[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck this job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (17KB, 202x164px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 202x164px
So nobody answer my last thread so hopefully this time somebody answers
Hi /adv/,
So I've been working as a case manager for at least 3 monts now, and yeserday I just graduated training.
Today I had my first court hearing and things went not so well. My supervisor called me into her office and basically threatened me to fire me and gave a lot of bullshit about how I am not listening to people. Everything I tried to say in my defense came up as an excuse for her and I feel like we cannot communicate at all.
I am going to quit today (I'm actually right now in my lunch break) but I don't want to get a bad reference if I do so. I just want to let them know that I don't feel fit for this job, nothing personal. Do you think that would affect my possibilities of getting hired somewhere else?

Update: I have not quitted yet but I talked to my mentor and told her I am going to quit. She recommended me to think about it and if I still want to do it, to give a 2 weeks notice to my supervisor.

I don't really know what to do because this is my first job after college, I don't want to add a bad reference to my work history but I feel like this job is just not for me.
>>
>>17473379
>give a 2 weeks notice to my supervisor.

this. Be polite and they should give you a good reference.
>>
>>17473496
I guess that's the appropriate thing to do. I'm just worried since this is my first job and is not going as expected. I feel like my supervisor is going to act like an ape when I show her my resignation letter. If she does approve me to stay those 2 weeks, I'm sure it will be hell.
>>
two week notice most definitely
>>
>>17473861
Nah, give your two weeks and then just don't give a fuck. Don't actively do anything that will get you fired, just stop caring about the job. It sucks and it'll take a second to get into the swing of, but you'll find it relaxing afterwards.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 728x636px
>>17473954
That's exactly what I did today. My supervisor is out of the office until Monday so I'll have to wait to formally present my letter of resignation. But yea, my mentor knows and I'm pretty sure the rest of my unit knows too. Actually this morning my mentor actually tried to persuade me to reconsider my decision. It was pretty much her fault that I got in trouble in the first place, so I basically told her to fuck off. I just hope my supervisor takes this as a civilized person and does not give me a bad reference in the future.
>>
>>17474355
If you're in the states the worst they can do is say that you are not rehirable and that you gave proper notice. I found that makes not giving a fuck so much easier.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.