpg (43KB, 322x318px) Image search: [Google]
1471485711569.jpg
43KB, 322x318px
I live in Brooklyn. Any ways to actively help my neighborhood besides mere donations? Any ways to help random individual people? Any ways to become a good person?
>>
Remove niggers
>>
File: 1471021560738.png (322KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1471021560738.png
322KB, 546x700px
>>17474725
>>>/pol/ I'm sorry but my best friend is half black. I need the blacks to stay
>>
>>17474720
Yes, there is. I'm so glad to see that you ask this question actually but you can't do it by yourself.

Changing the whole neighborhood is hard man, let me tell you that. You will need others help.

Get on the good side of everyone in the neighborhood, invite neighbors to have tea or coffee, try to be helpful, to sum it up : send them the good vibe. Once you do that you will have a certain status in the neighborhood, then you could participate to random gestures like removing waste from the streets etc. A very few people will understand what you're trying to do, and then there's two options:

> 1 : Everything ends fine, the neighborhood is better than it was, people are bonding and you could even get yourself an official status of good citizen or some shit if this keeps up in a few years.
> 2 : Your momentum didn't create many helpers and what you did is only temporary and in a small scale.

You're still seen as a good guy either way.
>>
File: rJOdVigK_400x400.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
rJOdVigK_400x400.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>>17474720
Remove spics
>>
>>17474761
Hmmm I know a problem in the part of Brooklyn I live in is poverty as well as the occasional gun violence. I might go with that
>>
>>17474778
I gave you that "plan" without any idea of the context you're in, I live in Belgium and it's 2am. So watch yourself, always go legal when there's a few choices to make, if you see that it's too much, don't make your life a pain just give up on the idea. But I still think that's possible, you just need to reach other people with the same interests, parents, old people, and some young students. Maybe there's already some kind of group doing that, get to know them and maybe share your ideas with them if you see that they're good with that.

Just so you know, you will probably never earn something out of it, philanthropy isn't really a value, but if you slowly manage to make things greater, people will know. Whatever your race, watch your mouth about any racial, or community-aiming thinking and everything will be fine.
>>
Remove chinks
>>
>>17474785
Oh no i'm not in it for the glory. I just wanna make people feel better rather than annoying them. I was told that helping person can make you happy
>>17474787
>>17474776
See>>17474736. The /pol/ posting isn't funny. Just corny. Leave
>>
>>17474802
I believe in that too buddy. I really believe that. Very nice to read from you, that makes my lil' philanthropic heart melt. We'll date if I become a woman in another life, just don't hit me with the broom that's all.

> btw
Teach yourself a few understanding of social psychology, and sociology. These will help you in your quest. Take the bystander effect, for instance, this kind of experiment shows you how people are prĂ´ne to help each other if a first person makes a move. We are social animals, like Bourdieu said, we cannot live with society, helping people in this time and in your place, that's a gift.

Anyway, I hope you've got more questions, I'd love to debate about it with you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM4WW5yyuu0
>>
You can start by sending me $1000 and see where we can go from there.
>>
File: download (11).jpg (10KB, 336x150px) Image search: [Google]
download (11).jpg
10KB, 336x150px
Look for local anarchist groups and see if there are any ways you can help marginalized people. You can also donate blood, volunteer for homeless shelters or animal shelters. all depends about the cause you care about the most.

Just be safe, don't put yourself at risk in shady areas at night.

Also this might be of use https://www.newyorkcares.org/
>>
>>17474720
Like somone said you need to help the neighborhood as what it is, a group of people.
Maybe the best is to target only one kind of people, like what kids need in the neighborhood, or what old people need, or what sportsmen want in it.
Is pretty like as the work the politicians should do.
GL with it
>>
>>17474720
Go to mill basin help me get rid of these darkies
>>
>>17475022
/pol/ pls
>>
>>17474966
>>17474882
>>17474837
Thanks bros. I'm gonna try sonething this upcoming fall season so I won't feel pathetic anymore
>>
inject wealth into the neighborhood. Open a store or something
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.