[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice about how to deal with overprotective parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 200_s.gif (37KB, 314x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
37KB, 314x200px
Alright, we are east indian(look middle eastern) and we live in the USA and my parent's are paranoid people will want to hurt us if we go outside. I tried explaining to my parents nothing is going to happen because no one pays me any mind outside anyways but they don't care.
They think I will get killed or hurt if I go outside. So they try their best to overprotect me. I now have depression, anxiety, learned helplessness.
They became overprotective since moving here. They always think people are against them and want to kill me becaue I look like a middle eastern man.
I explained to them that I am not a muslim but an atheist but they don't care. They don't let us( me and my brothers) go outside often especially at night.
I am 26 now and I have depression, anxiety, leanred helplessness because of this. Can anyone give a advice on what I can do?

I know I posted this before but I went to psych ER that day and didn't have a chance to read the replies and advices.
>>
>>17473765
Dude you need to get the fuck away from your parents. Give it all you got and try to find a normal life. Can't go much into detail since I'm in a hurry but I'm sure other anons will fill in.
>>
>>17473765
Where do you live? Some people in some cities in some counties in some states can be complete dickheads despite being a US citizen. Liberals will try to hump your leg and be your human shield and conservatives will not give you a shit unless it is important. You're probably not that important. Radical hill billy, aka backward-ism lame stream media idiot non-fact-checking-generalists will probably try to murder you.
>>
Get a job and move out duh.
>>
26! You do understand you were legally free to fuck off from them a long time ago , if them keeping you in is making you feel depressed and anxious I'd tell them to fuck off and go out when you want to go out? If you do it you'll show example to your brothers that when they come of age to leave they can without feeling an obligation to stay just because your parents are worried
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.