[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enough with Zuckie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: facebook-dustbin.gif (4KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
facebook-dustbin.gif
4KB, 190x190px
Facebook is the elderly's social network, that much is clear.

But is there an alternative?

Snapchat and Instagram are glorified image-based messaging apps, the way Vine is a 6-second movie sharing app: none of them is a fully-fledged social network. In my country, Twitter is only for journalists and politicians, and Pinterest for 45 year old women.

Besides, all these networks are already starting to get old, even Snapchat and Vine.

What's the next big thing? I'm sick and tired of Facebook and want nothing to do with it anymore.

Plz hlp /adv/ you're my only hope
>>
You could check out the Google+ Communities. Ye, people dont like googles social network. But the communities you can find are often very active and way better than any of that facebook shit.
>>
>>17474063
Good thread.

Facebook has become too bloated. It used to be fun when you had only like 150 friends, and you could post funny stuff on it without worrying.

Now your boss, coworkers, professors and their family have added you on facebook, which means that if you even only like a post, ALL OF THEM will see it in their timeline.

Because everyone now has 600+ friends, everyone's gotten too scared to post things, making your timeline just one big shitfest of "Hurr Durr liked this photo by TheLadBible".

I visit facebook about 50 times a day, scrolling through my timeline, then realizing how I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life looking at the same old regurgitated garbage memes some fucking guy from high school liked.
>>
I just use pidgin to chat on fb so I never have to visit that cancerous website.
>>
>>17474091
Really? My newsfeed is full of politics and some memes, half of which are also political.
>>
File: Happy-Trump.jpg (51KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Trump.jpg
51KB, 800x500px
>>17474091
I just realised I'm that guy from high school who keeps liking 9gag memes. In fact, I don't like anything other than memes.

>mfw I don't give a shit
>mfw they're still funny
>>
>>17474063
Google+? idfk
>>
>>17474063
Why not move on to something like Discord chat rooms or moving back to something such as IRC? I always found that type of communication with people to be much more enjoyable.
>>
>>17474063
G+ is good for communities. They are very active and you can find some good stuff there. If u want more text content you can try Quorra. It is full of discussions about some theme.
>>
>>17474091
>Because everyone now has 600+ friends, everyone's gotten too scared to post things, making your timeline just one big shitfest of "Hurr Durr liked this photo by TheLadBible".
Honestly it's the stupid crap like the water powered bike that piss me off. I keep having to hide those sources because or I'll waste my day arguing about it.
>>
>>17474063
>is there an alternative?
Yes. It's called: call your actual friends and say "hey what's up?" and then catch up with what's going on.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.