[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there's this girl at my uni that I really like...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Essentially I suspect she's had a crush on me for a while, last month she made a lot of effort to make excuses to get her and her friend to spend time with me. I got to know her a bit better during that time and I think I developed feelings for her.

Fast forward a week to the holidays I was bored the saturday, messaged her asking if she's in town with the intent of asking her to get coffee with me. I didn't get a reply until five hours later and went out by myself. During this time I met another cute girl (lets call her cardiobunny). The first girl then messaged me back apologising saying her phone was out of data. I then had a really fucking awkward text with her since I'm already on date with cardiobunny and can't ask her, but don't want to let her know in case she was interested, luckily she wasn't in the city anyway. I'm pretty sure I came off as desperate because I replied immediately while she took 20-30 minutes. I then ended my last message saying I'm going out "with some out of town people I met", she then didn't reply in full untill the next day.

I took all that as disinterest from her and moved on. This was over a month ago, but for some fucked up reason I can't stop thinking about her. I haven't spoken to her much and then only cold convos from my side, I've seen with another guy though weirdly she kept looking in my direction probably trying to spot jealousy or something. Also whenever I'm in earshot she seems to start talking about other guys with her friends.

Today I just read over the texts again (yeah I'm apparently that pathetic) and realized her replies were actually longer than mine. She also did tell me she was very shy (but she really doesn't seem that way).

Would I be stupid to try and spend more time with her?. She still kind of rejected me and she can message me any time she wants right? I want to move on, but lately I think about her even when I'm out talking to other girls.
>>
Sorry about the poor writing, I'm compressing a lot of shit in one psot because I find that this board doesn't really do tl;dr. For example take the lack of replies to this thread OP which despite my best efforts still became a wall of text...
>>
>>17473996
Also some more information which might be relevant to your /adv/ice.

She does always greet me very warmly with even a bit of excitement, but I don't know that might just be her trying to friendzone me.
>>
>>17473996
The first advice I have on this subject matter is stop overthinking things. Seriously, stop. You honestly probably did not fuck things up by texting back quickly. You did blow her off after with how you handled the moving on part (which you clearly didn't or we wouldn't be having this conversation). She may have honestly been trying to make you jealous or she may have just been looking over there to see if you were going to still be friendly. You gave her some serious mixed signals (in all fairness it sounds like she may have towards you as well) so she may very well have moved on. She could also equally be sitting there pining for you, wondering why her approach got her rejected, just like you. I'd suggest trying to spend some time with her. If she is positive towards it, try to calmly bring up the topic of how you've been feeling about her if the mood seems right.
>>
>>17474032
Thanks for the reply.

Guess I'll never know untill I try. It's just hard becuase I don't have any excuse to be near her, pretty much all I can do is to strike up conversations if I bump into her on campus, any non-platonic emotion will make me look pretty pathetic if I'm wrong.

Mixed signals? I don't have a lot of female friends, but I assumed a guy messaging you on a Saturday asking if you're in town would be pretty clear cut?
>>
>>17474085
Bingo. You don't need an excuse to be near her. People spend time around people they enjoy being around. As long as you aren't weird about it, you can pretty much ask her to do anything you would ask another person to, hell my last date was an arts and crafts day.

You messaged her, she was out of town. Your follow up was to reduce contact with her and move on. You made one attempt, you could have easily made another afterwards. She was probably hoping you would. That is pretty mixed. Seriously, try to spend time with her. Hopefully it isn't too late!
>>
>>17474108
>You made one attempt, you could have easily made another afterwards. She was probably hoping you would.
Goddammit you're right, I think I fucked up.
>>
>>17474119
We all do, it happens. Try to rectify it, if you can't, you are pretty clearly on top of your emotions and enough so to move on, do such and learn so the next time around it doesn't go that way. Like I said, try to spend time together, she may be receptive. That is kind of the advantage of having a shy person open up to you like that, they don't tend to do it very often.
>>
>>17474129
Seriously thank you. I wasn't actually expecting to get solid advice from this thread, but Anon really delivered and made me see things more clearly.
>>
>>17474136
Not a problem, I'm glad I could help.
>>
Teenagers have the stupidest fucking problems.
>>
Hey op what ever happened to cardiobunny
>>
>>17474146
Sadly I'm a grad-student, realistically I have a mountain of much bigger problems, but this somehow occupied my thoughts the entire afternoon.

>>17474156
She was only in town for weekend. Hot and nice, but kind of boring and I haven't really thought of her since she left.

All the girls I've met at the gym are like that to be honest. I don't know why I keep going after these types of girls when I never take it past the frist date...just lonely I guess.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.